Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 01:46 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"attack" - do you really think it was an "attack" to drop her line due to poor sales? Nordstrom has every right to drop her line for these legitimate business reasons. And even if it was politically-motivated, they'd STILL have every right to do so.

Donald Trump, however, DOES NOT have every right to attack Nordstrom over it - nor does his administration have every right to offer "free commercials" for her stuff.
i suppose next you will tell us that the "supposed" decrease in sales causing retailers to drop her lines had absolutely nothing to do with liberals (and MSM outlets) actively promoting boycotts of her and every other Trump brand. that is what you will tell us next.

also that it is not o.k. for someone from the administration to respond to questions
(attack journalism) by reporters in defense of a family member when they think it is unfair - and stick it right back in the reporters face when they deserve it. saying it is a "commercial" for her stuff is ludicrous.

if liberals would just stop complaining - they might learn something and wouldn't need to keep being schooled.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:46 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Agreed. I think most sensible non-Trump supporters (and there are many) have not issue with Ivanka. I know I don't. This whole thing with her clothing line, Nordstrom, and her father is about abuse of power by HER FATHER. This really has nothing to do with her. She has also separated herself from the company so why does dad even care that the line is dropped--it's not about her. It's business. Would Papa Trump like a president commenting on his business affairs?
I agree, everyone, left and right should just leave relatives out of it. Ivanka does some great charity work for Breast Cancer and AIDS, there's no reason to hate on her.

"If you really want to make a statement against the president-elect, you definitely want to blacklist these companies during your Black Friday shopping.

This list includes companies that carry Trump products, as well as companies that otherwise support Trump and his family’s businesses:Make A Statement: 10 Trump-Loving Stores To Blacklist On Black Friday (GIFS/VIDEO)
Sorry, guys. Amazon carries both Donald and Ivanka Trump products."

I think people associate her Nordstrom loss to this.^ ^ The left lumps Ivanka into the "hate" parade.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:51 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
People are so afraid of the truth. Or, is there some part of even the most viciously opposed folks that realizes this hate is so senseless, so they hide in denial.

The boycott started back in Nov. and continues.

Pretending it isn't a political boycott is just a lie.

Do the research, there are many links....it is all based on haters. I consider it political bullying.

Anti-Trump GrabYourWallet boycott is gaining steam - CBS News
'Grab Your Wallet' Movement's L.L. Bean Boycott One Of Many Focused On Trump-Supporting Companies | Here & Now
https://grabyourwallet.org/

Old 02-10-2017, 01:53 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
If every woman is supposed to support every other woman, why wasn't Ivanka out campaigning for Hillary instead of enabling the orange buffoon?

Old 02-10-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
i suppose next you will tell us that the "supposed" decrease in sales causing retailers to drop her lines had absolutely nothing to do with liberals (and MSM outlets) actively promoting boycotts of her and every other Trump brand. that is what you will tell us next.

also that it is not o.k. for someone from the administration to respond to questions
(attack journalism) by reporters in defense of a family member when they think it is unfair - and stick it right back in the reporters face when they deserve it. saying it is a "commercial" for her stuff is ludicrous.

if liberals would just stop complaining - they might learn something and wouldn't need to keep being schooled.
That's the thing, they do hunt Ivanka to get to her dad. They've put her on all "attack Trump sites" by calling the stores her clothing line is in, in mass numbers, and tell them to get rid of it or they won't ever shop there again and they will publicly humiliate them on NO SHOP lists, etc. It's very actively about attacking her in the name of her father and their hate. No need to lie about that people, it's very public. I could post scores of it. Just ask.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If every woman is supposed to support every other woman, why wasn't Ivanka out campaigning for Hillary instead of enabling the orange buffoon?

Old 02-10-2017, 01:57 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, please. This from the side who continually referred to Hillary not as Senator Clinton or Secretary Clinton but as "Bill Clinton's wife" or Shillary or Cankles, routinely, right here on C-D? Are those the people you are trying to tell us stand up for women?

Yeah...no one is buying it.
Here's your clue:

People on the right don't stand up for females BECAUSE they're women. We stand up for people because of what they stand for and what they've done with their lives, not for what's between their legs.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:58 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Here's your clue:

People on the right don't stand up for females BECAUSE they're women. We stand up for people because of what they stand for and what they've done with their lives, not for what's between their legs.
and yet the premise of this entire thread is to blame liberal women for not supporting Ivanka Trump, based on the fact that she's a woman.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:00 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Whether right or wrong, I think it's the last name of Trump, not that she's a woman, for most. This is about the inappropriate intervention of family pushing her product through the highest office.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:00 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Interesting article from The Federalist -

"Women can be vicious. Just ask men. Better yet, ask other women. If they’re honest, they’ll tell you. Women can be harsh to their own kind, especially liberal women. That’s what makes feminist campaigns like the “Women’s March” a bit of a joke. It’s not about women sticking up for one another. It’s about liberal women advancing their own liberal agenda, and if you’re not on board, you’re attacked, viciously."

Claws Out For Ivanka Trump Show Liberal Love For Women Is A Sham

I've been fascinated by the left's vitriol for Ivanka Trump. Here she is, a strong successful woman that you would think feminists would celebrate, but because of her last name she is scorned and ridiculed.

I suspect Hillary is the closest women are going to come to a female president for a couple more generations.
I think you got just one thing wrong in your post, I think the fear of the left may very well revolve around Ivanka Trump becoming the first woman POTUS. They have growled that she was at Trump's side, maybe like an "understudy". Of course, anything "Trump" sets off their delicate systems in the first place.

As a woman, I do not identify with women who are liberal. I actually cringe every time I see one of them interviewed. I feel embarrassed by them and surely hope the world doesn't see them as representative of American women. They are angry, bitter shrews.

I am very impressed by Ivanka and sincerely believe the left are terrified of a Trump Presidential dynasty. When is the left not terrified by one thing or another anyway though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies