Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,380,428 times

Advertisements

Hypocrite Obamabots suddenly worried about government spending. Same old story from the hypocrites - Bush spends, it's bad, Obama spends twice as much and it's good, Obamas WIFE takes a vacation on the taxpayers dime costing tens of millions and it's fine, Trump does and it's evil.

If you people didn't have double standards you'd have none at all.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,789,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
$500,000 a day for Melania and junior.

I think it's actually $1 million per day to secure them in NYC.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:12 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,789,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Hypocrite Obamabots suddenly worried about government spending. Same old story from the hypocrites - Bush spends, it's bad, Obama spends twice as much and it's good, Obamas WIFE takes a vacation on the taxpayers dime costing tens of millions and it's fine, Trump does and it's evil.

Massive irony alert! Everything you guys are doing right now is pure hypocrisy and double standards. Whine about swamp in Washington, Trump fills his admin with nothing but billionaires, oil tycoons, lobbyists, and Wall Street bankers. Whine about Hillary's email server, Trump's staff uses private RNC email servers. Whine about Hillary doing pay-to-play, Betsy DeVos paid Republicans to confirm her. Whine about leaks coming out about Trump and Russia, Trump asked Russia and Wikileaks to leak stuff on Hillary. Republicans do endless Benghazi hearings without a single thing found, but refuse to investigate Trump's disaster Yemen raid that killed far more people than Benghazi. Whine about corruption, Trump is the most corrupt so-called president in US history. He's already far worse than Nixon.

You all are the absolute epitome of hypocrisy. That is an absolute fact. You are 100% wrong, without question.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,894,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I vaguely remember some outcry about how much Obama spent when he traveled for work/vacation. I was hoping one of those vocal posters could update us with the price tag for President Trump's travels, since it was obviously very important with the last President.

Also does this hits the same threshold of concern that you had with Obama?
You are a fool! Obama traveled all the time you guys did not even raise a concern!
"Its Presidential business it Ok King Obama!"

Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,431,163 times
Quote:

Did you even read the original post? No one is arguing that Trump shouldn't be allowed to take a vacation now and again.

This thread is about the Right's hypocrisy.

Obama took a low number of vacation days by presidential standards yet the Right whined about it constantly.

Now that Trump is set to blow by Obama's vacation day spending in under a year, they're quiet as mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
You are a fool! Obama traveled all the time you guys did not even raise a concern!
Another right-winger misses the point of this thread.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Quote:
I vaguely remember some outcry about how much Obama spent when he traveled for work/vacation. I was hoping one of those vocal posters could update us with the price tag for President Trump's travels, since it was obviously very important with the last President.

I am not someone who ever cared what it cost for Obama and his family to go wherever they went.

In fact, I find any concern about this issue regarding any president to be quite petty.

Anyone who is elected president gives up a great deal of freedom/privacy, etc.

I want my president rested, relaxed and able to move outside the bubble of the White House.

I don't care what it cost.

Its also not any individual presidents fault that Americans have a propensity for assassinating their president. Each president deserves the freedom to go wherever they want with the security necessary to keep them and their families safe.

If some wealthy person wants to step up and give the Trumps a retreat somewhere that is less costly than NYC or West Palm, that would be great. But, if they don't, I'm ok with paying for them to go to their homes for down time.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:53 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Donald Trump is a working president. He wants to work and he doesn't want to travel much unless it's about business. And, no, he's not going to do anything wasteful with our taxpayer money, unlike the bozo that preceded him who did.
You can think whatever you want at the kiddie table. When you're ready to own up to reality, there's a seat at the big boy table for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It balances out to the Trumpettes. They're not exactly the brightest people, especially with how hostile they are to education.
We've seen how hostile they get when the kids are being taught to solve math problems by thinking it through. This is par for the course.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

I don't care what it costs to keep the first family safe and secure. That's one of OUR obligations to the presidency, even when it's billionaire Trumps in office.

This thread is to give a voice to the Conservatives who suddenly started believing that we should nickel & dime the First Family's security. Where are they now?

In fact, I'd bet money that the two of you were both trying find a way to get reimbursed for Obama's secret service detail. Where's your concern now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I am not someone who ever cared what it cost for Obama and his family to go wherever they went.

In fact, I find any concern about this issue regarding any president to be quite petty.

Anyone who is elected president gives up a great deal of freedom/privacy, etc.

I want my president rested, relaxed and able to move outside the bubble of the White House.

I don't care what it cost.

Its also not any individual presidents fault that Americans have a propensity for assassinating their president. Each president deserves the freedom to go wherever they want with the security necessary to keep them and their families safe.

If some wealthy person wants to step up and give the Trumps a retreat somewhere that is less costly than NYC or West Palm, that would be great. But, if they don't, I'm ok with paying for them to go to their homes for down time.
That's the SANE position. That's the position that the rest of the world has for their heads of state. It's the position that America had for many presidents. Except one. Suddenly there was a cry about the "cost" that no sane person would even think to negotiate over.

Since these people opened the discussion, we're just trying to figure out where they stand now...

And why their position suddenly changed...

Old 02-17-2017, 11:56 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,631,559 times
It amazes me how much we ponder on what it costs and how much time a president spends on vacation. Yes, most of us "normal" people only get a few weeks a year but our jobs are nowhere near as stressful of that of the President of the free world.

Let it go.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:05 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,747,825 times
Quote:

I was more annoyed with Obama out enjoying a round of golf while Americans were suffering with problems like the flooding in Louisiana. He didn't give a rip about Americans.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:29 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,241,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I was more annoyed with Obama out enjoying a round of golf while Americans were suffering with problems like the flooding in Louisiana. He didn't give a rip about Americans.
Like Trump holding a rally and another weekend in Florida with all the flooding in California right now? Like that? Or what about the folks in New Orleans displaced by all the tornadoes last week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies