Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 05:55 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

What America came away with last night was as much about watching the Democrats in the chamber as it was what President Trump said.

and it wasn't a good look at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 05:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Crazy how Trump can sound normal when he isn't addressing his base.... doesn't blame the media for calling out his lies or making new lies....
It helps when you read someone else's words from a teleprompter. He should stick to it.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
That is interesting because the official name is ACA. This had to **** off Obama, this was Obama's biggest legacy(at least top 5).

Also Trump said "Radical Islamic Terrorism".
Yep. And Illegal Alien instead of Obama's "Undocumented Immigrant".

Old 03-01-2017, 05:57 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And, just like Donald Trump needs to grow up, so do his followers. Time to start concentrating on IMPORTANT issues and stop throwing out irrelevant nonsense just for the fun of it. Just like Trump would gain some respect, so would his flock.

But "what about Hillary and Obama"....that's all you can get from them,his flock has drank the kool-aid.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:57 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I cannot stand Trump but I give him credit for sounding much more rational and, well, presidential. As far as what he actually said, well a lot of it is fluff and the devil is in the details. As soon as I saw Ryan jump up and applaud at his remarks on Obamacare I knew that it was all BS and they are gonna screw over a lot of people.

Obama and the Democrats gave people something that was not theirs to give. Nothing wrong with the GOP correcting the mistake.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:58 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
What America came away with last night was as much about watching the Democrats in the chamber as it was what President Trump said.

They do not understand that; they have blinders on and can only listen to the special interest that has lined their political coffers. They are losing big time and they have to get their act together or perish.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post

So who called out in the middle and called him a liar????

The Democrats were respectful

Old 03-01-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Obama and the Democrats gave people something that was not theirs to give. Nothing wrong with the GOP correcting the mistake.
LOL, and what was that???

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is this one of those days when polls are meaningful again
One doesn't need a poll to know that Trump hit a home run with that speech last night.

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, that is not it at all.......this is the first time Donald Trump acted like a mature adult instead of a bumbling 6 year old. I didn't watch the event, but have seen various clips on the internet and tv, and , for a change, Trump stayed on script and was not playing his usual games.

For a lot of reasons, I will never embrace Trump, but he could improve his image by doing a few simple things, things that any sane, mature person does normally.

1) Stop ranting and raving about dumb issues that no one cares about. No more "I had the the biggest win" and no more "Oh, we are going to have so much fun". He comes off as an idiot when he starts that crap.

2) Stop attacking everyone and everything......be Presidential and controlled. He can not let any situation go without tweeting some nasty, snide remarks at the end of it. Knock that crap off. Say NICE things and leave it at that.

3) Stop being negative, be positive. Stop this "Fake News" campaign of his, and take criticism like a man. The press is there to make sure we all know what is going on, and they are not going away.

4) Stop bragging about how great he is and how much he has changed things in a month. That is pure lunacy and for him to take credit for things he has no credit for, is dumb. Concentrate on actually doing something positive.

If he could simply do those easy things, he would start to gain some degree of respect, even from us on the other side.
It looks, to ME, that you want a repeat of Obama.

A whoose who cringes every time he is criticized, who bows down and apologizes to all the world's leaders, blames EVERYBODY ELSE, the repubs, FOXNEWS, Rush, Hanity, etc., for his bad actions and takes NO responsibility himself when things go wrong.

I WANT a president who is PROD of Americas and is NOT afraid to say it.

I WANT a president to STAND UP to bullies (the press) and people who write and say terrible things, mostly lies or big distortions of what was actually said, like the missing" MLK bust lie.

I am GLAD his family is PROD to me Americans, not like, "For the first time in my life, I am proud to be an American" crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies