Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:34 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times

Advertisements

Notice how the first wave of roaring attacks and accusations are already receding. The left and media was strong out of the gate, but they couldn't keep up their obvious biased barrage. Trump supporters continue to strongly support the President, the economy continues its steady growth, confidence in news media continues to spiral (no thanks to WSJ attacking the #1 YouTuber) and even non-supporters have been agreeing with his policies.

The Democrats are in a frenzy, even declaring "total war" on Trump ( Democrats reportedly plan total war on Trump | Fox News ) with baseless allegations. They're really fearing their inevitable demise and throwing up multiple blind hail mary's hoping one will stick. Truth is, they know the longer Trump is in office, the more he gets the hang of it, and the less likely he is to make a rookie mistake.

It's a sinking ship for the dems. For the final nail in their coffin, look for them to lose even more seats in 2018. All they have to do to turn things around is listen to their base and realize the average democrat is center-left, not progressive; but their greed is their undoing, and it's a beauty for people like me to watch .

Old 02-25-2017, 04:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Notice how the first wave of roaring attacks and accusations are already receding. The left and media was strong out of the gate, but they couldn't keep up their obvious biased barrage. Trump supporters continue to strongly support the President, the economy continues its steady growth, confidence in news media continues to spiral (no thanks to WSJ attacking the #1 YouTuber) and even non-supporters have been agreeing with his policies.

The Democrats are in a frenzy, even declaring "total war" on Trump ( Democrats reportedly plan total war on Trump | Fox News ) with baseless allegations. They're really fearing their inevitable demise and throwing up multiple blind hail mary's hoping one will stick. Truth is, they know the longer Trump is in office, the more he gets the hang of it, and the less likely he is to make a rookie mistake.

It's a sinking ship for the dems. For the final nail in their coffin, look for them to lose even more seats in 2018. All they have to do to turn things around is listen to their base and realize the average democrat is center-left, not progressive; but their greed is their undoing, and it's a beauty for people like me to watch .
Newt Gingrich said "This is a real war," referring to the media and the Leftists who run it. He was also vocal about the media as Speaker of the House.

Newt said, in regards to the Press Corps, "If I were in his (Trump's) shoes, I would kick some of the organizations out." I agree. They are not there to gather information and report. They are there to gather information and distort. They are not reporters or journalists; they are propagandists.

For too long, the Press has believed it is their job to "shape public opinion." It is not. It is time to bring this to an end.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:08 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Trump supporters can keep telling themselves that but is does not make it so. Facts and the truth obviously mean little to them as ignorance is their bliss.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:11 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump supporters can keep telling themselves that but is does not make it so. Facts and the truth obviously mean little to them as ignorance is their bliss.
Trump wants the media to reveal sources for its reports, funny we don't hear Trump volunteering to attribute the stories he tells to a source. And no, 'its classified' is no excuse.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump wants the media to reveal sources for its reports, funny we don't hear Trump volunteering to attribute the stories he tells to a source. And no, 'its classified' is no excuse.
We should all demand that Mr. Trump gives the sources of the 'alternate facts' he uses in his tweets and when he opens his mouth and lies fall out.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:50 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Trump supporters still don't want to discuss the fact that Trump is a pathological liar. And it is a fact. No matter what his supposed redeeming qualities, they cannot deny that the man lies constantly. How can we trust a President who cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything?

Old 02-25-2017, 07:58 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump supporters still don't want to discuss the fact that Trump is a pathological liar. And it is a fact. No matter what his supposed redeeming qualities, they cannot deny that the man lies constantly. How can we trust a President who cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything?
We put up with the Liar In Chief Obama for 8 years. Trump has a long ways to go before he out does the last President whom I assume you supported.

Democrats have no room to condemn lies.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:00 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,109 times
Yes, some on the surface looks good so far. But, I do have concerns - and they are rooted in exactly some of what you OP pointed out .. starting with the 'growth of the economy'.

I am not a fanatic when it comes to believing in instant miracles. Right now I am quite concerned that we don't overblow 'progress' toward our final aim which is bringing back prosperity and freedom to America. This isn't the 'economics' forum but I am very worried about the stock market (which I don't really think has been reflective of much of anything at the ground/root level for a long time now). A small blip upwards after Trump's election was a nice thing - if for no other reason than to counteract the doomsayers who said the world would crash as a result of his win - but what is happening now with it running up so high and so fast is rather scary (and people are beginning to note that).

I don't believe we have yet really done anything to support that rise - I think it is being done deliberately so that it must crash, far and hard. I hope I am very wrong but it does worry me a lot - and that is not the only thing that worries me but that one will be obvious to all if it does happen. I don't have money there but a lot of Americans (by way of mutual funds and 401ks) do. And even if I don't personally, if it crashes we will all be very much negatively affected. (I don't think it is Trump's people who are doing this - in fact, I believe they are trying to prevent it or I hope so - but they don't have all the power they need right now and the traitors are stacked really deep out there.)

So, while I am happy that Mr. Trump is in office, and I hope we are headed in the right direction and I know I cannot believe much out of the media and there is much going on that may be good in the background that none of us can confirm, I will not gloat and I will not count my chickens just yet. Forces that we cannot understand are at work and we are best to not ignore them and their power. While the rioters and protesters have our attention (sent out to distract primarily I think, pawns that they are), those with real power are working in the background. They are far from defeated yet. Use caution when you speak of how well we are doing - it has been mere weeks since President Trump took office. The war is far from over.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The problem we have today is the game that's being played by the so-called "media." They create fake stories and cover their asses by claiming "unnamed sources." This allows them to make stuff up at will. Just like the fake "Russian connection" stories. There are no sources. There are no sources for half of the garbage and lies they print. If you don't name a source, you can't be checked. And gullible people who don't like Trump anyway just take it for fact.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:17 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The problem we have today is the game that's being played by the so-called "media." They create fake stories and cover their asses by claiming "unnamed sources." This allows them to make stuff up at will. Just like the fake "Russian connection" stories. There are no sources. There are no sources for half of the garbage and lies they print. If you don't name a source, you can't be checked. And gullible people who don't like Trump anyway just take it for fact.
Did you miss the part where they admitted the Russia thing was true and one of the administration members resigned in disgrace after less than a month on the job?

That sort of "fake stories"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies