Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 08:46 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,310 times

Advertisements

This is nuts. This is not the type of thing that should happen in a first world nation. Everybody protest this by teaching your pugs to become NAZIs. #Nazipugsforfreedom.

Ephraim Borowski, director of the Scottish Council of Jewish Communities added: "To regard the meticulously planned and industrialised murder of six million people solely on the grounds of their ethnicity as a joke is outrageous, and for someone who does so to claim not to be racist, beggars belief."

It has now emerged that Meechan was arrested on April 28 at his house in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire. He was subsequently released pending further investigations.

Detective Inspector David Cockburn of Lanarkshire CID said: “This clip was shared online and has been viewed almost one million times.

“I would ask anyone who has had the misfortune to have viewed it to think about the pain and hurt the narrative has caused a minority of people in our community.

“The clip is deeply offensive and no reasonable person can possibly find the content acceptable in today’s society.

“This arrest should serve as a warning to anyone posting such material online, or in any other capacity, that such views will not be tolerated.”

Nazi pug: Man arrested after teaching girlfriend's dog to perform Hitler salute as a 'prank'

https://youtu.be/SYslEzHbpus
Here's the video the victim made that got him arrested. Notice how he specifically mentions, at the video's beginning, that he's making the video to annoy his girlfriend because she's always talking about how cute her dog is, so he wants to teach the dog to be as repulsive as possible by training the pug to act like a Nazi. He's clearly not glorifying Nazism. He's clearly not threatening anyone or advocating violence.

This is something I find outright scary. This is not the type of censorship by a private organization or even some colleges that I might see decent arguments for. This is government censorship.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times
This is America's future should the liberals ever become successful in their desired words/thought control. That concept scares me a LOT more than a guy teaching his pet a trick to p1ss off his girlfriend.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:37 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
2 thoughts.

1) I hope the guy who taught the dog did not have kids.

2) Wouldnt it be ironic if this guy did time and when they let Rezzas Abdulla go?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:42 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
2 thoughts.

1) I hope the guy who taught the dog did not have kids.

2) Wouldnt it be ironic if this guy did time and when they let Rezzas Abdulla go?
#2. Yes...that would be both ironic and horrifying.

#1. I don't even view his example as anything controversial for children to watch. I see it as harmless fun. Exceptions may be if his kids are very young because they might mimic his behavior and not really know what they're doing.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:46 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
This is nuts. This is not the type of thing that should happen in a first world nation. Everybody protest this by teaching your pugs to become NAZIs. #Nazipugsforfreedom.

Ephraim Borowski, director of the Scottish Council of Jewish Communities added: "To regard the meticulously planned and industrialised murder of six million people solely on the grounds of their ethnicity as a joke is outrageous, and for someone who does so to claim not to be racist, beggars belief."

It has now emerged that Meechan was arrested on April 28 at his house in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire. He was subsequently released pending further investigations.

Detective Inspector David Cockburn of Lanarkshire CID said: “This clip was shared online and has been viewed almost one million times.

“I would ask anyone who has had the misfortune to have viewed it to think about the pain and hurt the narrative has caused a minority of people in our community.

“The clip is deeply offensive and no reasonable person can possibly find the content acceptable in today’s society.

“This arrest should serve as a warning to anyone posting such material online, or in any other capacity, that such views will not be tolerated.”

Nazi pug: Man arrested after teaching girlfriend's dog to perform Hitler salute as a 'prank'

https://youtu.be/SYslEzHbpus
Here's the video the victim made that got him arrested. Notice how he specifically mentions, at the video's beginning, that he's making the video to annoy his girlfriend because she's always talking about how cute her dog is, so he wants to teach the dog to be as repulsive as possible by training the pug to act like a Nazi. He's clearly not glorifying Nazism. He's clearly not threatening anyone or advocating violence.

This is something I find outright scary. This is not the type of censorship by a private organization or even some colleges that I might see decent arguments for. This is government censorship.

The dog should be taken away from this guy and he should be banned from the internet. Very offensive.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,334 times
Far from being a joke or prank, this individual has some serious issues to address. Look at the historical clips of Hitler as well. Obviously, he was doing his research and is a fully fledged neo nazi. The excuse about doing it all merely as a prank for his gf was probably done to avoid some serious investigation.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times
So how do you guys feel about caricatures of Hitler done in movies? Should we penalize writers, directors, producers and actors for any representation of Hitler regardless of context?

Old 02-27-2017, 10:16 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Apparently his neighbor threw pooop all over his door, but hse didn't get arrested for that, she was arrested for calling him a Nazi bastard

Old 02-27-2017, 10:19 PM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
What a sick dude. I thought he was saying something in another language until I got what he was saying.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:23 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
This is America's future should the liberals ever become successful in their desired words/thought control. That concept scares me a LOT more than a guy teaching his pet a trick to p1ss off his girlfriend.
You mean like how those on the right cheer on the idea of Trump managing to get it so he can sue people that upset him?

Seriously, the left isnt doing this, the term here is "projecting"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies