Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:31 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Milo is a fascist and should be removed from the U.S., pronto. He's basically a baby Hitler.
Without a doubt the most retarded post I've ever had the misfortune of reading here. I'm typing this with a completely straight face.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:34 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
but...but...but... there is documented evidence it happened. All I get from you is, it was made up to start chit.

Let us weigh the evidence....
Counsel, the hostile witness is yours.
If it's proof from a reputable source (i.e. not Breitbart, The Daily Wire, Info Wars, The Blaze etc) maybe I'll consider it

Old 02-04-2017, 02:54 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If it's proof from a reputable source (i.e. not Breitbart, The Daily Wire, Info Wars, The Blaze etc) maybe I'll consider it
I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'll do a quick Google search for you:

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.co...ndroid-verizon

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ll-street.html

Sexual Assaults in Occupy Wall Street Camps - ABC News

NYPD Says Occupy Wall Street Protester Was Raped By Fellow Protester Near South Street Seaport: Gothamist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bc.marf...ndroid-verizon

https://www.google.com/amp/humaneven...ndroid-verizon

Note to Occupy Wall Street: Rape, riots, murder, arson, pushing old ladies down the stairs, lice, and crapping in public don’t poll well | The Daily Caller

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street
Quote:
After several weeks of occupation, protesters had made enough allegations of rape, sexual assault and gropings that women-only sleeping tents were set up.[162][163][164][165] Occupy Wall Street organizers released a statement regarding the sexual assaults stating, "As individuals and as a community, we have the responsibility and the opportunity to create an alternative to this culture of violence, We are working for an OWS and a world in which survivors are respected and supported unconditionally... We are redoubling our efforts to raise awareness about sexual violence. This includes taking preventative measures such as encouraging healthy relationship dynamics and consent practices that can help to limit harm.”[166]

Old 02-05-2017, 07:09 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Reasonable people know that Milo fits the textbook definition of fascism, as does Steve Bannon. Two baby Hitlers.

Anyone who disagrees is a Trump-crazed, anti-American apologist for fascists in the White House.
That mindset is why Dems keep losing votes, and elections.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Milo is white and he supports Trump so obviously he's racist.

It must frustrate them though that he's a gay man from England and definitely not a redneck.
That is the liberal mindset now unfortunately.

I'm still hearing people say this . I guess it's easier for them to jump to that conclusion rather than realizing the real reasons someone might have voted for Trump .

Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Yeah, he's a real winner, this guy. A flame-thrower who pimps himself out to the highest bidder, for fame and fortune. And he's not even American. What a hack.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...-yiannopoulos/
Another deep , and nuanced expose of the political landscape. He is not even an American. Sort of ironic given he is accused of being a Xenophobe.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:07 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You might be right, but they looked very organized, didn't they? How can you say some protesters suddenly went "a bit berserk" when they were dressed in uniform and carrying smoke bombs? There were an estimated 1,500 peaceful demonstrators and suddenly about 50 of these people appeared and created chaos. Wouldn't it only be a "mob mentality" if the majority were violent, not a small percentage of a large crowd?

Do you honestly believe that protesters encourage this type of behavior? How does that help their cause?
A few simple suggestions:
1.) If your protests are constantly being hijacked by a bunch of violent miscreants, then stop giving them the stage to hijack. Stop protesting Milo's events. Then when these jackasses show up, they'll be on their own.
2.) Not protesting Milo would be kryptonite to his entire campus tour. Milo wants to be protested. He wants universities to refuse to let him speak. He wants groups of angry feminists and BLM's screaming their damn heads off trying for all they're worth to silence him. It feeds his entire narrative that liberals are against freedom of speech, intolerant, mindlessly angry and violent.
3.) Cities across the country should make it an immediately arrestable offense to cover your face while mass-protesting. Penalty = one day in prison. This would give the police the opportunity to get the bad eggs out of there before they could start smashing property, setting everything on fire and beating up everybody, etc.
4.) If you want to silence Milo or any other conservative, you need to engage in dialogue. This doing things like attending his event, remaining calm throughout and then coming at him with calmly delivered questions with solid facts and statistics backing them up. Do your research. Watch tape on Milo and see if you can see chinks in his rhetorical armor. That sort of thing.

And yes, by the way, it has been found that faculty members are often leading the charge to protest Milo and other conservative speakers and trying to ban them from their campuses. That does not necessarily mean that they were pro-violence, but they were actively supporting a protest against freedom of speech. Deans, mayors and other powerful public officials have done the same sorts of things. Any publicly funded university does not have the right to pick and choose whose free speech will be protected on their premises. UC Berkeley might have to lose a lot of its funding to learn this lesson. Many rich donors of theirs may very well be shocked and stop donating to them, even if federal funding is never cut off.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:35 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Still rather interesting. A hundred or so organized provocateurs show up and resort to violence. And no one seems able to figure out who they are. Hard to believe.

Anyone come across an article of who these people are? Anarchists?

It would appear Berekeley was well set up and ready for large peaceful demonstrations but was not set up to deal with an organized and violent group. Would seem to me law enforcement would want to hunt these folk down.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:40 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Still rather interesting. A hundred or so organized provocateurs show up and resort to violence. And no one seems able to figure out who they are. Hard to believe.

Anyone come across an article of who these people are? Anarchists?

It would appear Berekeley was well set up and ready for large peaceful demonstrations but was not set up to deal with an organized and violent group. Would seem to me law enforcement would want to hunt these folk down.
When the police are told to stand down, they stand down. What I am wondering is when the violence was breaking out, why wasn't that order rescinded immediately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies