Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:09 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Highly misleading. Spicer has no authority to do anything.
I'll wait and see, but as of now it looks like the republicans are going to try and undue 8 years of progress and ramp up the war on cannabis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
So much for state rights. Notice how republicans cherry pick issues for states to decide, or not.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:06 PM

42,854 posts, read 26,316,632 times
In post #303 I mentioned how Trump's policies will benefit to private prisons, I didn't expect to find this a few hours later:

U.S. reverses Obama-era move to phase out private prisons

"The (Obama administration) memorandum changed long-standing policy and practice, and impaired the bureau's ability to meet the future needs of the federal correctional system. Therefore, I direct the bureau to return to its previous approach," Sessions said in a letter dated Tuesday to Thomas Kane, acting director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Shares of the two leading U.S. private prison companies gained in after hours trading, with GEO Group Inc up 2.15 percent and CoreCivic Inc up 3.44 percent.
"

Old 02-24-2017, 10:22 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,309,970 times
I voted for trump.

I also enjoy some occasional cannabis consumption at night (or day ).

I now feel duped and misled that I voted for him (although my vote was more against Clinton, than for him.)

Anyways, I don't see this cannabis crackdown going anywhere. There's too many people and businesses and money involved. I think the cats out of the bag on this one. It would be similar to trying to turn the clock back on gay marriage. Ain't going to happen in 2017 America. I hope I'm right.

I cringed when I saw the sessions appointment. I am now embarrassed that I even voted for the dude. He sold me a pack of lies about state rights, being friendly with Russia and not meddling in foreign wars and it seems all that has been thrown out the window and gone in the complete opposite direction.

I still hate Hildog with a passion, but she would have at least let us keep our weed to help ease the pain of living in an ever expanding police state. Where's Obama when you need him ?

I voted for Obama in 2008, didn't vote in 2012, and now trump in 2016. I will never vote for a presidential candidate ever again in my lifetime after this betrayal. They are all full of s***. I have learned my lesson and I quit.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:29 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,503,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I'll wait and see, but as of now it looks like the republicans are going to try and undue 8 years of progress and ramp up the war on cannabis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So much for state rights. Notice how republicans cherry pick issues for states to decide, or not.
well considering the liberals are the ones who made cannabis illegal federally in 1937

this actually helps to open up the possibility of making it legal federally..the fact is by saying we will abide by the federal LAWS, it opens the conversation for seeing it be legalized federally

why have the liberals constantly pushed keeping it illegal at the federal level????

Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,503,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I voted for trump.

I also enjoy some occasional cannabis consumption at night (or day ).

I now feel duped and misled that I voted for him (although my vote was more against Clinton, than for him.)

Anyways, I don't see this cannabis crackdown going anywhere. There's too many people and businesses and money involved. I think the cats out of the bag on this one. It would be similar to trying to turn the clock back on gay marriage. Ain't going to happen in 2017 America. I hope I'm right.

I cringed when I saw the sessions appointment. I am now embarrassed that I even voted for the dude. He sold me a pack of lies about state rights, being friendly with Russia and not meddling in foreign wars and it seems all that has been thrown out the window and gone in the complete opposite direction.

I still hate Hildog with a passion, but she would have at least let us keep our weed to help ease the pain of living in an ever expanding police state. Where's Obama when you need him ?

I voted for Obama in 2008, didn't vote in 2012, and now trump in 2016. I will never vote for a presidential candidate ever again in my lifetime after this betrayal. They are all full of s***. I have learned my lesson and I quit.
there are 1001 uses for cannabis outside of getting high

why are people so consumed at the getting high part, but not the 1001 other uses for hemp???

Old 02-24-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Don't kid yourself, DEA never stopped raiding dispensaries until the 9th circuit made them quit. https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/17/9...-not-prosecute When Session gives them free reign DEA will be going from one dispensary to the next seizing the money, the weed and arresting anyone in the area including customers.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well considering the liberals are the ones who made cannabis illegal federally in 1937 this actually helps to open up the possibility of making it legal federally..the fact is by saying we will abide by the federal LAWS, it opens the conversation for seeing it be legalized federally
why have the liberals constantly pushed keeping it illegal at the federal level????
I am not sure what you are trying to say. The Marijuana tax act was passed in 1937, probably due to pressure from industries that felt threatened by hemp production. In 1970 due to the passage of the Controlled Substances Act, possession of marijuana was made a felony due to it's inclusion as a schedule I drug, that was done by Richard Nixon, who in case you didn't know was a Republican

Old 02-24-2017, 11:21 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,309,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Don't kid yourself, DEA never stopped raiding dispensaries until the 9th circuit made them quit. https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/17/9...-not-prosecute When Session gives them free reign DEA will be going from one dispensary to the next seizing the money, the weed and arresting anyone in the area including customers.
I really hope that you're not right....

Such a gigantic waste of resources and time to go after this.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:29 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,442 times
Quote:
well considering the liberals are the ones who made cannabis illegal federally in 1937

this actually helps to open up the possibility of making it legal federally..the fact is by saying we will abide by the federal LAWS, it opens the conversation for seeing it be legalized federally

1937 LOL!

Quote:
why have the liberals constantly pushed keeping it illegal at the federal level????"
What world do you live in? Spicey trump said they will enforce federal laws in states where the citizens voted to legalize. Do you consider trump's administration to be liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies