Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 06:10 AM

20,100 posts, read 9,006,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
If I voted for him I'd be pretty po'ed that he wouldn't meet with me. You're much more forgiving than I am I guess.
there's 20 million people that live in Florida, what do you bring to the table to talk with him about? He was all over the state a few months ago talking to constituents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 06:11 AM

17,782 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Isn't having a dialogue, as opposed to screaming and heckling part of a responsible voter's job?

Only infants should be able to scream and holler when they don't get their way.

I'll bet the majority of those doing the disrupting at these town halls didn't vote for those politicans anyway.

Rubio sabotaged Obamacare by penning a bill eliminating the risk corridor plan that was critical to it's success as far as the insurance companies who were involved.

It was a completely underhanded move on his part. People have a right to be angry.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:11 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.296de80cbfda

Republicans who went back to their home turf have been dogged by angry crowds. Many, citing safety concerns, have refused to hold town hall meetings.

Rubio, in particular, has avoided town halls because of people who “heckle and scream at me in front of cameras.”

Isn't meeting with constituents part of the job?
Is it constituents that are at the town halls? I thought it was protestors complying with Obama's "Organizing For Actions" plan.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...upt-town-hall/

https://bearingdrift.com/2017/02/15/...y-never-heard/

Yeah, this, "Barbarians at the Gate": https://townhall.com/columnists/jeff...siege-n2290393

Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
there's 20 million people that live in Florida, what do you bring to the table to talk with him about? He was all over the state a few months ago talking to constituents
yes a few MONTHS ago--you said it right

Old 03-03-2017, 06:14 AM

you guys need to accept Rubio was the people's choice. He won in a landslide

Old 03-03-2017, 06:17 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,974,456 times
Most, if not all, of the people at these town halls are there to disrupt, not to ask polite questions and listen/get information. They are just part of the current coup attempt 'army'. It really is so very 'charming' how they act and how little interest they really have in anyone but themselves. Their mommies and daddies should be so proud of them.

I really think town halls should just go digital. To heck with providing opportunities for protests, riots, destruction, etc.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:50 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,554 times
My congressman, whom I voted for, had an open house which I attended. He also had a town hall. His win was not at all decisive, so I'm sure it was not all kumbaya. People on both sides of the aisle attend these meetings.

Part of their jobs is to meet with their constituents - whether or not those people supported rubio, he is still their senator.

I'd have to really question voting for someone who refused to hold town halls.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:55 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,872 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.296de80cbfda

Republicans who went back to their home turf have been dogged by angry crowds. Many, citing safety concerns, have refused to hold town hall meetings.

Rubio, in particular, has avoided town halls because of people who “heckle and scream at me in front of cameras.”

Isn't meeting with constituents part of the job?
Paid Protestors! I would not show up either.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:01 AM

Said Rubio: “They are not town halls anymore. What these groups really want is for me to schedule a public forum, they then organize three, four, five, six hundred liberal activists in the two counties or wherever I am in the state.”

When you win in a landslide, no need to play games with the unwashed.

Last edited by skeddy; 03-03-2017 at 07:11 AM..

Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
His office has TERRIBLE constituent service. Have neighbors who told me his staff keeps the phones on perpetual voice mail and NEVER return any calls. I have emailed his office a few times and NEVER gotten a response.

When I lived in AZ, McCain's offices were very helpful. McCain would also conduct lots of public townhalls....he'd travel all over the state, even to small towns. Nice guy.

World of difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies