Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:53 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But he won't because our country is not a dictatorship. A leader with total power and never challenged is very scary for our country. Is that what you really want our country to become....a president always getting their way. This is what the protests are about. And this is not about democrats losing. It is so much more. You may want a dictator running our country but the majority of us don't. I hope congress will start standing up to his temper tantrums.
We had elections... Americans wanted Trump to have the presidency and both houses of congress. This is why we have elections. To settle our differences. Your way of thinking is so out of touch, it's why democrats hold the least number of seats since 1926.

And after the anti-American presentation of the superbowl, Trump will get more support. So make sure you always have a diaper pin nearby, and you'll get through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 10:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
We'll see. I'm sure in the end Trump will get his way like always.
Like he did in the case where Judge Curiel ruled against him?

Old 02-04-2017, 10:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Polls? In the United States we have elections. If people wanted to import more refugees during a mIgrant crisis..... Hillary would have won.... hello McFly!!!

Huffington Post? They are fake news. They put Trump in the entertainment section because they said his campaign was a joke!!!
You apparently didn't bother to read my post which clearly states why I used HuffPo. There are plenty of other links, but it has an easy to read chart.

Also, this ban is not only affecting refugees. I keep seeing that word over and over on this forum, so apparently many people are not paying a lot of attention. OTOH I remember when Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and the citizens there were called refugees too, so maybe to some it has a different meaning.

You know, I'm not even sure why I am answering your post. It does not even address the one I wrote to which it is responding. Just a lot of ranting.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:56 PM

856 posts, read 705,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Whatever the voters decide is what they stand for which is to support President Trump to keep us safe!

The left can cry, bash, riot, protest, utter threats and lie all they want but they won't change our mind.
You do realize that 54% of Americans voted for someone else, right?

Quote:
I agree. We just had an election to settle these issues.

Trust me, if Americans wanted to import more Syrian refugees. ... Donald Trump would have lost.
That wasn't a major issue in the election. Trump won because he's not Clinton, it had absolutely nothing to do with the refugee issue.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:57 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
We had elections... Americans wanted Trump to have the presidency and both houses of congress. This is why we have elections. To settle our differences. Your way of thinking is so out of touch, it's why democrats hold the least number of seats since 1926.

And after the anti-American presentation of the superbowl, Trump will get more support. So make sure you always have a diaper pin nearby, and you'll get through it.
Trump isn't a dictator. There are still three branches of government with equal power and the judicial branch just did exactly what the founders empowered it to do.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
You do realize that 54% of Americans voted for someone else, right?

That wasn't a major issue in the election. Trump won because he's not Clinton, it had absolutely nothing to do with the refugee issue.
Trump won 57 percent of the vote. 306-232 votes. That is why Trump is president.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Trump isn't a dictator. There are still three branches of government with equal power and the judicial branch just did exactly what the founders empowered it to do.
We'll see. Trump will get around it, probably with an even stricter ban. If we wanted people from these countries here, Hillary would have won.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:03 PM

19,779 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Kinda like the voters in SD approving, by ballot, an ethics commission overturned by republicans drunk on fraud...

Daugaard signs bill eliminating voter-approved ethics law

So much for right wing ethics and following 'the will of the people'.

Screw hats.

Can't lead? Just screw the voters, lol...

Old 02-04-2017, 11:05 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
And what does the president mean when he says 'so-called' judge? Anytime a judge rules against him he wages personal attacks them?

Really?

Old 02-04-2017, 11:06 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:

Why would I have a diaper pin? Sorry, don't understand. Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million, unless you are in denial and have alternative facts like Trump and Kelli ann. So no most didn't want Trump. And how is my way of thinking out of touch. You love Trump because you think he always gets his way and I guess you admire that about him. But in a democracy a president is not king and doesn't always get their way. So Trump has to suck it up because it's not all about him. But Trump won't suck it up. He goes on twitter and makes a fool of himself Very presidential
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies