Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 05:53 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,283,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So where is the name calling in that comment? And lest your selective memory cause you to forget, let me remind you of the reaction to Mr. Wilson's remark, and his subsequent public apology for his outburst.

'You lie': Rep. Wilson apologizes for yell | TheHill

Now IMO calling out a mistruth spoken by the former president, while doing it under such circumstances may not have been in Mr. Smith's best judgement ( especially not to a Dem Demigod such as the Obama), it's hardly comparable to the public pottymouth name calling by Maxine Waters lobbed at the President and his cabinet members.

So again, where is the outrage against her for such actions?
There won't be. She'll actually get lauded/applauded by the left and their media friends for "being tough" on Trump.

It's the double standard world we live in today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 05:55 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
There won't be. She'll actually get lauded/applauded by the left and their media friends for "being tough" on Trump.

Indeed.

And that's why I encourage the "left" to parade Maxine Waters as much as they can on national TV.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:58 AM

15,107 posts, read 12,295,899 times
Quote:

Sadly, I know that's true. My question was rhetorical, because I know that just as anytime the liberal double standard is pointed out, it'll at best be ignored by those of liberal bent.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:59 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,711,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Sadly, I know that's true. My question was rhetorical, because I know that just as anytime the liberal double standard is pointed out, it'll at best be ignored by those of liberal bent.
It's outweighed by the conservative double standard on this forum.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,684,399 times
Quote:

Is this an appropriate type of language a U.S. Representative should be using?

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Tramp lowered the bar during his campaign and hasn't stopped yet. Should she have said that? No, but sometimes there is only so much a person can take.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:10 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,684,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Accusations that aren't substantiated I believe could be against TOS. What about Pol Pot?
You ARE kidding, right? LOL

How many threads were started about Obama being born in Kenya?

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My chuckle for the day!

Old 02-23-2017, 06:11 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,050,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Missing the point....
No, WaldoKitty is NOT missing the point.

You said it. You need to own it. Or be a good little liberal and spew filth, then walk away, lying about having said it.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:13 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,711,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
No, WaldoKitty is NOT missing the point.

You said it. You need to own it. Or be a good little liberal and spew filth, then walk away, lying about having said it.
I don't deny I said it, it's right there. Still missing the bigger point though

Old 02-23-2017, 06:21 AM

15,107 posts, read 12,295,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Tramp lowered the bar during his campaign and hasn't stopped yet. Should she have said that? No, but sometimes there is only so much a person can take.

So you excuse her reprehensible behavior. Predictable.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,760,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I encourage Democrats to put Maxine Waters on TV as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBXhdFTSeek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies