Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:25 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Are you proud of Dylann Roof or Alexandre Bissonnette?

Lone maniacs are more comparable to Micah Johnson or Omar Mateen.

There is group think involved which suggests an anti-social, fascist movement , not mental illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 12:26 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Right, a bunch of slackers who didn't want to learn new skill for the job market but instead voted for a guy who is giving them handouts on the backs of the American people, are the ones accusing others of not taking personal responsibility.

Animals that should be dealt with accordingly.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
VIDEO: Trump supporter pepper sprayed at Milo protest | abc7news.com

Isn't pepper spraying somebody assault?

Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
One things for sure. The left owns the super majority of nut jobs and they don't condemn the actions of them.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
A gun ain't going to do crap when the attacker is within close proximity to you.

I want to make this point clear because there are going to be Trump idiots who think they can confront an angry mob as long as they are packing heat; and then get their butts kicked.

They would see the gun before they got close. Anyway, I would rather take my chances with one than without. Or at least have some pepper spray.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Funny how liberals just can't take personal responsibility and answer the question. They always believe two wrongs make a right.
Actually had you read the thread asking a question of the non-trump supporters you would have heard the answers. Your question wasn't an honest one anyway, most people can recognize a good troll thread and that is all you were doing, looking for an excuse to vent some more. Have at it, get it all out, if that is possible.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Right, a bunch of slackers who didn't want to learn new skill for the job market but instead voted for a guy who is giving them handouts on the backs of the American people, are the ones accusing others of not taking personal responsibility.

Dude... come on. What about all us "librul elites" who make tons of money and look down our noses on the "salt of the Earth, God-fearing, conservatives?"

Are we all lazy people with no jobs or are we all over-educated people with so much money that we don't care about blue collar America?

Which is it?

I think it switches back and forth depending on which finger people want to point on a given day.

Reality time:

Some liberals have high-paying jobs. Some have middle-income types of jobs. Some are lower income. Some are unemployed.

JUST LIKE CONSERVATIVES.

Nobody in either group corners the market on money, lack of money, or collecting government aid.

Do you really think all those poor people in rural Mississippi whose skin is white as paper are raging liberals? Naaaawww...

And, make no mistake, they ARE on the dole.

Some of the most vocal conservatives I know are either "on disability" or "just on benefits until they find a new job"... many have been this way for YEARS.

And, yeah... I know that among liberals you can find similar people.

Why do both parties (I am a member of neither) pretend that their party is the one with all the smart people?

There are so many intelligent people of all political leanings.

Why do both parties pretend like theirs is the one with the hard workers and/or the high earners?

It's just NOT true.

Every time someone mentions how a lazy liberal wanted their Obama phone and/or are living in their parents' basement, I think to myself "okay... let's go find the comment about how all these lazy people collecting unemployment are waiting for Big Daddy Trump to give them low-skilled jobs paying 30 bucks an hour will full benefits while living 15 to a mobile home."

Because, it's out there somewhere, you know it is.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:27 PM

Hollywood Director Tweets Threat To Trump Supporters After Berkeley Riot

Read more: Hollywood Director Tweets Threat To Trump Supporters | The Daily Caller

Old 02-03-2017, 01:42 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Outside your alternative bubble, Trump is actually not that popular. The collective, hive-mind voice of the Trump lemmings is loud...fanatics are generally the most shrill and vocal minority within any group. They come in all colors, from all cultures, from all ideological backgrounds and viewpoints. There are some on the left, some on the right. Some within this or that ethnicity. Some in any religious group. These people tend to get more obsessive and violent than the majority of folks.

I don't have to "hate" anyone to acknowledge the simple fact that Trump is a well-known and admitted fraud, serial philanderer and billionaire elitist corporate sellout (as are The Clintons for that matter),among other things, these facts coupled with his infantile, egomaniacal tendency towards tantrums and bullying make him a less than ideal candidate, much less president. There's nothing presidential about him.

His cabinet appointees and baseless hostility towards longtime US allies only reinforce these feelings.

I understand people demonstrating against Trump. This is a very basic American right. The majority of people, both here and abroad, do not Support Trump, his cronies, or his policies.

This is because the majority of people recognize Trump as someone who cares only about himself and his gang of freakin' Illuminati billionaire overlords. (see 'appointees')

Anyways, all that said, I do NOT condone violence and vandalism as we saw at Berkeley.

Beyond that, when it comes to white pride alt right imbeciles, individuals or organizations like the KKK, I say, they have a right to assemble, speak publicly, etc. It's not something to riot over. Let them say their piece. For every one nutjob they might recruit, there will always be scores more people who are repulsed or who find it laughable.

But people hating Trump as POTUS have real points. He is a very intolerant man, and he preaches intolerance.

The appropriate response to intolerance is to not tolerate it.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:51 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
The peaceful protesters and the non-violent non radical left should be speaking out loudly against these antifa and other radical violent groups. Police could take active steps to grab the violent ones. They did nothing at Berkeley.
Protesters dressed in normal clothes, without masks, were dancing and cheering during the chaos so it seems they support it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies