Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 08:51 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,548,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Agree but it started before that. OJ Simpson got off because his attorneys pulled the race card. At that point it was obvious that the only thing that mattered was identity politics. Then there was the Michael Brown story. The left still hangs their hat on that one.
OJ got off for a few reasons. The Rodney King issue happened first. It was a water hose dog attack moment that America had not seen since the 60s. I honestly think the Cold War distracted many of us of our differences back then. The news kept telling Americans the Russians had a major issue with us. I think a lot of these black kids dying at the hands of white cops would have never been reported if Obama was not in office or if he was white. The White cop killing black kids as been going on since before and after the civil rights movement. It was the "Obama save Me" ideal that had the media giving all these stories so much attention. In most of these cases the family would just sue the police force or city in a wrongful death case. Obama being in office made the media over report on these stories. These stories made blacks not trust whites, made women wish they were paid more and had more power than men and made gays think all Christians want them dead even though there are not many stories of a gay person being murdered by a Christian. People just stared taking sides and it seemed enemy number one was the Normal American White Male. Trump was the perfect match. I've grown some very conservative views due to the Obama years. I can say I once was on the liberal side. I still have many liberal views when it comes to transit, post primary education and urban living but when it comes to other beliefs the conservative side makes more sense. This is bigger than Trayvon Martin.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:05 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,143,968 times
[quote=Rakin;47357402]Wonder whatever happened to Trayvons girlfriend Rachel Jeantel.

Poor girl.

Who cares?

Old 03-04-2017, 01:23 AM

29,627 posts, read 16,635,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellow26 View Post
I agree that the Ferguson shooting is a clearer example. But the spinning of things to show a narrative started with Trayvon (doctored audio of the the 911 call to make it sound like Zimmerman followed him because he's black, showing 12 year old pictures when Trayvon was 17 at the time, etc).

You state as fact that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he's black. How do you know this?
Because Zimmerman testified that Martin fit the description of the individuals who had previously broken into homes and cars in the area. The description was "young black males".

i have never understood the conservative idea behind the photo, seems to be me you are trying to argue that Martin as an older kid looked more menacing or something. Which means you are playing the exact same optics game you are against.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:26 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,207,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you want to present a black person who was a victim, Trayvon is not the guy you should pick.

A significant number of people didn't drink that kool aide.
Doesn't surprise me that you and others keep defending ghetto behavior and violence.

I don't drink koolaid. Never have. Never will. Try again.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Because Zimmerman testified that Martin fit the description of the individuals who had previously broken into homes and cars in the area. The description was "young black males".

i have never understood the conservative idea behind the photo, seems to be me you are trying to argue that Martin as an older kid looked more menacing or something. Which means you are playing the exact same optics game you are against.
It's because so many conservatives support violence against those they dislike. They want to be able to have a thug mentality, all the while playing the victim.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:32 AM

195 posts, read 178,520 times
I fault Zimmerman for starting this whole ordeal but Martin being the naive young man he was, took things to the point of no return. However, the media pounced on this and literally started making things up, like stating outright that Zimmerman had used a racial epithet during his call to police. When I heard he was going to be charged with murder 2, I knew this had become a circus.

Zimmerman has anger issues, it was evident to me when I heard the recording of him losing his **** over a person he's never met and who had committed no crime. My belief is he wanted to bait Martin into a confrontation so there would be a legitimate reason to have him arrested.

I don't think he set out to kill the guy but he got more than he bargained for.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
I fault Zimmerman for starting this whole ordeal but Martin being the naive young man he was, took things to the point of no return. However, the media pounced on this and literally started making things up, like stating outright that Zimmerman had used a racial epithet during his call to police. When I heard he was going to be charged with murder 2, I knew this had become a circus.

Zimmerman has anger issues, it was evident to me when I heard the recording of him losing his **** over a person he's never met and who had committed no crime. My belief is he wanted to bait Martin into a confrontation so there would be a legitimate reason to have him arrested.

I don't think he set out to kill the guy but he got more than he bargained for.
Zimmerman is a violent person, left his house angry that night because he had just fought with his wife. He had a trail of incidents that shows his anger.

Zimmerman started a confrontation with a teenage boy he thought he could subdue. Normal people don't follow random teenagers home. Zimmerman's actions since then show he is nothing short of a sewer rat.

But the case was poorly handled by the police, then media got a hold of it...a mess.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,695,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Zimmerman is a violent person, left his house angry that night because he had just fought with his wife. He had a trail of incidents that shows his anger.

Zimmerman started a confrontation with a teenage boy he thought he could subdue. Normal people don't follow random teenagers home. Zimmerman's actions since then show he is nothing short of a sewer rat.

But the case was poorly handled by the police, then media got a hold of it...a mess.
There is no evidence he tried to subdue him.

Normal people who have their neighborhood experiencing out of control crime and are on the community WATCH would WATCH a suspicious person while waiting for police to arrive.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,695,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The cops were called to the neighborhood numerous times to investigate crimes that had occurred. If a large percentage of those calls involved "young black males", wouldn't it be appropriate that a "young black male" would fit the description of crimes committed in the neighborhood by "young black males"?

Old 03-04-2017, 10:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,768,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The cops were called to the neighborhood numerous times to investigate crimes that had occurred. If a large percentage of those calls involved "young black males", wouldn't it be appropriate that a "young black male" would fit the description of crimes committed in the neighborhood by "young black males"?

Get this... The relatively recent string of burglaries in the community, ended that night.

Makes ya go Hmmmm?

Coincidence, I take it.... Just coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies