Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:15 PM

610 posts, read 533,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
I think I know why. I think it's because they already know deep down that there is no chance that Trump wins again in 2020.

Trumps' presidency so far has been a disaster. He has the lowest approval ratings of a president a month into their presidency in modern history. Numerous Trump supporters have already come out and said they regret voting for him and he seems to won over literally no one who didn't vote for him.

But the most damning part is, he doesn't even need to lose any voters to lose in 2020. Only about a quarter of the electorate, 25.5 percent of eligible voters voted for Trump, which is less than Hillary, but also far less than the huge number of voters who just stayed home.

Hillary was a terrible candidate, deeply unpopular and not trusted. It was basically a worst case scenario for Dems and Americans were so tired of feeling like they constantly had to pick between the lesser of two evils. They weren't excited by Hillary, they didn't like her and they stayed home.

But now after they see Trump and his national embarrassment of a presidency, a lot of Americans are reminded of why it's important to pick the lesser of two evils. Whoever the Dems nominate it 2020, it'll be a better candidate than Hillary, but even more important, Trump has destroyed apathy in this country. People have woken up and realized how important it is to vote even if they don't think either candidate is so great. The important thing is to keep a dangerous idiot like Trump out of the White House.

Hillary already got more votes than Trump in 2016 and yet Trump won the white house in the slimmest of margins in a few critical states to win the electoral college. A deeply unpopular Trump only needs to push the slimmest margin of people who didn't vote in 2016 to vote in 2020 to ensure his own defeat.

Trump supporters thought his election was the beginning of a revolution. Instead it was the last miserable gasp of air for an old, uneducated, hateful and bigoted segment of the population that will soon never again matter in Presidential politics.
A little "projection" there, huh, OP?

Old 02-21-2017, 03:40 AM

451 posts, read 236,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
I think I know why. I think it's because they already know deep down that there is no chance that Trump wins again in 2020.

Trumps' presidency so far has been a disaster. He has the lowest approval ratings of a president a month into their presidency in modern history. Numerous Trump supporters have already come out and said they regret voting for him and he seems to won over literally no one who didn't vote for him.

But the most damning part is, he doesn't even need to lose any voters to lose in 2020. Only about a quarter of the electorate, 25.5 percent of eligible voters voted for Trump, which is less than Hillary, but also far less than the huge number of voters who just stayed home.

Hillary was a terrible candidate, deeply unpopular and not trusted. It was basically a worst case scenario for Dems and Americans were so tired of feeling like they constantly had to pick between the lesser of two evils. They weren't excited by Hillary, they didn't like her and they stayed home.

But now after they see Trump and his national embarrassment of a presidency, a lot of Americans are reminded of why it's important to pick the lesser of two evils. Whoever the Dems nominate it 2020, it'll be a better candidate than Hillary, but even more important, Trump has destroyed apathy in this country. People have woken up and realized how important it is to vote even if they don't think either candidate is so great. The important thing is to keep a dangerous idiot like Trump out of the White House.

Hillary already got more votes than Trump in 2016 and yet Trump won the white house in the slimmest of margins in a few critical states to win the electoral college. A deeply unpopular Trump only needs to push the slimmest margin of people who didn't vote in 2016 to vote in 2020 to ensure his own defeat.

Trump supporters thought his election was the beginning of a revolution. Instead it was the last miserable gasp of air for an old, uneducated, hateful and bigoted segment of the population that will soon never again matter in Presidential politics.

Ok OP. If what you say is true, then how do explain that the Republicans won the Senate, the House, AND over 1,000 seats across the 50 states pertaining to Governors, MAyors, State Senate seats that flipped from Democrat/Independent to Republican.

So every one of those 1,000 + races where a Republican won was due to "a last miserable gasp of air by old, uneducated, hateful, and bigoted voters." Really???

Might want to rethink that one.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Still waiting to hear which American cities were destroyed since Jan. 20, 2017....

Old 02-21-2017, 06:09 AM

98 posts, read 137,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The progressives are the angry ones, living for protesting, ignoring rapes in Sweden, ignoring the lies of Islam and supporting the Women's March co-sponsored by a sharia law supporter, ISIS sympathizer!
Are you trying to ridicule Trump supporters?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Trump won and yet his supports still seem sooo angry. Why?

Short answer:

They're just not a happy bunch in general.

Their "leaders" (tRump, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc) all force feed them the same message:

America sucks and it's all your neighbors' fault. Hate them!"

And they do as they're told.

"Follow the leader!"

Old 02-21-2017, 10:36 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Trump voters and Trump reminds me of a relationship I had with a pair of Dingo Boots when I was 19. They were so cool looking I bought them even though they weren't a perfect fit. They were the last pair in the store and I said they'll just have to be broken in a little and then they'll be fine. They never did break in and I wore them anyway and my feet hurt all the time. As long as the girls said they looked cool I tried to hide my limp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies