Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I also wanted to add that the majority of the victims were not "kidnapped and raped."

They endured a grooming process and were provided gifts by perps in exchange for performing sexual acts. Of all the cases detailed in the report, few had incidences of kidnapping. Most had young girls/women saying that the peps were their "boyfriends" or those perps cared about them in some way.

This is how child abusers groom their victims - by making them think they love them and by giving them attention and material things they don't get at home.

It is sad.
There's no such thing as "consensual" when it comes to minors. It's RAPE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The moral of the story here is we should encourage men to become gay. This solves a lot of problems. Don't know why you right wingers have such a hard-on about apposing gay rights when we are the solution to all your problems.
I thought Milo was a right winger, but that is a digression from the topic?

You're probably trying to slip that in to subtlely suggest the freedom to be actively gay, fly rainbow flags, legally and openly operate gay clubs, and gay bondage clubs in the USA is all equivalent to the oppression of active homosexuals in Saudi Arabia.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I thought Milo was a right winger, but that is a digression from the topic?

You're probably trying to slip that in to subtlely suggest the freedom to be actively gay, fly rainbow flags, legally and openly operate gay clubs, and gay bondage clubs in the USA is all equivalent to the oppression of active homosexuals in Saudi Arabia.
Not at all. I am proposing a viable solution here. As a gay person, I have never been tempted to go after little girls. Not even a little. You should try it sometimes before you go all gungho about how terrible the rainbow flag is.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:

But regardless, trying to blame a certain ethnic group for all of a community's issues with sexual trafficking of minors is ridiculous. And there are always "unknown" perpetuators who take advantage of children.
Maybe, but then it would be unfair to blame the ethnicities of the English and French for the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade and all the sexual trafficking of black women, black children, and even homosexually raped black men by slave owners then. Rather than equally blaming the ethnic white Polish and Russian people for it.

Maybe when Thomas Jefferson was having sex with the underaged, mixed-race Sally Hemming, half-cousin to his wife, and then producing children with her and enslaving those children as domestic servants in the house on his plantation, he was really the Russian Putin?

Or it may be that at timess, some ethnic groups, or even religions, are disproportionately more involved in some things than others. I blame Western Christians more for the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade than I do Eastern Christians or Asian Buddhists.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:25 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
There's no such thing as "consensual" when it comes to minors. It's RAPE.
I didn't mention anything was consensual. I said they weren't "kidnapped and raped."

They were groomed and raped and sexually exploited. The title of the thread acts like these kids all disappeared into sex trafficking/prostitution rings. They didn't.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Maybe, but then it would be unfair to blame the ethnicities of the English and French for the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade and all the sexual trafficking of black women, black children, and even homosexually raped black men by slave owners then. Rather than equally blaming the ethnic white Polish and Russian people for it.

Maybe when Thomas Jefferson was having sex with the underaged, mixed-race Sally Hemming, half-cousin to his wife, and then producing children with her and enslaving those children as domestic servants in the house on his plantation, he was really the Russian Putin?

Or it may be that at timess, some ethnic groups, or even religions, are disproportionately more involved in some things than others. I blame Western Christians more for the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade than I do Eastern Christians or Asian Buddhists.
LOL, again, with the slavery stuff around here.

What does this thread have to do with the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade.... Or "black women and children" in America .... or Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings.....

That stuff happened hundreds of years ago. We should be concerned about these kids right now and helping them. Not focused on the ethnic orgins or religions of the perps.

And sexual abuse is worldwide and has nothing to do with specific slavery epochs. "Asians" and Muslims were just as involved in the Arab slave trade that occurred during the same time period as the Trans Atlantic. Contrary to what you may believe, as I frequently state around here, "race" is a human construct. We are all humans and all are capable of committing atrocious acts no matter what county one is from, their physical appearance, or their religion or any other cultural factor. All people can and do commit horrible crimes against humanity.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
The moral of the story here is we should encourage men to become gay. This solves a lot of problems. Don't know why you right wingers have such a hard-on about apposing gay rights when we are the solution to all your problems.
Just using this to pick up on what I mentioned above, FWIW in the report I linked, there were 80 documented cases where boys were raped, primarily by a small group of sexual perpetrators.

As stated, all people have the capacity to commit atrocious acts. I'd add no matter their sexuality or gender identity either.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:36 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,624 times
Quote:
I didn't mention anything was consensual. I said they weren't "kidnapped and raped."

They were groomed and raped and sexually exploited. The title of the thread acts like these kids all disappeared into sex trafficking/prostitution rings. They didn't.
This quote of yours sure sounds like you were down playing the rapes, as a consensual relationship.

Quote:
Most had young girls/women saying that the peps were their "boyfriends" or those perps cared about them in some way.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Not at all. I am proposing a viable solution here. As a gay person, I have never been tempted to go after little girls. Not even a little. You should try it sometimes before you go all gungho about how terrible the rainbow flag is.
Is this like the roots to the word sodomy and the dilemma of whether to turn over your daughthers or angelic male guests to a mob of unsatisfied homosexual men beating on your door?

That was all before the invention of the pump action shotgun.

The Catholic Church brought in and fully assimilated into its priestly ranks gay men that liked teenage boys as young as age 13. That still did not negate a sexual scandal nor did it sedate homosexual rage against the Church. One of it's most prolific sex abuse priests was a liberal with long hair, who owned and operated a gay resort, and was a ministering priest for the pro-homosexual Catholic organization Dignity USA.

So, being gay does not alone avoid all chance of scandal involving perceptions of sexual misconduct.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
This quote of yours sure sounds like you were down playing the rapes, as a consensual relationship.
I wrote specifically about the report and repeated what the report said....

I also specifically said that the perps "groomed" their victims. If you were educated about sexual abuse of children, you would know that "grooming" is a part of the abuse and leads to eventual rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies