Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:26 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Freaking disgusting, and the mum made it clear that she didn't want this done prior to.

Mom furious after daycare worker breastfed her son | abc7chicago.com

Quote:
Kaycee Oxendine recorded video from the security footage inside Carrboro Early School on Friday that shows a woman adjusting her top and brought Oxendine's 3-month-old son to her chest to breastfeed him.

Oxendine works at the daycare as a pre-kindergarten teacher. On Friday, she said her son's teacher told her he was constipated. When another woman working in the nursery that day asked Oxendine if she could breastfeed the boy to see whether it would help, Oxendine told her no, twice.

"She said that she had a son and did I want her to put my child to her breast and breastfeed?" Oxendine recalled. "And I said no, that's nasty. We don't do things like that."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 09:36 PM

6,263 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Freaking disgusting, and the mum made it clear that she didn't want this done prior to.

Mom furious after daycare worker breastfed her son | abc7chicago.com
As a woman who breastfed both her children, I would have a severe problem with this. Story hit me on a very strong, maternal level.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I say lock her up.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:38 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
I bet the Russians are behind this.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:46 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
From a purely medical standpoint, there's no harm in what she did. If she were sick, it could maybe be a problem, but that's really the only scenario.

Obviously, what she did was wrong. The mother requested this not happen. That said, the mother is kind of an idiot. She said her child is lactose intolerance (referring to it at being "lactose"...) but as anyone who is a doctor or has access to Google would tell you, if this is in fact the case human breast milk would not cause any problems.

Again, the woman crossed a line. Calling this abuse seems like a stretch though.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I bet the Russians are behind this.
I bet it would be awesome if everything wasn't about Trumps handlers.

As for the topic at hand...thats...yeah. no. Why anyone would think this was a good idea after being told not to is beyond me.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Downright creepy if you ask me.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:41 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
People here have never heard of a wet-nurse? There's a long tradition of breastfeeding the children of others, in many cultures, as well as our own. Of course, this should never have been done in our current-day society, as it makes too much sense, as well as being non-PC. I'll bet the kid didn't object, who was hungry.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:55 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
From a purely medical standpoint, there's no harm in what she did. If she were sick, it could maybe be a problem, but that's really the only scenario.

Obviously, what she did was wrong. The mother requested this not happen. That said, the mother is kind of an idiot. She said her child is lactose intolerance (referring to it at being "lactose"...) but as anyone who is a doctor or has access to Google would tell you, if this is in fact the case human breast milk would not cause any problems.

Again, the woman crossed a line. Calling this abuse seems like a stretch though.
https://www.drgreene.com/qa-articles/lactosefree-milk/

From the link:

Babies with this intolerance can have discomfort even if they are exclusively breast fed. The difficulty arises when the mother eats or drinks cow’s milk protein. The protein passes into her breast milk and from there into the baby’s digestive system. Antibodies to this protein have been found in infants who are intolerant, providing evidence of the link between the mother’s diet and her baby’s digestive troubles.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:58 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
The mom told them not to do it and they did it anyway. I'd be furious too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies