Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:21 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times

Advertisements

Amen to that. Just keep it real and stand in your truth.

But dont weaponize the name of the Lord in order to justify your personal hatred!

Pope: It's better to be an atheist than a bad Christian - CNN.com

Old 02-23-2017, 04:22 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
I honestly can't believe he said that.
The bible says that non-belief is the one sin that can not be forgiven.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:23 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
He would know. If he wasn't the pope. I would think he was an atheist.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Catholics have more in common with cults than the do the Bible. They violate numerous principals of it. so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:30 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The religious way...Kill the nonbeliever.....Do you think that religion might have something to do why there is so much violence and strife in the world?

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die......... Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Old 02-23-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The religious way...Kill the nonbeliever.....Do you think that religion might have something to do why there is so much violence and strife in the world?

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die......... Deuteronomy 13:6-10
We can tell you know nothing about the bible. Seriously, your ignorance is showing so much that to even attempt to argue with you over this would make me a fool.

Also, I find it odd you target Christianity, and ignore Islam even though it is responsible for the majority of the religious violence in the worlds history.

Agenda much? Me thinks so.

Good luck with that!

Old 02-23-2017, 04:49 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Amen to that. Just keep it real and stand in your truth.

But dont weaponize the name of the Lord in order to justify your personal hatred!

Pope: It's better to be an atheist than a bad Christian - CNN.com
Actually, he said "bad Catholic", but then we are talking about CNN and from their viewership, I'm not sure those watching would realize a difference.

Who cares what the Pope says. He needs to take care of his own flock and keep his nose out of the business of those that don't follow his religion.

I have noticed that CNN really has a reading comprehension problem when it comes to assigning a title to an article. I guess it is all about getting people to click on it.

Seems that age-related dementia is setting in with the Pope. He isn't God, not even close, someone should clue him in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
He would know. If he wasn't the pope. I would think he was an atheist.
He has some issues for sure.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:54 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Err..
Isn't it Old Testament?
Old Testament does NOT = Christianity.
It's only a pre-history of it, just in case you are not aware.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Catholics have more in common with cults than the do the Bible. They violate numerous principals of it. so take it with a grain of salt.
The ole "my brand of Christianity is superior to your brand of Christianity" does not sound very Christ-like.

Think you might have inadvertently made the pope's point.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:03 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Apparently this Pope is intolerant of hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies