Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 11:13 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They still are! They're also obsessed over Melania not being American born, while encouraging illegal immigration and claiming America needs refugees.
While the leftist elite snobs whine about Melania accent they stick like glue to the Huffington post, which was started by Arianna Huffington who is Greek and speak like she has a mouth full of marbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 11:20 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I have only seen this stuff from the left......from what I heard she had a work visa and like many others here she married an American. Why don't you worry about the refugees coming in as MS13 and going to no go zones. Why do we have no go zones in America? Pot smokers don't even have this advantage.
Why? Because the left lost the election and can't seem to get over it. The left wants open borders allowing anyone into the country (drugs dealers, gang members)...I say let them and the refugees in and send them to all the sanctuary cities in California while cutting off all federal aid. Then see the left whine claiming Trump is pushing grandma off a new cliff.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:24 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Nah, President Trump said he never wanted to be President but was forced into running because nobody was doing the right thing.

hmm hmm keep believing- all he says --

The story behind President Trump's 3,643 websites

The way Trump bought domains also shows how he methodically planned his political rise. In 2012, the Trump Organization acquired VoteAgainstTrump.com, TrumpMustGo.com, and NoMoreTrump.com.
A few years later, Trump grabbed MakeAmericaGreatAgain.vote and MakeAmericaGreatAgain.us. Those purchases came two months before he announced his second presidential run in June 2015.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:11 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Let's talk about Melania. First of all, even though I despise her husband, I have defended Melania and actually like her. She never wanted this "presidency" thing to happen to her, it was thrust upon her. Just as it was thrust upon Michele Obama, and every other First Lady. I think all of them should be off limits when it comes to criticism and ugly remarks.

Now, since you have raised the question about Melania's stage presence, what ever that means, I think she comes off as simply a pretty lady who is rather stiff and who is like a fish out of water up there. Whereas Michele Obama gave inspiring, fiery speeches, Melania simply recites a script put in front of her with no emotion , and certainly not inspiring.

But, we realize Trump supporters are grasping at anything these days to shore up their love of a failing President, so we will be kind to you and say that Melania is pretty, and does get up on the stage. Beyond that, not much going on.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:05 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Melanie Trump is an immigrant like my family is and an example of how legal immigration works and how all people should enter the country or face what is known as "deportation " and no rights!
Key word being "legal". How do you jump from Trump deporting illegal immigrants to deporting legal immigrants?

This really isn't an indictment of him but of you.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:10 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's talk about Melania. First of all, even though I despise her husband, I have defended Melania and actually like her. She never wanted this "presidency" thing to happen to her, it was thrust upon her. Just as it was thrust upon Michele Obama, and every other First Lady. I think all of them should be off limits when it comes to criticism and ugly remarks.

Now, since you have raised the question about Melania's stage presence, what ever that means, I think she comes off as simply a pretty lady who is rather stiff and who is like a fish out of water up there. Whereas Michele Obama gave inspiring, fiery speeches, Melania simply recites a script put in front of her with no emotion , and certainly not inspiring.

But, we realize Trump supporters are grasping at anything these days to shore up their love of a failing President, so we will be kind to you and say that Melania is pretty, and does get up on the stage. Beyond that, not much going on.
I have to agree. Melania, like every first lady, is along for the ride when it comes to being married to a president. Some of them take a more active role and some of them are more passive. I am sympathetic to her as she does not appear to enjoy the limelight of the first ladies of the past, but she may become more comfortable as time passes. However, I am not going to ascribe negative qualities to her just because she is married to a jerk, just as I did not ascribe negative qualities to Hilary for being married to Bill when he did awful things to her or Huma Abedin when she was married to Anthony Weiner, etc. . . Each spouse is responsible for their own behavior.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:27 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I think this assessment of Ms. Trump is pretty fair. I certainly watched her speak at the RNC, and I thought that she did a credible job, especially for a person not accustomed to public speaking. But I would not call it commanding a room. I also came on here on CD and defended her when the plagiarism charges broke, for I did not believe, and still don't, that she wrote her own speech, but trusted whomever did, and read it in good conscious and innocence.

I also do not consider Ms. Clinton to have been possessed of much 'stage presence'. I would listen to her speak, but I only thought of her as a 'fair' speaker.

Now, Ms. Trump may, with practice, become a very effective speaker. Some will recall that Elanor Roosevelt was a very timid speaker at first (or, so I have always been told my parents and others), but she strove and worked at speaking and became, by all accounts, a commanding speaker in her own right.

I will add, from my experience, that when Bill Clinton had his 'coming out' speech at a DNC, he bored the crowd (and me watching on television) to tears. Yet, with practice, he became a pretty good speaker (I disregard his appearance at the latest DNC; he did ok, but age will tell).

Nevertheless, each person has their own opinion. If the OP believes in his heart that the First Lady is a wonderful, commanding speaker, then more power to him. Perhaps someday her collected speeches will be issued in a collection for him to enjoy. As it stands right now, it would be a pretty short publication. Take out those parts that aren't original (from the RNC speech and the Lord's Prayer), and it becomes shorter still.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
That is one reason the left does not like her.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Melania is a gold digging high fashion model who now finds herself trapped in a gilded cage. This is not the life she envisioned.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:23 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Melania is a gold digging high fashion model who now finds herself trapped in a gilded cage. This is not the life she envisioned.

I think there is some truth to your statement, as well. Let's call a spade a spade.....whenever a young, attractive woman marries an older, rich guy, there are some eyebrows raised. I have always said, that if Donald Trump or Hugh Hefner were bag boys at the local grocery store, they would not have all these hot young women falling all over them. Some women sell out for the money.

I think Melania may have done some of that, and she has probably paid a price because of it. Donald Trump is not the most compassionate or considerate human being on the earth......in fact, pretty cold. We all see how indifferently he treats Melania, much like he would treat a famous artist's painting. But , up until the election, she was not thrust into the limelight like she is now.

I still like her, and part of me feels very sad and sorry for her. I feel that she stays with Trump because he has her locked in with a pre nup and she is trying to hang in there for the boy. She certainly does not have the appearance of a woman who is in love with her mate, and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies