Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 01:44 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times

Advertisements

Video of Obama saying wiretapping is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMvzoKucwUM

Old 03-04-2017, 01:45 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,488,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Its funny one minute they are saying trump shows no evidence of wire tap ( as if they have provided any evidence of collusion with the russians) and obama representatives issue blanket denial now the talk is well it may have happened but all the FISA stuff is legal.

I have no doubt AG Lynch could have signed off on this, she and holder were terribly dumb.
These decisions aren't made by Holder or Lynch. The FISA judges were all appointed by Chief Justice Roberts.

"The court's judges are appointed solely by the Chief Justice of the United States without confirmation or oversight by the U.S. Congress... Since FISA was enacted in 1978, we've had three chief justices, and they have all been conservative Republicans, "

The United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC, also called the FISA Court) is a U.S. federal court established and authorized under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA) to oversee requests for surveillance warrants against foreign spies inside the United States by federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Such requests are made most often by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...eillance_Court

Old 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Chief Justice John Roberts (Republican) has appointed all FISA judges except one. So I guess Justice Roberts is an enemy of the state too!
as Trump would say "that so called Judge".

15,948 posts, read 12,317,016 times
Such a nice address he gave and now we're back to this Twitter crap.

7,068 posts, read 6,483,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You don't make accusations of this nature without some kind of proof.
Where have you been? More than a few high profile dems, those on the left, and media have been going nuts with this kind of game/nonsense accusations left and right against trump and those in his admin without providing any proof other than "we said it therefore you better believe it!". And they've been proven wrong over and over and over again. Trump once again in my view is just playing the same game with these recent tweets and so many don't get it, matching fire with fire.

I find it refreshing, someone who punches back at all this nonsense and doesn't stick to the same nonsense political canned speak the vast majority of politicians stick to.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:00 PM

381 posts, read 177,775 times
Wow, this is a serious accusation he has made. Yeah, yeah he's known for going wild on Twitter, but I don't think President Trump would say this without justification. Obama's interest in choosing the next President was personal rather than a love for Hillary or having any respect for her ability to lead our country. That he would go to this extent to undermine Trump would not surprise me.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:06 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,707,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Such a nice address he gave and now we're back to this Twitter crap.

But, but it's all the mean press he gets.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,789,675 times
Quote:
Its funny one minute they are saying trump shows no evidence of wire tap ( as if they have provided any evidence of collusion with the russians) and obama representatives issue blanket denial now the talk is well it may have happened but all the FISA stuff is legal.
As far as we know, it is. Much as I don't like it, the fact is that FISA proceedings have been upheld by the courts.

Quote:
I have no doubt AG Lynch could have signed off on this, she and holder were terribly dumb.
No, she couldn't sign off on this. It isn't up to her. In fact, as I understand FISA, unless it was a DOJ agency, like the FBI, that requested the tap, she wouldn't have even known.

Quote:
The good thing is that this will be the main story for everyone, not sessions and all this phony stuff, the media cant spin this.
Well, I agree with you there, but for different reasons. I've never liked FISA, and getting people up in arms over it would be a good thing.

Quote:
Maybe it inspires publicans to really look at all this crap obama did from NSA wire taps and global surveillance of foreign nationals and US citizens
I'm just being idly curious here - were you upset about it when the Bush administration was doing it? If you and others had been, maybe the Obama administration wouldn't have had the legal power to do whatever it is they're doing.

Quote:
to all the corruption with the clintons, the justice department, and the irs

Hillarys secret server and millions of emails destroyed and collusion with the justice department and loretta lynch

The IRS scandal: The selective targeting of conservative groups by a politicized Internal Revenue Service

Spying on journalists like Fox news James Rosen with Holders approval

Graham: 'I'm very worried' about Trump's wiretapping accusation | TheHill

Even someone as wimpy and anti trump as Lindsay Graham knows how serious this is.

“I’d be very worried if in fact the Obama administration was able to obtain a warrant lawfully about Trump campaign activity with foreign governments. It’s my job as United States senator to get to the bottom of this."

" Graham also said that if Obama legally obtained a warrant to monitor Trump’s campaign for violating the law, then it would be the biggest political scandal since Watergate during former President Richard Nixon’s administration.
Yes, it would be QUITE serious. I hope Graham pushes a full and thorough inquiry into what has been done via FISA.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:21 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,557,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Where have you been? More than a few high profile dems, those on the left, and media have been going nuts with this kind of game/nonsense accusations left and right against trump and those in his admin without providing any proof other than "we said it therefore you better believe it!". And they've been proven wrong over and over and over again. Trump once again in my view is just playing the same game with these recent tweets and so many don't get it, matching fire with fire.

I find it refreshing, someone who punches back at all this nonsense and doesn't stick to the same nonsense political canned speak the vast majority of politicians stick to.
It's not "refreshing." It's insane.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:25 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,557,252 times
Breitbart prints some non-evidentiary nonsense (as usual) in order to ramp up the mindless fury of its base, Trump spews it on Twitter, and the right-wingers--in their never-ending hatred for Obama-- are ready to believe every word of it. Not surprising, of course, but incredibly childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies