Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:26 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
of course you do. Did you think a driver loses his license for a single traffic error?

Do you think people go to prison for under paying taxes by a couple of %...

NO, they don't do they. Instead we need to show patterns, repetition , intent . This is the bar , not some sad sack mistake, not some opinions you don't like.

You need proof. The reason you will not provide it is because you don't have it.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 06:28 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, 2015. Next.
You ask for examples, I give multiple examples, but that's not good enough is it? You just lost this debate, good try though, maybe next time kido.

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
The media is definitely biased against Trump and covered for Obama
And promoted Hillary. There is zero question about it

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Instead we need to show patterns, repetition , intent . This is the bar , not some sad sack mistake, not some opinions you don't like.
I've never heard the media's spin referred to as 'sad sack mistake' but that's fitting.

Who was talking about opinions we don't like?

We were talking about news -- facts -- remember? Not opinions paraded as facts.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:29 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Quote:
For those of you whining and crying about the big bad media and how much you hate it.

well you are just getting a small taste of what the left has had to put up with for a decade.

try not to let it stress you too much, because you are going to have to accept this is the new reality. Trump IS president and the Media IS going to make him account for his actions. Frankly that is their job and they are doing it very well.

Think of it this way.

The Republicans spent a few decades lying about Hillary, making things up overstating others. In all that time they never got a single thing to stick. Never , not once.

8 or 9 investigations into a baseless accusation , costing many millions, and tens of thousands of man hours concluded Hillary was completely innocent...

What makes this even funnier is knowing that Trump has so much dirt he will very likely be Out Of Office in no time at all.

delighted to see Sessions forced to recuse himself despite him claiming earlier he would not.

hardy ha ha.

Trump is NOT the one with dirt.

The real reason the left is so upset about losing the election is that there is SO much that Obama and his gang have been hiding from the public for years. That is the reason he is coming back 'to protect his legacy' before Trump manages to out him for all the illegal stuff the Dems did while he was in office.

They NEED to oust him from office - they don't just merely want to! The things they did were more than just your average political scandal. That is why there is so much focus too now on Sessions - they need to keep him from ever really being able to function as AG. The DOJ is still stacked a mile high with liberals. They need to keep it that way. Of course, beyond that it is just another way to get to Trump as well and discredit him and set him up for impeachment even if it is unwarranted.

How they set up and funnelled funds from Fanny and Freddie to Obamacare to prop it up is one prime example.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ncing_flimflam

Oh there is SO much more. Eventually even you liberals are going to have egg on your faces when you see what Obama and crew were up to.

Obama will be back in a big way shortly. He has set up his 8k plus sq. ft. rented house as Sedition Central - and yes, according to many reports, he has moved Jarrett in. She lived with him in the White House so I guess they are all used to it now. He can't use his government funded office to work from so it will probably sit empty. But, he has Holder, Biden, Rice and Jarrett on board and we will start to see much more 'action' from that peanut gallery soon. They are scared sh... less of Trump. He knows they are. And I am pretty sure he knows why they are - in fact, I think that is a prime reason he ran for President though he used the top level concerns of Americans to justify it all. This is much bigger I think than most of us could ever imagine.

I just hope he never caves on Sessions (who did nothing wrong but has already been forced to recuse himself from campaign investigations) or we are all in big trouble considering the constant onslaught of media lies and people like those here who are lapping it all up with glee every time they hear that perhaps a band-aid might be needed somewhere in DC. You too are in grave danger whether you know it or not, Dems/libs here. This is not about LGBT rights or immigration or even Russia or any of the other million surface things .. this is about corruption that runs so very deep that there is a hole in China.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Are you reading the thread? Nobody is defending Fox. They are equally biased or worse because they disguise it as right leaning.
I am fully aware. But that does not mean I will ignore it.

The fact is fox has been doing this for decades, now that the once neutral media has shifted left to stay in business the right wing suddenly cares about opinion being passed off as news.

I am delighted to see MSNBC and CNN finally waking up and targeting their market just as Fox has done for years.

MOst of the poster on this site want to define the left leaning media as BAD and the rightwing media as good guys doing a tough job etc...

it is bs, thus I will continue to point out fox.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
You ask for examples, I give multiple examples, but that's not good enough is it? You just lost this debate, good try though, maybe next time kido.
Give examples rather than opinion. Until then, I suggest you bow out gracefully.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
The real reason the left is so upset about losing the election is that there is SO much that Obama and his gang have been hiding from the public for years. That is the reason he is coming back 'to protect his legacy' before Trump manages to out him for all the illegal stuff the Dems did while he was in office.

They NEED to oust him from office - they don't just merely want to! The things they did were more than just your average political scandal. That is why there is so much focus too now on Sessions - they need to keep him from ever really being able to function as AG. Of course, beyond that it is just another way to get to Trump as well and discredit him and set him up for impeachment even if it is unwarranted.

How they set up and funnelled funds from Fanny and Freddie to Obamacare to prop it up is one prime example.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ncing_flimflam

Oh there is SO much more. Eventually even you liberals are going to have egg on your faces when you see what Obama and crew were up to.

Obama will be back in a big way shortly. He has set up his 8k plus sq. ft. rented house as Sedition Central - and yes, according to many reports, he has moved Jarrett in. She lived with him in the White House so I guess they are all used to it now. He can't use his government funded office to work from so it will probably sit empty. But, he has Holder, Biden, Rice and Jarrett on board and we will start to see much more 'action' from that peanut gallery soon. They are scared sh... less of Trump. He knows they are. And I am pretty sure he knows why they are - in fact, I think that is a prime reason he ran for President though he used the top level concerns of Americans to justify it all. This is much bigger I think than most of us could ever imagine.

I just hope he never caves on Sessions (who did nothing wrong but has already been forced to recuse himself from campaign investigations) or we are all in big trouble considering the constant onslaught of media lies and people like those here who are lapping it all up with glee every time they hear that perhaps a band-aid might be needed somewhere in DC. You too are in grave danger whether you know it or not, Dems/libs here. This is not about LGBT rights or immigration or even Russia or any of the other million surface things .. this is about corruption that runs so very deep that there is a hole in China.
you should start your own thread, you are completely off topic,

I guess you could not find enough examples of CNN MSNBC lying so you are now talking about random unrelated things to distract. Did you pick that up from Trump or did you think of it all by yourself.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:32 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
The media has ALWAYS been the primary influence on Democracy. Its one of the reasons everyone is so terrified of the internet. It democratizes democracy, by giving more voices. But too many voices causes division.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/o...democracy.html

From the article...

"Trump's type of campaign is only successful in a context in which certain established institutions — particularly, the mainstream media and political party organizations — have lost most of their power, both in the United States and around the world."

The media is an institution, and the state cannot function without it. Its purpose is to propagandize the people, and to manufacture consent. But it is failing.

I'm personally pretty glad it is failing. But then what? Echo-chamber blogs, facebook feeds, and click-bait fake news?

If the political-system begins to fail, it'll be forced to clamp down on free-speech. And then what?

Old 03-02-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I've never heard the media's spin referred to as 'sad sack mistake' but that's fitting.

Who was talking about opinions we don't like?

We were talking about news -- facts -- remember? Not opinions paraded as facts.
well I was being nice. But please stick to lies.

now where are they? Can you direct us to the many thousands of lies, or maybe just a strong pattern of some major media outlets outright lying....

crickets...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies