Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 08:39 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He isn't Jewish. That is Ben Shapiro.
He himself says he's Jewish.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:39 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
I find flamboyant personalities and hard right politics annoying and distasteful.

So I made myself watch Milo to what the hype was about. I can see why he elicits so much vitriol from the left. He is charismatic and persuasive. He does not bat .1000 on everything he says, but he makes a good case for his views. Basically he calls out the hypocricy of the left in a way that makes them livid while shattering sterotypes they hold of the right.

I find it amusing that he is depicted as a neo-Nazi by some. He is definitely against unrestricted immigration and mainstream Islamic values, but he also praised the University of New Mexico's Muslim president for having the balls to let him exercise his 1st amendment rights unlike some other venues.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:40 AM

112 posts, read 59,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Any observant person watching raw live footage of the evening from a variety of sources can clearly see BPD standing down even as Roman candles were being fired at their faces, young women were being beaten by rioters, and another woman being interviewed by a camera crew was sprayed in the face with pepper spray. That's not even going into the other countless acts of violence that went unmitigated.

Your reticence to accept reality is duly noted.
Have you ever witnessed a riot first hand? In almost every riot, even with the police trying to stop it, rioters can still do a lot of damage and there is always a period of time where the shock police is yet to arrive to deal with the situation. That period of waiting most of the time is capitalised by rioters to do the most damage as possible. Then when the shock police finally arrive, they rapidly disperse to fight for another day.

That riot and how it occurred is entirely consistent with any other "black bloc" riot that happens around the world.

And finally, the campus law enforcement were as well attacked by the same rioters, you honestly believe that the law enforcement allowed themselves to be attacked for some crazy political agenda?!

Old 02-03-2017, 08:40 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Okay, I know I'm over-posting on Milo today, but seriously I can't stop laughing and enjoying the moment.

Before the riots I had never heard of the guy, so when I heard he'd be on Tucker, I was expecting true evil to be showing it's face -- some big beefy macho redneck guy with swastika tats, perhaps in a white KKK sheet, nervous and shifty eyed, someone clearly worth protesting and being concerned about.

So when Milo shows up as this totally likable bright gay guy who weighs about 75 lbs with an upper class Brit accent displaying interesting and thought-compelling arguments, I found it totally hilarious that liberals are so terrified of this guy.
Can't stop laughing.....
Made my day......

Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I absolutely love the fact that after getting their asses handed to them in over 1000 elections this year, Liberals have chosen to double down on the identity politics and "white supremacist" narrative that lost them the election!

You guys are making the birthers look like rank amateurs in the hysterical nut job department.

Please, by all means...keep it up lol.
Oh... no... that would really take some doing. What with their misspelled signs and wearing teabags on their heads. But, whatever fits your narrative, have at it.

I can quote Bannon's racist, Nazi words. From his own damned website.

Come on. Keep up. These people are either exactly what they say they are or they are liars who are out to yank chains.

They're not serious politicians. At all.

Too much reality TV will warp your actual view of reality.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:42 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
A conservative Gay person...the left just can't get over it... just like The Donald.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:42 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,059 times
That's great news. Inquiring minds always want to know and that is what happened. There are 1000s of gay Republicans but many fear mis-treatment by their community if they show who they support.
These Democrats are not democrats from the 90s. These are true left-wing extreme liberals. They are a small minority and paid protsters. Imagine, in one day they have all the chants and signs ready to protest. No job to go to or personal errands or pople to meet. They are paid.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post
Have you ever witnessed a riot first hand? In almost every riot, even with the police trying to stop it, rioters can still do a lot of damage and there is always a period of time where the shock police is yet to arrive to deal with the situation. That period of waiting most of the time is capitalised by rioters to do the most damage as possible. Then when the shock police finally arrive, they rapidly disperse to fight for another day.

That riot and how it occurred is entirely consistent with any other "black bloc" riot that happens around the world.

And finally, the campus law enforcement were all attacked by the same rioters, you honestly believe that the law enforcement allowed themselves to be attacked for some crazy political agenda?!
I was born and raised in a liberal family less than 10 miles from the Berkeley campus. I've not only seen riots occur, I've participated in protests there that became riots. I'm pretty confident in my observation skills.

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL -- Milo's book is now #1 on Amazon and it won't even come out until March 14 !
When, if it is good, it will continue to sell well and if it sucks, it'll drop like a stone.

JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER BOOKS.

Because... books sales work that way all the time and have since book sales started being tracked and presales started being a thing.

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Thanks for this. Like others, I had no idea who Milo was, and now I am another person buying his book, too. (Just pre-ordered it from B&N.)

And watching the video . . . wow, I thought I had been transported back in time about 50 years!

And as others have said, why can't the protesters who scream about "freedom" and "tolerance" realize what utter hypocrites they are being?!! (I would love to hear from those who think this is actually okay.)

Btw, for those (like myself) who had no idea who Milo was, here is the Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos

P.S. I am a moderate who voted for Johnson.

He is a guided missile that can penetrate SJW defenses. He knows a lot about penetration. These twits really think their opposition would be nothing more than Ben Shapiro whose facts can be ignored because of sex and race. So could Thomas Sowell who is entombed in the alchemic circles of the past without the skills of social media. Milo fights in meme wars even better than they do. He has shown us how to beat them. He's John Conor or possibly even the anti-Christ himself. After all he is a Catholic, a charming foreigner without the natural desire for women. He even has a Bond quality about him. Thus I expect the Holy See , Skynet , and Specter to join forces to oppose him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies