Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 07:15 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
As a Conservative, I support:

Legalization of Marijuana. (But don't cry when you get turned down for a job when you fail a drug test or busted for driving while high)

Gay marriage. (There is nothing in the Constitution that gives government the right to regulate marriage, but the flip side is you can't force someone to make you a wedding cake if they don't want to )

LGBT people using whatever bathrooms they want. (Use the same rules society has always used....if you look more like a guy, use the men's room, if you look more like a girl, use the ladies room....99.99% of people won't give a wet slap)

Legal Abortion (within reason, just don't ask me to pay for it, and at least be honest about what it is you're doing.)

Government funding of Stem Cell research (watched a loved one die of Alzheimer's disease, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy)

So....maybe the Left should ease up on the stereotypes a bit.....ya think?
Because only the left stereotypes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 07:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't support full legalization, and it seems Trump admin does not either. As a matter of fact it is likely the Colorado, Washington etc legal pot days are counted.
If the trump goes after states that legalized they will e going against the Will of The People and most Americans favor decriminalizing or legalizing pot. I would also point out that the feds would have a hard time enforcing their laws within states which have legalized it because the state law enforcement agencies work for the State would uphold State Law, in other words the two could very well end up in a face off. I doubt even the trump is stupid enough to go down that path, but one never knows.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:41 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It should be our choice not the government. I find it ironic how republicans want less government yet still want the government to control our lives. They speak out of both sides of their mouth. Why is that?
Yeah, good question. Democrats and feminists who are for abortion say it's their body, so it should be their choice. So, it's my body, so why shouldn't it be my choice to smoke a blunt or not?

Old 02-04-2017, 10:44 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
But the tax payers pay for the medical and mental issues that follow. We simply do not need to lose track of our lives and become numb and become burden to society.

I am glad it is not wide spread.
You apparently don't know anyone that smokes pot on a regular basis. All of the ones I know, are productive adults to society. The ones that are not are the ones that are drugged up on all of them anti-depressants.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:11 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
People seem to forget about the state government sometimes. Many of the red states have strong anti marijuana laws and stricter alcohol laws.
Which states would that be?

Here are red states where it's legal (medical or otherwise) or decriminalized;

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
FL
GA
Iowa
Louisana
Michigan
Mississippi
Nebraska
NC
ND
Ohio
OK
Penn.
SC
SD
TN
TX
Wis.

And some states where possession is a misdemeanor;

ID
Kansas
KY
MN
SD
SC
UT
WV
WY

In fact, the only state I can find where it's a felony is AL. And they have legal medical use.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If the trump goes after states that legalized they will e going against the Will of The People and most Americans favor decriminalizing or legalizing pot. I would also point out that the feds would have a hard time enforcing their laws within states which have legalized it because the state law enforcement agencies work for the State would uphold State Law, in other words the two could very well end up in a face off. I doubt even the trump is stupid enough to go down that path, but one never knows.
Well, Obama was stupid enough to be the Chief drug warrior.

And in case you don't keep up with the news, here is what Trump said.

"In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state," Trump told The Washington Post. "… Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."

Old 02-04-2017, 11:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Yes, they can agree on marijuana, but after rehab they'll start disagreeing again.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Well, Obama was stupid enough to be the Chief drug warrior.

And in case you don't keep up with the news, here is what Trump said.

"In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state," Trump told The Washington Post. "… Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."
Good then the wet dream of some here will not be happening, or will it, the trump says a lot of things most of which mean nothing. So there is that.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

I am glad it is not wide spread.
Actually - it IS wide spread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legali...._jurisdiction

Old 02-04-2017, 06:39 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Why can't liberals and conservatives agree on marijuana?
Alaska and Oregon agrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies