Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Ca senator John Moorlach was on the radio and said Sacramento is in chaos right now. They are terrified what Trump will do to there Fed funds. Right now publically they are holding strong to their sanctuary city and possibly state stance but behind the scenes they're scrambling
Unbelievable they would sacrifice fed funds all for illegal aliens .

I've never seen CA politicians so passionate for Americans but they will cry and fight for illegals .

Trump is not happy with CA at all right now .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Unbelievable they would sacrifice fed funds all for illegal aliens .

I've never seen CA politicians so passionate for Americans but they will cry and fight for illegals .

Trump is not happy with CA at all right now .
CA has no choice now. It's defaulting without Trump, and it's defaulting with Trump.

What do I mean? It's ground zero of the coming pension crisis, which it has the largest bill of the states simply because it has the largest population. It can never pay it off. Never. It has to cut police and fire or cut current peoples benefits down, or both.

Then, you have its politics. The dems have to have immigration because that equals votes for them. But another factor in why there are so many illegals is that non-new Americans will not live on Poverty in CA when they can live in Texas et al with higher quality of life. However, poor latin Americans coming from destitute conditions will stay as it's an upgrade from where they came.

For instance, if one goes to Miami you see rich latinos. Benz, cigars, etc.

You go to LA and you see juan Valdez. No disrespect to Juan.

Now, many of you will be happy about all this. What should be concerning you is that CA has always been the trend setter. If that is the case here, America is headed for rough times and it does not matter who is President.

CA is in default either with or without Trump and with or without special federal money. Trump may not be able to pull the money because CA is so bad off you may have people laying in the street dying, which he said he would not allow.

Very bad sign for our country for CA to be this bad off.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:07 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerbaker View Post
CA has no choice now. It's defaulting without Trump, and it's defaulting with Trump.

What do I mean? It's ground zero of the coming pension crisis, which it has the largest bill of the states simply because it has the largest population. It can never pay it off. Never. It has to cut police and fire or cut current peoples benefits down, or both.
Or California could raise taxes or redirect its spending.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Or California could raise taxes or redirect its spending.
Illegals don't pay taxes.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:19 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The reality is that California puts more in then the benefits they get. Thats reality.

1 in 8 of us live in California.

So yeah, the link is very misleading as the OP points out. And even without a degree from Berkeley most of you should understand that. Heck, even someone as poorly informed as newbie should even be able to do that simple piece of investigation.
Are you trying to convince people who don't know any better that CA is in good financial shape

Old 02-07-2017, 02:26 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hmmm, looks like the numbers were fudged by the Tax Foundation when doing the calculations.

Political Road Map: There's a $368-billion reason why California depends on the federal government - LA Times

It does not take any special intelligence to know that the state with the highest GDP in the union is a donor state. Otherwise, how would the budget works?

Money is not your thing is it?

Old 02-07-2017, 02:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I am glad to say I am FROM California originally. Not the state it used to be.
all the good aspects of the state - weather, beaches, mountains, etc. has been overridden by the obnoxiousness of the moonbat population.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:42 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
All I know is some of the greatest invention and people of our current time came out of CA.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:00 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Illegals don't pay taxes.
They are saying illegals are the backbone of the economy in CA

Old 02-07-2017, 03:03 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
"What should be concerning you is that CA has always been the trend setter. If that is the case here, America is headed for rough times and it does not matter who is President."

I've been hearing this line for 3 generations. It was true up until 1996 (or 2000). Not any longer.

California has as much influence on me as the daily newspaper or an 8 track tape player (or music one pays for?). Like a Real Estate agent (who was once important), they aren't anymore, they're a drag and an annoyance. Their political leaders and beliefs are so 20th Century. We propped them up with several trillion dollars in Loan Mods several years ago & enough is enough. Once their Asian population starts leaving (& they will)....they'll be SOL.

I say remove all federal funding and let them eat sushi....or bean burritos or whatever. Screw 'em.

(note- i'm indifferent to sushi, but like bean burritos, & pork bulgogi & fish tacos & santa maria bbq...etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies