Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:28 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A man's character is superficial?

Just
Even disregarding any character issues, the idea that Trump would be competent to do the job of POTUS is a question that needed to be examined prior to his election. I have always felt that the aftermath of a bull's visit to a china shop would look pristine compared to this country after a Trump term.

Trump's "policies" may be appealing to some, and abhorrent to others, but we should all be concerned about the reckless manner in which he tries to achieve his goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 05:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
They hate him on the issues.

But, because they can't defend their desire to let terrorists into the country, let criminal illegal aliens roam free to commit crime after crime, let illegals take jobs away from Americans and depress American wages while overcrowding our schools and emergency rooms, continue globalization policies that send American jobs overseas, defend people who riot and assault police officers, etc., it's just easier for them to take Trump on as a personality.

Let's see, immigrants from the 7 countries on 'the list' have been responsible for zero deaths by acts of terror in the US while those from countries NOT on 'the list' have killed thousands in the US through acts of terror.

So just WHO is it that really desires letting terrorists into the country?

Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Flynn, Pence, Conway, DeVoss, and Trump are all LIARS. These people have no problem lying to the Public. Look at this mockery Conway made of the White House when she forgot where she was and did a commercial for Ivankas clothing line. What other President has hired such idiots? Seriously.
You sound very upset about a lot of nothing.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Let's see, immigrants from the 7 countries on 'the list' have been responsible for zero deaths by acts of terror in the US while those from countries NOT on 'the list' have killed thousands in the US through acts of terror.
Just this last Thanksgiving, a Somali refugee tried to run down a bunch of people at Ohio State and then stabbed a whole bunch of them.

So I guess you'll only be satisfied when people die.

As for the Muslim countries not on the list, they are not 1) failed states, 2) in a state of civil war, or 3) openly hostile to the U.S.

BTW, the seven countries chosen by Trump were considered especially dangerous by the Obama administration....that's where Trump got his list.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
They're acting like little children do when they're told they can't get the candy they wanted.....no different.

Comments like those ^^^^ show how shallow the thinking of Trumpees really is and how little they understand about the issues. When they have nothing else to contribute, they come up with one liners like this well thought out response.

First and foremost, I think most of us voted against Trump, and still continue to rally against him, because he simply is such a flawed candidate and a dishonest, corrupt human being. He is a turd that can not be polished or defended. He is anti everything this country stands for, and has put hatred and fear at the forefront of his agenda.

We would have accepted ANY OTHER candidate , Republican or Democrat, and you would not have seen this degree of backlash..........you've never seen it before, and probably will never see it again. There is a man sitting in the WH today who has such a total lack of common sense and awareness of how his actions affect us and the rest of the world, that he is going to create serious problems , if left unchecked. Add to that the fact that he is mentally unstable, and it is a recipe for disaster.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:08 AM

1,482 posts, read 1,379,197 times
Abortion/Planned Parenthood and the like are not on my radar. I support the ban. However, it should have been more though out so those here legally would not have been affected. Punish the employers who hire illegals. The low skill, good paying jobs w/ bennies are never coming back.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We would have accepted ANY OTHER candidate
Yeah, sure you would have.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:18 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Yeah, sure you would have.

How can you say that ? We would even accept Pence today, if it meant Trump was gone, long gone. Someone loses an election every 4 years, and we suck it up and move on. Not this time, ask yourself why. This "President" has no business being anywhere near the WH due to his character and lack of qualifications. THAT is the reason we want him out.

Hell, I would even take Gary Busey, instead of Donald Trump !

Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Of course we do.

I don't want the ACA repealed. I want it reworked into what it should have been in the first place. An affordable way for citizens to obtain healthcare insurance.

I don't want to ban Muslims from entering the country, but I'd like our vetting system overhauled to prevent errors.

I don't want money wasted on a wall. I want employers hit with heavy fines and/or jail time for hiring undocumented workers. That'll solve the problem.

I don't want Planned Parenthood defunded. The federal government does not pay for abortions and the other services provided for women's healthcare are crucial.

I don't want Roe v Wade overturned. It's dangerous to the female citizens of this country.

I do not want any changes to the rights afforded to homosexual citizens.

I do not want a deeply conservative SCOTUS.

I do want a focus on retraining people who live in areas where jobs are scarce. Factories aren't really coming back.

I want infrastructure repairs/improvements made where needed.

I want the tax code revamped and the AMT threshold adjusted.

Donald Trump is a childish bully. His character is poor. It's the first thing anyone notices about him.

Doesn't mean his detractors don't care about the country.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I've noticed something. People who hate Trump are all hung up on superficial things like his character -- They'll say he tweets too much, her uses locker room talk, he's racist, xenophobic, misogynist, he's an idiot, bla bla bla. Or they voted for Hillary simply because she has 2 X chromosomes. Did anyone actually vote for Hillary or against Trump because of ISSUES like immigration including whether to take all these Syrian refugees, trade issues, jobs, selection of a supreme court justice, etc?
A man's character is superficial?
Racism is superficial?
Being misogynistic is superficial?
Being xenophobic is superficial?

Frankly, thinking those things are superficial is rather shallow.

But yes, those of us who are anti-Trump are all about issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies