Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 12:16 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
As I said in my OP- I don't know what it is about her, but she has more power over the audience than any other woman in America.

I hardly ever hear anyone mention Gandhi, almost never hear anyone mention Caesar, and very rarely Alexander the Great.
I hear people talk about Donald Trump WAY more than any other figure in history.
Hitler I think is called "infamous", not famous.
2000 years from now? The most famous people of world history in 2017 are different to the most famous people in world history in 4017. A lot changes in 2000 years.

President Trump is most unique man, ever, and easily the most unique world leader ever.
Jesus Christ is the only contender, however by the time the internet came along Jesus Christ was past his prime, so I think Trump has beaten Jesus.
Its all up for debate though, so don't feel ashamed if you disagree with me.

I hear people talk about the man Ponzi Schemes are named after way more, Trump hasn't even made the top of the cob-man pyramid yet but it'd hardly be surprising if he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
As I said in my OP- I don't know what it is about her, but she has more power over the audience than any other woman in America.

I hardly ever hear anyone mention Gandhi, almost never hear anyone mention Caesar, and very rarely Alexander the Great.
I hear people talk about Donald Trump WAY more than any other figure in history.
2000 years from now? The most famous people of world history in 2017 are different to the most famous people in world history in 4017. A lot changes in 2000 years.

President Trump is most unique man, ever, and easily the most unique world leader ever.
Jesus Christ is the only contender, however by the time the internet came along Jesus Christ was past his prime, so I think Trump has beaten Jesus.
That's a new word used to describe Trump. However, in the case of Trump there are many more apropo adjectives one could easily use to describe the not so unique con man.

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Large auditorium. Stage on either side. Melania Trump steps out on one stage. Angelina Jolie steps out on the other.

Where are the photographers going to crowd around?

Replace Angelina with Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, or any number of the Victoria Secret angels.

4,135 posts, read 2,839,429 times
Quote:

Oh lord, it just keeps getting better, haha!

Old 02-20-2017, 12:18 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
The first lady is a formality and talking about it as if it has some higher significants is merely to distract from other issues.
I agree every other 1st Lady put me to sleep.
Melania is the only 1st Lady that glues me to the screen.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
I don't know what it is about her, but she has more power over the audience than any other woman in America.
Its not just because she's married to the most famous man in world history.
She has even more power in her speeches than Ivanka, and Ivanka is a future President.

Well, if by "presence" you mean someone who can stand there impassively while thousands look at her, you may be right. After all, Melania was a model, which is widely considered one of the best jobs available for brainless/uneducated women.

However, anyone who can make such a stupid statement as Trump being "the most famous man in world history" doesn't really deserve a serious reply. Are you still in elementary school to imagine that an ignorant braggart whose main expertise is capturing media attention in the last two years is the most famous man in history?

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
I agree every other 1st Lady put me to sleep.
Melania is the only 1st Lady that glues me to the screen.
You should spend more time reading and paying attention to the political controversies surrounding Trump than watching Melania. Her value is similar to that of an average celebrity. That's to say she isn't important, big picture. Again, and funnily enough you deleted that from my quote (an idiot would ask why... I'm not an idiot; you're just apolitical and I assure you, the next best insult I could give is calling you a post modernist), talking up the first lady is a distraction from the real issues at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Large auditorium. Stage on either side. Melania Trump steps out on one stage. Angelina Jolie steps out on the other.

Where are the photographers going to crowd around?

Replace Angelina with Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, or any number of the Victoria Secret angels.
Jolie's face is like some kind of alien freak.
Julia Roberts is way past her prime, and she was annoying to begin with anyway.
Winslet has nothing unique about her but is a better actor than Roberts/Jolie at least (but Natalie Portman is by far the best actor).
Victoria Secret angels? All they do is wear stupid underwear.
Melania Trump has a natural charisma, and her delivery of Our Father was my favorite non-Don moment of politics, ever.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You should spend more time reading and paying attention to the political controversies surrounding Trump than watching Melania. Her value is similar to that of an average celebrity. That's to say she isn't important, big picture. Again, and funnily enough you deleted that from my quote (an idiot would ask why... I'm not an idiot; you're just apolitical and I assure you, the next best insult I could give is calling you a post modernist), talking up the first lady is a distraction from the real issues at hand.
Political controversies as in fake scandals concocted by the media.....
See, political controversies are nothing to do with the real issues.
The media skips the real issues in order to create controversies via fake Russian scandals.
Little do they know, they are handing the 2020 election to President Trump, as his fan base is growing stronger with each fake scandal.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, if by "presence" you mean someone who can stand there impassively while thousands look at her, you may be right. After all, Melania was a model, which is widely considered one of the best jobs available for brainless/uneducated women.

However, anyone who can make such a stupid statement as Trump being "the most famous man in world history" doesn't really deserve a serious reply. Are you still in elementary school to imagine that an ignorant braggart whose main expertise is capturing media attention in the last two years is the most famous man in history?
I don't think you realize how many people are talking about President Trump every day.
There has never been a person with this much attention on him, ever.
And we're in the early stages of his 8 years in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies