Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 09:19 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
True

However you see this type of thing from liberals every time around. They did it when Reagan and Bush 1 & 2 were elected.
Many a moderate to conservative was displeased that Obama was elected, but you didn't see them acting like the fools against Trump are doing.

Did you really just say that?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
True

However you see this type of thing from liberals every time around. They did it when Reagan and Bush 1 & 2 were elected.
Many a moderate to conservative was displeased that Obama was elected, but you didn't see them acting like the fools against Trump are doing.
Maybe the trump triggers people in a bad way, do you have any clue why that may be?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:44 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
Yes. I feel it every day. And just reading the first moronic responses to your post, you can see how that rude nature has by implication given approval for all his admirers to follow suit. I believe our country is already great, and there are great people from both the Democratic and Republican sides...who I believe hopefully will make a move to reign in this absolutely unbearable "king in his own mind" before we are totally destroyed as a country...we are already the laughing-stock of most of the world...except Russia's president, of course.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Many feel the chaos, in fact, of all people, Greta Van Susteren gave the throw away comment yesterday that while Trump's only been in office less than two weeks, "it feels like a year".

Old 02-02-2017, 12:12 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Yup he is already making a HUGE MESS!!

Old 02-02-2017, 12:25 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
I am scared to death. This maniac is going to get us into a war, and he hasn't even been in office for two weeks. Are all you Trumpsters happy about the prospect of sending more American troops into war? I thought your main attractions were JOBS and THE WALL.

In hindsight, people should have started to revolt when McConnell's obstructionism came to a head with Obama's Supreme Court nominee. Not even giving the man the courtesy of a hearing. Oh but NOW, Democrats are being obstructionists....."mean-spirited".....OMG, cry me a river.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
This is exactly Bannon's plan...to create chaos by rattling off moves that are more outrageous by the day, so that they a) become somewhat normalized, and b) splinter opposition to prevent a united front against various policies and appointments. All of these executive orders, ridiculous appointments and bold-faced lying to the media within two weeks, if not stopped somehow, will after a few years become normalized as with any fascist state. "Alternative facts" will become "facts" and truth will become "truth according to (the opposition)".

Old 02-02-2017, 03:46 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This is exactly Bannon's plan...to create chaos by rattling off moves that are more outrageous by the day, so that they a) become somewhat normalized, and b) splinter opposition to prevent a united front against various policies and appointments. All of these executive orders, ridiculous appointments and bold-faced lying to the media within two weeks, if not stopped somehow, will after a few years become normalized as with any fascist state. "Alternative facts" will become "facts" and truth will become "truth according to (the opposition)".
This^^^^^^^^

Old 02-02-2017, 03:53 AM

189 posts, read 361,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)

Where you been the last 8 or so years?

Old 02-02-2017, 03:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I am scared to death. This maniac is going to get us into a war, and he hasn't even been in office for two weeks. Are all you Trumpsters happy about the prospect of sending more American troops into war? I thought your main attractions were JOBS and THE WALL.

In hindsight, people should have started to revolt when McConnell's obstructionism came to a head with Obama's Supreme Court nominee. Not even giving the man the courtesy of a hearing. Oh but NOW, Democrats are being obstructionists....."mean-spirited".....OMG, cry me a river.
Quit your bellyaching. If the situation were reversed, the democrats would have done the exact same thing.

See: Sen Chuck Schumer, 2007, when he said that George W Bush would NOT get to place his pick on the supreme court and that it would be decided by the election in 2008.

Smackdown completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies