Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,132,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It is because the majority that voted know that he is now and has always been a lunatic.
Which majority are you speaking of? The majority that only resides in CA/NYC, or the majority that got him elected to office?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:06 AM

27,639 posts, read 13,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Be that as it may, it still doesn't undercut the fact that Trump's wiretap charge was baseless, lacked any evidence and Trump still hasn't said how he came to that wild conclusion.

What it did do, is have the press dash towards a new shiny object and away from Trump's connections to Russia, which he has more connections with Russia than aeroflot.
Agreed

The truth is you don't need a wiretap these days, the technology is so advanced that your internet data and phone commications are passed through vast satalite and firbe optics systems.

Most people think that mobile phones calls are all done by satellite, when in reality all calls are relayed in to fibre optic cables which operate eight times faster and are equivalent to the speed of light. Phone calls and internet messages includung US domestic traffic are part of a vast global network and are relayed via networks across the globe, a simple domestic phone call from say Florida could be relayed half way across the world and the same applies to the internet. This allows anyone who taps in to the global network of submarine cables and fibre optics access to US Communications.

In terms of the satellite communications, which are now far less important due to the advent of fibre optics, they continue to be picked up by vast dishes and monitoring equipment.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-12-2017 at 08:38 AM..

Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 AM

10,650 posts, read 10,771,181 times
He's a President. They lie..They all lie...In fact everyone in Washington is a lieing sack of stinking goat dung...

Old 03-12-2017, 08:35 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,372,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Be that as it may, it still doesn't undercut the fact that Trump's wiretap charge was baseless, lacked any evidence and Trump still hasn't said how he came to that wild conclusion.

What it did do, is have the press dash towards a new shiny object and away from Trump's connections to Russia, which he has more connections with Russia than aeroflot.
But does he? I pored over Politicos recent charts of Trump's connections to Russia and still came up with a big meh. Even Politico has to admit - "There’s nothing inherently damning about most of the ties illustrated below."

Malik Obama's recent attempt to throw himself back into the spotlight with a fake Kenya certificate of his famous half brother reminded me just how crazy the birthers got with their conspiracy theories...just like the left has gotten with the Russian fairy tales. Democrats refuse to accept Trump as president so instead throw themselves into the most outlandish conspiracy theories...many of you seem you have lost any connection with common-sense.

At some point you folks have to put up or shut up. In reality, Democrats and their minions in the MSM have nothing but supposition and innuendo that they've spun into the Russian fairy tale.

John Nolte in The Daily Wire has some observations -

"Let me start with an admission that might surprise you. With respect to RussiaGate, I actually thought the national media would find a little something by now. Don't get too excited; never for a moment did I believe Trump was a Russian agent or in any way involved with the beautifully-beautiful WikiLeaks release of all those luscious Democrat emails. It is just that when you see the MSM engaging in one of their coordinated, partisan frenzies, they usually come up with … something. So I just assumed that somewhere along the line some low-level Trump-staffer might be caught doing or saying something wrong on one of those Obama wiretaps.

Nope."

RussiaGate: Six Months. No Evidence -- It's Time for the Media to Put Up or Shut Up | Daily Wire

Time to put up or shut up libs. Because now you're becoming as crazed and pathetic as the birthers and truthers.

Last edited by Dockside; 03-12-2017 at 09:26 AM..

Old 03-12-2017, 08:44 AM

24,223 posts, read 15,280,807 times
Clearly all the politicians think lying is ok unless you get caught lying to the legal system.

I understand explaining an issue based on one's POV. But, in truth they should point out the pros and cons of an issue. Part of a politician's job is to educate their constituency on issues facing the country.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:50 AM

41,010 posts, read 49,486,214 times
If you don't like what he says then find a decent candidate and vote.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:19 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,840,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump has gotten away with pathologically lying all of his life, with zero consequences. Nothing will happen this time either. Hell, there isn't a day that goes by that he is fact checked and found to have either fabricated some "fact" or outright lied.

The best punishment for him is not something we would impose, it is the way he shoots himself in the foot a little more every time he does lie. He is like the boy who cried wolf too many times, and each time he loses a lot more credibility each time. And he keeps on doing it, knowing it will bite him in the butt each time.
Exactly. He was elected president with his lies. Sadly nothing will happen.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:19 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,135,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If President Bonkers' tweets were lies, does he just get away with it?

I don't know, what did you propose the punishment be for when Obama lied?

Old 03-12-2017, 09:22 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,372,302 times
So libs, what's the punishment for the MSM and Democrats who spun the Russian fairy tale that he based his tweets on?

Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 AM

79,160 posts, read 61,286,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If President Bonkers' tweets were lies, does he just get away with it?
Better get a cell that fits the other surviving presidents as well.....

Read my lips, no new taxes.
I did not have sex with that woman.
Saddam has WMD's
You get to keep your doctor and rates will go down.

I agree that Trump is less polished in his lying as he hasn't been a politician as long but you must be very very young if you don't realize how much politicians lie and why there won't be any ramifications for it unless they do so under oath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies