Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 06:03 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Unless you're a rabid liberal, this actually gains Trump support among most Americans who thought Obama's bathroom order was absurd and out of line. Catering to a tiny, tiny minority of people at the expensive of everyone else is not popular regardless of what the looney lefties want you to believe.
So because they are a "tiny minority", they shouldn't get rights or protections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 06:25 AM

88,970 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Unless you're a rabid liberal, this actually gains Trump support among most Americans who thought Obama's bathroom order was absurd and out of line. Catering to a tiny, tiny minority of people at the expensive of everyone else is not popular regardless of what the looney lefties want you to believe.
Exactly.

77%
of those age 30+ oppose bathroom/locker/shower room choice regardless of actual anatomical sex (CBS Poll). Even NYC liberal parents objected when their daughters had to change/shower with a bearded man presenting as a male, swim trunks and all, as I've already posted (TIME Magazine).

This is a LOSING issue for Dems. If they keep pushing it, they'll continue losing elections.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:32 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I have a pretty good idea how this poll will turn out since the vast majority here on the conservative side will pick no.

fun fact, the country is pretty evenly split among people who find it offensive, and those who think its great. Its one of those great wedge issues.

Other fun fact? If transgender folks do use the bathroom on their birth certificate, a LOT of folks will completely and utterly freak out. You're going to see REALLY masculine folks in the womens bathrooms, and REALLY feminine in the mens. People are going to get hurt, and killed.
The whole thing is downright stupid and unnecessary.

Bathroom laws are an answer to a question that nobody asked.

If people just used whatever restrooms that corresponds to what they look like....99.99% of people wouldn't care a whit...

Just do it discretely and stop making a fuss about it and it will go back to being a non issue.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:34 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Its really a non issue to most people as it affects such a small percentage of the population.
Since if it's such a non issue why is he even addressing it at all? After all, a president has much more important issues to deal with. Where is his attention to jobs? What about replacing Obamacare with something better? What about improving our schools with the help of his cabinet? How about balancing the budget or helping citizens lower their taxes? Hell, how about working on HIRING candidates to fill all of those vacancies he has because he's constantly firing people?

So wasting time on transgender people and bathrooms is totally ridiculous. But not for him, because it further divides us and makes a group feel excluded. And that makes him feel superior to them

Old 02-23-2017, 06:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Session's order. Trump doesn't give a rat's patootie about this issue but he will play for his conservatives.

I don't think so.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:39 AM

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
I have a pretty good idea how this poll will turn out since the vast majority here on the conservative side will pick no.

fun fact, the country is pretty evenly split among people who find it offensive, and those who think its great. Its one of those great wedge issues.

Other fun fact? If transgender folks do use the bathroom on their birth certificate, a LOT of folks will completely and utterly freak out. You're going to see REALLY masculine folks in the womens bathrooms, and REALLY feminine in the mens. People are going to get hurt, and killed.

First off, I think someone that "identifies" as someone or something other then what they are is a mental issue. Nothing bad, not a sickness or anything just another issue like depression , anxiety etc.

I'm sure there are some rare cases when a person was born intersexed and then is assigned a gender which could be the wrong one.

Now that being said. For the most part , this could be easily solved by using the bathroom that fits what you look like. At first I was against this, but in reality it has probably been going on for years without anyone knowing. The thing is , the line has to stop at bathrooms. That won't fly for showers , changing rooms, locker rooms etc. at least for those like schools and colleges. I know I wouldn't want my children to have to deal with that, and they shouldn't have to. Now a gym that posts that it has a transgender shower policy is a different story. People can choose whether they want to be a part of that or not. Children in school don't have that choice.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:44 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
President Trump leaves it up to the States! No way it can backfire on him other then stupid snow flakes who care more about bathrooms than illegal aliens killing innocent Americans

Old 02-23-2017, 06:49 AM

88,970 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Since if it's such a non issue why is he even addressing it at all?
Because Obama's edict went too far and also included multiple occupancy open shower/locker rooms. Even liberal NYC parents are opposed to that. See my post on the NYC situation (Time Magazine).

Old 02-23-2017, 06:50 AM

995 posts, read 1,694,500 times
This is such a ridiculous non issue that just gives snowflakes something to tear up about.

Use the bathroom of the sex that you appear to be. NOBODY WILL KNOW DIFFERENTLY. This does not require intervention of the federal government.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:51 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:

I would have no problem with a transvestite man in the men's room. I would also have no problem with a woman who feels like a man in the men's room.

In fact, they should all just use the men's room. Stay out of the ladies' room.

A-holes who cannot handle men dressed like women are something they will have to deal with in life. They will have to prepare themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies