Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 06:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Obama and the Democrats gave people something that was not theirs to give. Nothing wrong with the GOP correcting the mistake.
Trump promised massive spending programs and no explanation of how they would be funded, so I don't see the point in your post. Even Santorum said after the speech, there was practically nothing fiscally conservative about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 06:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It looks, to ME, that you want a repeat of Obama.
Sure seems like Trumps wants to beat Obama in the spending game. It is the easiest way to appease people, but who is going to pay for it?

Old 03-01-2017, 06:05 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, and what was that???

Taxpayer subsidies to pay for their over-priced and bloated government mandated insurance policies. I don't get a subsidy and can't even deduct my premiums from my taxes while others are getting credits.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure seems like Trumps wants to beat Obama in the spending game. It is the easiest way to appease people, but who is going to pay for it?
Maybe you didn't listen to speech. Your remarks make it sound that way.

Trump hit home run when he said that $6T was wasted in the Middle East. That money could have been used to rebuild the American infrastructure 2X, even 3X if good negotiators worked at it.

i.e. Democrats have wasted huge sums. That spending will be redirected.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think you summed it up here. Doesn't matter what Trump does, you will be against him.

Of course. You can not polish a turd. Trump could walk on water, but , at his core, he is a despicable human being. He can not erase a lifetime of ripping other people off in business, of considering women objects and having no respect for them, and for taking advantage of anyone and everyone he could, and gloating about it.

No, you are right. I have seen decades of Donald Trump and have never cared for the man. Leopards do not change their spots.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
FINALLY

A major politician (Trump) recommended immigration based on merit. Why the heck haven't we been doing this? Let's bring in the engineers, computer scientists, etc. from China, India, etc. into this country-----augment it with obviously hard working Latinos---and let them show us who works the hardest------and we have a winning formula!

Trump believes in negotiating from a position of power. With immigration, the USA has what the immigrants want, so why shouldn't we accept the ones who would most benefit our country?

Trump is the first common sense President maybe in my lifetime.
Exactly.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:09 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I was a bit shocked at Nancy Pelosi.
She looked like she just rolled out of bed.
Then the F-U look she gave Trump when he singled her out with "Obamacare.
We watched on ABC, and when Trump said Obamacare was a disaster, he pointed to someone. My 13-year old laughed and asked who he was pointing at when he said disaster, and I didn't know because the camera didn't show it. So was it Pelosi?

Last edited by katygirl68; 03-01-2017 at 06:27 AM..

Old 03-01-2017, 06:10 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
I think the confusion on immigration is most Dems don't consider people who have sneaked across the border as having done anything illegal.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Really this is the first time most of the country has seen Trump speak directly to them without the critics chiming in. They got a chance to see him and not the caricature of him.

Most Dems are under the mass hysteria influence running around yelling and screaming.
Most Trumpies pay no attention to what's really happening. Despite Trump's claims he would go after government waste, his knee-jerk 'MORE military spending!' while not even questioning whether there is waste to be eliminated in the DoD shows just how empty his promises are.

So much for the silly theory a businessman would change how government is done. A good businessman would be questioning WHY our military is so much more costly than any other in the world and not just blindly throwing more $$$ at it.

Last edited by burdell; 03-01-2017 at 06:21 AM..

Old 03-01-2017, 06:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/b]

Of course. You can not polish a turd. Trump could walk on water, but , at his core, he is a despicable human being. He can not erase a lifetime of ripping other people off in business, of considering women objects and having no respect for them, and for taking advantage of anyone and everyone he could, and gloating about it.

No, you are right. I have seen decades of Donald Trump and have never cared for the man. Leopards do not change their spots.
To quote a line from "Wall Street"....It's not always the nicest guy, who can get the job done.
I want someone who can get done the changes we need. Crooked Hillary certainly couldn't....she represented nothing more than a 3rd Obama term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies