Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Because Osama and the Dogloafocrats wanted to topple Assad and install more whaaacked-out Jihadists in positions of power in the ME.

Russia did not want this, Russia evil.
Exactly.

I'm tired of hearing about these "moderate rebels" in Syria. If they were so moderate, why didn't we support them?

Idiots like John McCain rave and rant about Assad.

But Assad -- as were Mossadegh and Reza Mohammed Pahlavi (Iran), Saddam Hussein (Iraq), Moammar Khaddafi (Libya) Hosni Mubarrak (Egypt), and the kings of Jordan -- is secular and has kept a lid on the Jihadis and other Islamic fundamentalists that now threaten us.

Not only do we lose wars, we create new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Russia never had the technology to put a man on the (moon what makes you think) that they have the technology to defeat the United States of America in a " Nuclear War"...?!?!?!?
They've had the ability to do that since the 1950s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I don't ever remember liberals supporting the Soviet Union myself , was that In The Democratic party platform?!?!?!?
The American left in general (including liberals) was always very sympathetic to the Soviet communists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Also Russians, time to consider drawing Americans into the Ukraine. But you need to make them fight in many other battlefields around the world battling guerrilla fighters. Send the children of Democrats back home missing legs, eyes, and arms. And make the American empire destroy it's own economy so bad those maimed children of Democrats will live like impoverished serfs for the rest of their lives.
We went through that with Korea and Vietnam. It's not going to happen again. Now we only go after "safe bets" that won't result in a lot of American casualties.

The Soviet Union itself learned the same lesson in Afghanistan.

The days of powerful countries sacrificing 50,000 of their own children in a pointless war are over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Great post overall. But disagree with bolded.
1. Putin's past expansionist policies doesn't exist in reality. He is trying to build an economic cooperation with his neighbours and every independent state that wants to participate in it. In fact, Putin invites every country and offers them equivalent partnership and mutually beneficial relation. But western globalist propaganda intentionally misinterpreting it and saying that Putin wants to build old USSR, Putin has expansionist policy etc. That's BS!
I agree.

The fake news media in the U.S. has gotten away with demonizing Putin, but I think Trump's election is opening America's eyes to the truth.

Quote:
2. USA & Russia would never run the world together because Russia has no mental illness like "the american exceptionalism" that sounds more than arrogantly in 21st century in the current multipolar world. Because Russia never wanted to be the world policeman. Because Russia has no desire to run the world.
I think Russia did have a period of imperialist ambition -- but that's because it was communist, and communist ideology seeks worldwide revolution.

Those days are long past. But a lot of American leaders act like the Cold War is still going on -- except when it comes to China, which still is communist. Does that make any sense? Of course not.

American foreign policy really just comes down to money. We demonize Russia because it's a convenient scapegoat and we don't need or want anything from Russia. Except to use it as a "boogeyman" -- to justify our arms industry (Republicans) or to try to take down a politician (Trump) (Democrats.)

When it comes to China (or Saudi Arabia), it's a different story. China gives us cheap goods. Saudi Arabia provides oil for our allies.

Quote:
I know you're not Christian, musiqum, but you are a good person. I'm happy Russia under Putin has finally started treating Jewish people better. I think I read Russia is offering, or considering to offer, Jews refugee status for anti-Semitism.

A lot of Jewish people support the traditional family values in Russia. We know Hindu India does and a massive number of Muslims throughout the Islamic world.

But it was already foretold that Satan would begin lossing his power in the beginning of the 21st century. We have seen this and from now on the US will only lose.
It would if traditional Democrats and Republicans ran the show.

There is hope now because of Trump -- he is neither Democrat nor Republican. He is not interested in America being the world's big bully.

Trump is a nationalist, just like Putin.

Trump is against anything that compromises national sovereignty, independence, and a distinct cultural identity -- things like globalism, a New World Order (hypercapitalism, multinational companies ruling the world), imperialism, multilateral trade deals, open borders, multiculturalism, the UN, identity politics, military alliances (unless they are truly beneficial and necessary), etc.

To those I would also add religion and ideology (e.g., communism, capitalism, imposed democracy), which are always trying to spread from country to country, subordinating national interest to some transnational cause and eroding the loyalty of the people to their own country and way of life.

How different is this from Russia?

Apart from its communist phase, Russia has not sought to "rule the world." It has sought to secure and buffer its borders. Who can blame it for wanting to do that after Napoleon and Hitler? And more recently, the U.S.?

Americans were outraged when the Soviets put missiles in Cuba -- but we had done the same to the Soviet Union by putting missiles in Turkey.

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-03-2017 at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 03:52 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
All of European aristocracy were related. Yeah, that includes when all their kingdoms or countries went to war with one another.

Your posts are basically ignorant and on par with a 12 year-old Confederate loving child from Alabama who proclaims to be so knowledgeable about other countries.

If you don't like the Russians feel free to go over there with a gun and kill them.
How are my posts ignorant, they are historically correct as you yourself point out, and no where in my posts does it say I don't like the Russians.

There is a history to Britains relationship with Russia over the centuries, we even fought against them during the Crimean War (1853-56) when the famous Charge of the Light Brigade occurred, we never really trusted them in relation to India, we fought alongside the Russians in the First World War, saw relatives of our own Royal Family murdered in 1918 during the Russian Revolution , fought on the same side as Stalin's Soviet Union in the Second World War and became embroiled in a Cold War in relation to East and West following WW2. We have quite a history when it comes to Russia.

Today relations are not great, and Putin is a fairly dangerous, unpredicatable and corrupt man, who like the Soviet leaders before him has his enemies assassinated and who likes to play games on the World Stage.

Russia today is a state run by organised cronyism backed up by organised crime gangs indeed as the murdered Alexander Litvinenko rightly pointed out, it is liitle more than a Mafia State.

Wikileaks: Russia branded 'mafia state' in cables - BBC News

Putin Welcomes the Return of the Russian Mafia - Newsweek

Spain hunts 'mafia-linked' Russians including state officials - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-03-2017 at 04:34 AM..

Old 03-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
You even don't realize that you have just showed the true level of your understanding of things with your response. And this level is not your trump card.
It's all detailed in Scotland Yards Investigation and Sir Robert Owens 300 page inquiry, if you want to play conspiracy theorist go somewhere else.

There was a inquiry in to the Litvinenko poisoning led by Sir Robert Owen and a 300 page report was published in 2015.

Litvinenko inquiry: Key findings - BBC News

Alexander Litvinenko death inquiry report completed - BBC News

Litvinenko inquiry: Russia involved in spy's death, Scotland Yard says - Guardian

Btw here's a brief guide to the differet roles played by MI5 and MI6.

MI5 is responsible for protecting the UK, its citizens and interests, at home and overseas, against threats to national security.

MI6 is responsible for gathering intelligence outside the UK in support of the government's security, defence, foreign and economic policies.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-03-2017 at 04:17 AM..

Old 03-03-2017, 07:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That just does not sound very American when discussing another nation.. Putin came from the KGB - his blood runs black.
KGB committed many bad things. That's undeniable. But KGB also did many good things for its country. It would be very one-sided view to think that KGB was everything evil. The world is not just black and white. There were numerous decent, kind and honest officers in the KGB that sincerely served their owncountry. They weren't executioners, butchers and murderers. But some people are steeped in prejudice thinking that KGB is homogeneous satanic evil without even a small white spot on it, and that all former KGB officers are thugs surely. During the US /USSR Cold War the western MSM propagandized everything soviets in bad colors only. You guys were getting one-sided information on KGB and you've never seen the whole picture of it. You were brainwashed then, and they keep brainwashing you now.
Yes, Putin served in the KGB. But there is no any fact, document or evidence showing that he did something bad to russian people. OTOH, it is known that he was a very good patriotic officer who honestly served his state.
Today many americans know that CIA does really satanic things around the globe. CIA is evil. So, if I would use your logic I can think that all workers of CIA are thugs and scumbags, and their blood run black. See how wrong you logic is?
Yes, Putin came from the KGB, but this fact doesn't prove he is a bad guy.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
When Space aliens come attack the world, we will unite...
Space aliens are not so stupid to attack our mankind. They know they don't have to do this seeing how we eliminate each other during the ages. They will patiently wait until we finish their job ourselves making our earth unpopulated. After that they will be unimpededly landing here.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I know you're not Christian, musiqum, but you are a good person...
Thank you, Frogburn!
I am secular jewish. But I am honouring Jesus Christ and His Spiritual Teaching of Love and Mercy.
Actually, I respect every religion on earth that makes people's souls better. This is because I tend to humanism. Morality and humanism is my religion, morality and humanism is my party, morality and humanism is my vital credo. Morality and humanism are standing above all political, national, racial, social or religious divisions, and above a silly rivalry. For me, it doesn't matter what religion, party or race a person belongs to. I will wish him/her good equally. So, as you can see yourself, I am a real christian in my heart with this world-view despite I am jewish.
If a person is doing good things I will be love him even more. And it would be absolutely unimportant to me if that person is black or white, man or woman, muslim or buddhist, mexican or chinese, fat or slim. But if a person is a scumbag and is doing something bad for other people I will despise him even if he is jewish as me. So, I hate Soros. I hate the Rothschilds. They are anti-human. And the only moral of their is profit, no matter if some people will die for it.
I love America and american people. But I hate american foreign policy because it's anti-human and anti-christian. I hope Tramp will fix it.

Last edited by musiqum; 03-03-2017 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Putin is a thug who wants to quash our allies in Europe. He was tolerated before but invading Ukraine showed what disdain he has for the rest of the free world.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:17 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed
What I don't understand is, why can't we be friends with Russia?
People could be if they STOPPED LISTENING TO THE MAINSTREAM BS ABOUT RUSSIA! (Making them look bad,etc)

Old 03-03-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
It's all detailed in Scotland Yards Investigation and Sir Robert Owens 300 page inquiry, if you want to play conspiracy theorist go somewhere else.

There was a inquiry in to the Litvinenko poisoning led by Sir Robert Owen and a 300 page report was published in 2015.

Litvinenko inquiry: Key findings - BBC News

Alexander Litvinenko death inquiry report completed - BBC News

Litvinenko inquiry: Russia involved in spy's death, Scotland Yard says - Guardian

Btw here's a brief guide to the differet roles played by MI5 and MI6.

MI5 is responsible for protecting the UK, its citizens and interests, at home and overseas, against threats to national security.

MI6 is responsible for gathering intelligence outside the UK in support of the government's security, defence, foreign and economic policies.
Who would believe Scotland Yards "Investigation" and british media today? They both are very good in inventions and fakes. I have read numerous comments of british posters on many related youtube videos, and guess what they said? "I am embarrassed by our lying media".
Both Scotland Yards and british media are much worse than even american fake news outlets.
Nowadays, Scotland Yard is the political and ideological tool of the rotten british political elites that fulfils orders of these elites. And BBC is disgrace of the UK.
The only good thing that comes out from the UK today is your rock/pop music bands. That's it.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Putin is a thug who wants to quash our allies in Europe. He was tolerated before but invading Ukraine showed what disdain he has for the rest of the free world.
Please read what Dude111 just said right after your post :
STOP LISTENING TO THE MAINSTREAM BS ABOUT RUSSIA AND PUTIN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies