Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:07 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

No, not at all, but his movement has made it seem like it is ok and he approves, to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 06:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
they were never true friends to begin with. I have an Aunt in her 60s who un-friened me 5 years ago because I don't agree with her liberal leanings. No more Christmas cards, emails, phone calls, nothing.
It's pathetic and childish when people do this.

It really is!

I voted for Johnson, my wife and son voted for Trump, with absolutely no animosity between us. They wasted their votes and I made a statement. Being in CA any vote for anything other than blue is a waste here.

On the other hand, I hear about politics tearing relationships apart, and the lions share seem to be liberals demanding their friends and family must be in lockstep with them. THAT is very much cult like.

It's horrible that such a petty thing as politics would outweigh relationships.

Like this woman who divorced her husband of 22 years because he voted for Trump.
Woman ends 22-year marriage over husband's support for Trump

THAT is batsht crazyness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
No I don't, but that doesn't mean that most racists didn't voted for Trump.
It doesn't mean they did either. There's no way to quantify the notion, and that is exactly what it is.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:17 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
No I don't, but that doesn't mean that most racists didn't voted for Trump.

I just can't understand how people can vote for a textbook racist and think that people of color wouldn't be offended...
I voted for Obama in 2012.
I found him to be eloquent, charming and a decent family man.
His policies, however, were an unmitigated disaster.
He got the "Nobel Peace Prize" but was at war for the entirety of his tenor.

I voted for Trump in 2016 and from what I have seen thus far, I plan to vote for him again in 2020.
I am a brown, legal immigrant to USA and have no concerns at all if I am considered to be a racist.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
One of the major columnists - possibly Nick Kristof - said that maybe a person wasn't a racist, but if he voted for Trump the person had no problem with people who are racists, which is almost as bad.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:10 PM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
...It doesn't mean they did either. There's no way to quantify the notion, and that is exactly what it is.
Of course there's no 'proof', I don't doubt that some people actually believe that white racists vote for the Democrats as often as the Republicans.

Some people also believe that saying a person can't do their job because of their race, isn't a textbook definition of racism...

Old 03-02-2017, 07:25 PM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
...Things Democrats were that Republicans were not:
Slave owners.
The KKK.
WELFARE PIMPS.
Things Conservatives were that liberals were not:
Slave owners.
The KKK.
Trump Race Baits With The Central Park Five Case—Yet Again

Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I think people have forgotten what "racist" really means, and have co-opted the term to mean "people who don't fall in line with progressive group-think".
This. People are confusing "racist" with "bigoted". There's a lot of bigoted people on both sides, but pure racism? No.

Racism is when you think that another race is inferior to you, or you think that your race, as a whole, has characteristics or abilities that make it better than any other race.

Acknowledging that someone is black does not make them a racist, ie: "I have black friends" does not make someone a racist. It doesn't mean that just because they have black friends they aren't racist, but saying that they have black friends does not make one a racist.

Saying that you don't want illegal aliens in this country does not make you a racist. Blubbering on about "brown people" every single time someone talks about not wanting illegal aliens in this country also does not make you a racist, but it sure makes you look like one bigoted ahole. Illegal aliens come in all colors.

Saying that you don't want refugees in this country does not make you a racist. "Syrian" is not a race. Assuming that those who don't want refugees because they "don't like brown people" is not racist, it's bigoted.

Saying that you don't want to continue with the current welfare system does not make you a racist. Saying that those who are against it are racist because it means that they hate black people does because it says that you believe that only black people need help.

Wanting voter ID does not make someone a racist. Saying that asking for voter ID means you don't want black people voting is, because it implies that black people are incapable of obtaining a fricken ID.

Cinco de Mayo is not racist.

"Mexican" is not a race.
"Illegal alien" is not a race.
"Syrian" is not a race.
"Muslim" is not a race.

Etc.

Racism does exist. It does not exist in the way that the media has lied and tried to divide this country, however.

Trump has never said anything racist.

If a racist supports Trump, it does not automatically make Trump a racist. Saying that you need to bring black people to heel, IS racist.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Are most Trump supporters racist? Maybe 25-30%. The rest are just naïve and hoping that Trump can turn back the hands of time to the year 1952.

Trump supporters see Donald Trump as an Archie Bunker type...a 'loveable' bigot.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:55 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
One of the major columnists - possibly Nick Kristof - said that maybe a person wasn't a racist, but if he voted for Trump the person had no problem with people who are racists, which is almost as bad.
Isn't that ironic then when we can say that maybe a person isn't a liar and a thief, but if he voted for Hillary the person had no problem with people who are liars and thieves, which is almost as bad.

It worked both ways in this election. We had to pick our poison as to which label we wanted to be under.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump supporters see Donald Trump as an Archie Bunker type...a 'loveable' bigot.
LOL!

Maybe

He reminds me of a salesman I used to work with, I really liked the guy and they had similar mannerisms. I was automatically inclined to like Mr Trump!

But I could not support him politically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies