Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nkt seeing what her trying to set up a meeting months ago has to do with Trump treating her like she was his admin assistant.
That wasn't the charge - the charge has been "He thinks all black people know each other!"

He was right - this reporter DOES know at least two members of the CBC and in fact, talked with them about meeting with Hillary Clinton a few months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The fact that she offered to set up these meetings for Clinton is besides the point. The question is, did Trump know this when he asked her? If not, than the whole "he thinks all blacks know each other" criticism is legitimate.
Maybe you don't realize that reporters in that room are invited by the White House. Nobody is in there whose past isn't known.

Trump passed that woman a huge opportunity. Too bad for her that she didn't take it obviously for political reasons. There are plenty of other journalists both White & Black who would love to set up such a meeting.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
The fact that she offered to set up these meetings for Clinton is besides the point. The question is, did Trump know this when he asked her?

If not, than the whole "he thinks all blacks know each other" criticism is legitimate.
Do we know for sure that Trump knew?

I suppose not but...

If the last round of Wikileaks before the Election lists about 75 "journalists" who dined with either HRC or Podesta it is reasonable to assume that as the opposing candidate

1. Someone in my camp would tell me. After all, it was plastered all over the news in October.

2. I would remember the names of the "journalists" who supported HRC when I took questions down the road.

I mean...I can't really bend too far on this one. Trump knows who hates him. Dude goes on and on about it constantly.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:33 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
LOL..............as a commentator from another era used to say............."and now, for the REST of the story"

Old 02-17-2017, 06:50 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe you don't realize that reporters in that room are invited by the White House. Nobody is in there whose past isn't known.

Trump passed that woman a huge opportunity. Too bad for her that she didn't take it obviously for political reasons. There are plenty of other journalists both White & Black who would love to set up such a meeting.
Journalists shouldn't be in the business of setting up political meetings, so on and so forth.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:52 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Journalists shouldn't be in the business of setting up political meetings, so on and so forth.
Thank you for your opinion. The woman already agreed to do it for Clinton. There sure were no complaints then.

(I see why Obama and the Democrats absolutely loath Julian Assange. He continues to expose their endless hypocrisy.)

Old 02-17-2017, 07:03 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Thank you for your opinion. The woman already agreed to do it for Clinton. There sure were no complaints then.

(I see why Obama and the Democrats absolutely loath Julian Assange. He continues to expose their endless hypocrisy.)

I don't believe for a second that Trump knew she offered to do it for Clinton. If he did, then why didn't he say "like you did for Hillary"...

Either way, it's a non issue as far as I'm concerned. Just something else that is inconsequential but gives the chatter-verse something to fight about.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That wasn't the charge - the charge has been "He thinks all black people know each other!"

He was right - this reporter DOES know at least two members of the CBC and in fact, talked with them about meeting with Hillary Clinton a few months ago.

From the story

At one point, she even suggested a meeting with members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

“FYI I also just talked with Marcia Fudge and Sheila Jackson Lee,” she wrote on April 18, 2015, referring to representatives from Ohio and Texas, respectively. “Also, Lets make the black reporters meeting happen asap.”

She talked to the representatives, again being that she is a reporter no news flash there, then lets make the black reporters meeting happen, where did she suggest a meeting with members of the cbc, other than in the opinion of the writer.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:29 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times
How about Trump use his staff at the white house for more than collecting incorrect and ****ty "facts" he can tout and they get someone on the phone and make an appointment if they really give a damn?

Going through a reporter because she happens to be black or talks to other blacks in Washington is ****ing dumb and par for the course with this administration.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
From the story

At one point, she even suggested a meeting with members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

“FYI I also just talked with Marcia Fudge and Sheila Jackson Lee,” she wrote on April 18, 2015, referring to representatives from Ohio and Texas, respectively. “Also, Lets make the black reporters meeting happen asap.”

She talked to the representatives, again being that she is a reporter no news flash there, then lets make the black reporters meeting happen, where did she suggest a meeting with members of the cbc, other than in the opinion of the writer.
You're right. There is no direct connection.

I think she name dropped the two CBC members to gain traction with the Black "reporters" meeting with Hillary.

The problem is the emails show her as an active proponent of HRC and a dinner guest of Podesta. That has been known since October. She's one of the 75ish "journalists" on that email leak that was plastered everywhere.

It just seems clear to me that Trump was giving her grief because her name was on the list.

Omarosa already said in November that they keep an "enemies list" inside Trump's WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies