Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2018, 11:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

The welfare state is unconstitutional by an originalist interpretation of a Constitution. I think it would cause an uproar if SS was no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 11:34 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
No one is changing the rules. No one is doing anything without full disclosure. If some action is not following either the Constitution or the Supreme Court's ruling regarding the Constitution it will get fixed.
Nice to see at at least one liberal retains his sense of humor.

"Fixing" it is exactly what we are doing. In part by electing a President who tells the truth about the leftist fanatics (misnamed "liberals"), and nominates judges and justices who uphold the Constitution is it was written and intended.

Listen to the liberals scream in outrage and horror as we do it.

And get used to it. There's a lot more fixing to come.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:47 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Nice to see at at least one liberal retains his sense of humor.

"Fixing" it is exactly what we are doing. In part by electing a President who tells the truth about the leftist fanatics (misnamed "liberals"), and nominates judges and justices who uphold the Constitution is it was written and intended.

Listen to the liberals scream in outrage and horror as we do it.

And get used to it. There's a lot more fixing to come.
This liberal is not screaming in outrage and horror. I have faith in our system. The civil rights movement, womens rights, even child labor laws. I think we eventually got those correct. But it took time. Slow progress. I have witnessed a lot of change in my lifetime. I have learned to never say never because of it. I think our system works even as society progresses. It has so far. I will not scream in outrage or horror either way. I am just too old to be overly passionate over something that interests me so very little. I came to this thread to ask for your definition of a well regulated militia. For the 529th time you cut and pasted a novel that I did not bother reading. I learned all I needed to just by the hate and anger in your responces.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:09 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Listen to yourself man! I am wrong for wanting to know how a member of this board defines well regulated militia? For the love of Christ man!
It doesn't matter in regards to the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment does not mandate a militia. It mandates the uninfringeable right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And part of it says SCOTUS does the interpretation.
Incorrect. The US Constitution states nothing about "interpretation" in regards to the Supreme Court.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
2nd amendment: If the U.S. Constitution says one thing, and a court says another, which one should prevail?

I may not have read the last 495 posts, but I just wanted to say this regarding the thread title. If our judges were to follow the Constitution like they should, then there would be no problem. This is why I support Trump appointing judges who are originalists rather than those who judge based on emotion or some form of liberal "interpretation"of the Constitution.
Exactly. I agree 100%.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Constitution is just a bunch of words... each person reads them with different interpretations. Court system interprets them and applies them to laws. So in reality its really the courts that prevail.
The Court is not supposed to "interpret" the Constitution. They are only to uphold it. Their Oath of Office confirms such.

Where on earth are people getting the idea that SCOTUS Justices are able to "interpret" the Constitution however they wish?

Old 10-15-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The welfare state is unconstitutional by an originalist interpretation of a Constitution. I think it would cause an uproar if SS was no more.
I wouldn't care if it ended if I got all my SS and Medicare payments back, plus interest. In fact, I would actually prefer that.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:54 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The Court is not supposed to "interpret" the Constitution. They are only to uphold it. Their Oath of Office confirms such.

Where on earth are people getting the idea that SCOTUS Justices are able to "interpret" the Constitution however they wish?

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit
Constitution is just a bunch of words... each person reads them with different interpretations."

To properly 'interpret" all one has to do is READ WHAT THE WRITERS ACTUALLY "SAID" about an issue.

Reading what they wrote makes it PERFECTLY CLEAR what the mean when the said "the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR arms shall NOT be INFRINGED".

How any judge who does NOT understand that, is NOT qualified to be a judge.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
The Federalist Papers explained a lot of the reasoning behind what the Founders wanted the U.S. to be including the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies