Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

We all, democrats, republicans and everyone in between, created the bull that is Donald Trump by allowing the china shop that is our establishment government to be built in the first place. You can scream and yell at the bull for doing what he was sent in to the china shop to do, or you can start trying to figure out what we're going to build on top of all the broken pieces. The debate about that is far from over. But maybe that's what's got the left so angry right now. They thought the debate WAS over, and they had won it. The bull is showing them otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Keep crying.
And keep calling names.
It's really helping your cause.
Are you implying being nice to you guys will make you hate Trump? Interesting logic. You guys worship the man and nothing he does will dissuade your views. So why play nice?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:20 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
We all, democrats, republicans and everyone in between, created the bull that is Donald Trump by allowing the china shop that is our establishment government to be built in the first place. You can scream and yell at the bull for doing what he was sent in to the china shop to do, or you can start trying to figure out what we're going to build on top of all the broken pieces. The debate about that is far from over. But maybe that's what's got the left so angry right now. They thought the debate WAS over, and they had won it. The bull is showing them otherwise.
Uncle Bully '20!!!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:20 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This^ I wouldn't have cared had say Romney or Kasich won. I disagree with their views and policies, but I wouldn't view them as a threat to the nation.

The issue is who won. The man is absolutely insane and mentally unstable. Absolutely clueless about what he's doing, he's the most corrupt person to ever sit in the office, and he's a serious threat to both this country and the world at large.

That's our issue. Not that it's not a Democrat, but that it's someone who is an absolute disgrace to the office.
We can talk until we're blue in the face but Mr. Trump's fan club will never understand what you so thoroughly explained here. But you get an A+ for effort.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:27 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
This^ I wouldn't have cared had say Romney or Kasich won. I disagree with their views and policies, but I wouldn't view them as a threat to the nation.

The issue is who won. The man is absolutely insane and mentally unstable. Absolutely clueless about what he's doing, he's the most corrupt person to ever sit in the office, and he's a serious threat to both this country and the world at large.

That's our issue. Not that it's not a Democrat, but that it's someone who is an absolute disgrace to the office.
I can certainly understand your point. He has an abrasive personality to many. Yet, call me crazy, he's not doing anything as president he hasn't promised he would do. I don't see any of his executive orders as something as insane or unstable. Nothing in his business dealings before he became president would make him insane. He's proven to be a very good father and even Hillary commented on what great kids he has. He's not one to deploy troops around the world for little cause or start a war. In fact, it's just the opposite.
How is he a threat to both this country and the world, by enforcing current laws and making our borders stronger?
If you can put aside your personal hatred for just a moment, I really want to know what makes him a threat. Your claims of him being unstable and insane have no merit when you look at his history. Again, you don't like him as a person, but that doesn't make him insane.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:35 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:

False. The left engages in the same politics of personal destruction regardless of who the Republican opponent is.

You may have forgotten how the left treated Mitt Romney, a good and decent man. If you listened to the maniacal freaks on the left (the same people throwing tantrums about Trump), Romney may or may not have personally murdered cancer patients. You'd think Romney was a raging homophobe and a dog-killer. And let's not forget how Romney was a misogynist because he had "binders full of women."

No, any Republican would have gotten the same nauseating treatment from the smear artists on the left. The only Republicans the left likes are losers who stab actual conservatives in the back.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I can certainly understand your point. He has an abrasive personality to many. Yet, call me crazy, he's not doing anything as president he hasn't promised he would do. I don't see any of his executive orders as something as insane or unstable. Nothing in his business dealings before he became president would make him insane. He's proven to be a very good father and even Hillary commented on what great kids he has. He's not one to deploy troops around the world for little cause or start a war. In fact, it's just the opposite.
How is he a threat to both this country and the world, by enforcing current laws and making our borders stronger?
If you can put aside your personal hatred for just a moment, I really want to know what makes him a threat. Your claims of him being unstable and insane have no merit when you look at his history. Again, you don't like him as a person, but that doesn't make him insane.
Great post. I agree with your assessment of Trump. I'm not a fan of the guy, but I do have some faith in his ability to make good on campaign promises. So what that he's abrasive and speaks off the cuff? It's not pretty, but for millions of Americans, actions still speak much louder than words.

If you are a more delicate and sensitive person I can understand why his behavior is irritating and upsetting. But at the end of the day, your right to not be irritated or upset does not supercede the right of Americans to an expectation of enforcement of our laws. I see Trump moving to enforce law and I like it.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:45 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
False. The left engages in the same politics of personal destruction regardless of who the Republican opponent is.

You may have forgotten how the left treated Mitt Romney, a good and decent man. If you listened to the maniacal freaks on the left (the same people throwing tantrums about Trump), Romney may or may not have personally murdered cancer patients. You'd think Romney was a raging homophobe and a dog-killer. And let's not forget how Romney was a misogynist because he had "binders full of women."

No, any Republican would have gotten the same nauseating treatment from the smear artists on the left. The only Republicans the left likes are losers who stab actual conservatives in the back.
Last paragraph is funny, because I'm willing to bet that the only Democrats the right likes are DINO's

Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Honestly I think the liberals and Democrats have not accepted it.

IMO the conservative/Republicans just don't like how the libs/Dems have accepted the loses of the elections and "moved on" to being combative. Them protesting and watching Trump and friends is not them being unaccepting of the results, it is them moving into action to keep their issues/gripes in the forefront. Something the right also did after their own losses in 2008.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:49 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't think many people are anymore.

They are organizing.

Then they are united in their grief and their organizing represents the next stage, however dysfunctional they are united in their loss; angry, frightened and scared. As Trump succeeds they will be the first to bail on their attachment to their "cause" and they will heal. Princess Dirty was their Queen and her loss was like a death. Give em time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies