Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 07:49 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times

Advertisements

He deserves it. “He reminds swing voters of the basic decency they miss in politics,” Schale said. “I believe a lot of the increase in his popularity of late has to do with a visceral reaction to the abrasive vitriol of Trump. They see Obama as measured and thoughtful, dare I say with the right kind of temperament to hold the rudder of a nation through the troubled global waters. His style creates an inherent contrast with Trump, and it is a contrast that benefits Clinton.”

So, Trump is going to have to break off a significant portion of people that approve of Obama to win the presidency. Well, considering Tumps disdain of Obama and disgusting birther bs I'd say there's a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

And a lot of people on here thought that Obama's approval rating would be just as low as Bushes 27% when he left office. Wrong again. But hey, it is almost exactly twice as much if that makes you feel better.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obamas-ap...134645996.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:55 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
cnn/ork poll,, laughable

Old 10-06-2016, 08:00 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
call bs on that poll.... or the question was worded carefully or the results were written before the poll was taken.

perfect example of how despotic regimes use media as propaganda machines.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
call bs on that poll.... or the question was worded carefully or the results were written before the poll was taken.

perfect example of how despotic regimes use media as propaganda machines.
Ahhh yes. A scientific poll by CNN and Gallup is bs but a Drudge online instant poll is the gold standard. I guess our school system really is pretty crappy.

Despotic regimes? Lol. We do have a separation of powers here you know. Unless you consider congressional Republicans part of our "despotism." Trump is providing a good introduction into the subject though.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends

Old 10-06-2016, 08:18 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Ahhh yes. A scientific poll by CNN and Gallup is bs but a Drudge online instant poll is the gold standard. I guess our school system really is pretty crappy.

Despotic regimes? Lol. We do have a separation of powers here you know. Unless you consider congressional Republicans part of our "despotism." Trump is providing a good introduction into the subject though.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends
How about this.......most of us don't trust CNN.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
In comparison Reagan had about a 50....... right after Iran-Contra and had about a 55 at this point.... after Iran-Contra... Did I say that it was after Iran-Contra?

Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How about this... you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Gallup has him at 53% too. You may not enjoy it but it doesn't change the truth. Of course if you have better evidence feel free to provide it. Otherwise you'll just have to accept reality or enjoy denial.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh wait, wait. You must be a Fox news guy (nothing but the gold standard for you). Yeah, so they only have him at 52% approval. Does that make you feel better?

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Old 10-06-2016, 08:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
He deserves it. “He reminds swing voters of the basic decency they miss in politics,” Schale said. “I believe a lot of the increase in his popularity of late has to do with a visceral reaction to the abrasive vitriol of Trump. They see Obama as measured and thoughtful, dare I say with the right kind of temperament to hold the rudder of a nation through the troubled global waters. His style creates an inherent contrast with Trump, and it is a contrast that benefits Clinton.”

So, Trump is going to have to break off a significant portion of people that approve of Obama to win the presidency. Well, considering Tumps disdain of Obama and disgusting birther bs I'd say there's a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

And a lot of people on here thought that Obama's approval rating would be just as low as Bushes 27% when he left office. Wrong again. But hey, it is almost exactly twice as much if that makes you feel better.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obamas-ap...134645996.html
This "poll" was based off of a whopping 1,501 contributors.

Conducted by phone...which area codes?

Marketing 101 teaches you to appeal to your largest audience.

Scamming The Public 101 teaches you to avoid nay-sayers that will screw with your "poll".

Old 10-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
This "poll" was based off of a whopping 1,501 contributors.

Conducted by phone...which area codes?

Marketing 101 teaches you to appeal to your largest audience.

Scamming The Public 101 teaches you to avoid nay-sayers that will screw with your "poll".
Yah, so the Fox poll I referenced in post number 8 has him at 52% if it makes you feel better. There is always denialism too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies