Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 04:07 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,467,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There is no such thing as an economic theory called "trickle down". It is nothing but a scare tactic used by the left to maintain a highly stratified progressive tax system.

this took about 6 seconds to find. Chose this link as it was a nice breakdown...no wonder so many people voted for Trump...why am I surprised...

Trickle-Down Theory Definition | Investopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 04:10 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,611,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
This is a brilliantly thought out thesis here...with some strong evidence to support it...
And yet you provided none.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
And yet you provided none.
you do realize the one making the argument is the one who is supposed to offer support for it, correct?

Old 03-07-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
this took about 6 seconds to find. Chose this link as it was a nice breakdown...no wonder so many people voted for Trump...why am I surprised...

From your own article:

"Any policy can be considered “trickle-down” if the following are true: first, a principle mechanism of the policy disproportionately benefits wealthy businesses and/or individuals in the short run. Second, the policy is designed to boost standards of living for all individuals in the long run."

Short of going all communist on the rich, not one single policy is not disproportionately benefits the wealthy.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
you do realize the one making the argument is the one who is supposed to offer support for it, correct?
I do. So is the one making the counterargument.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
From your own article:

"Any policy can be considered “trickle-down†if the following are true: first, a principle mechanism of the policy disproportionately benefits wealthy businesses and/or individuals in the short run. Second, the policy is designed to boost standards of living for all individuals in the long run."

Short of going all communist on the rich, not one single policy is not disproportionately benefits the wealthy.
so wait- are you arguing there is no theory or it's too broad of a theory? seem to be mixed messages here?

Old 03-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I do. So is the one making the counterargument.

I made no argument- I made an observation; that someone threw out a wild accusation with no proof or support, typical around here especially with one side...Had I said trickle down economics is not above the head of a liberal I would be expected to offer support.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:18 PM

14,491 posts, read 11,316,602 times
Quote:

And it took me 5 seconds to read the first sentence under "breaking down trickle down theory" of your own damn link to find out that I was 100% correct.

If this forum were a screwball comedy, you would currently have a face full of cream pie.

Lol!

Old 03-07-2017, 06:41 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,812,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How many Rolls Royce do the poor buy? How many mansions do the poor buy? That doesn't create jobs and get money into the economy?
So I guess the rich spending their money on one item is the important thing and not the total amount they spend.
Actually it doesn't rich people buying stuff like that helps the economy very little. You want more of the masses buying houses and cars not a few rich people buying bigger houses and more expensive cars.

Quote:
There is no such thing as an economic theory called "trickle down". It is nothing but a scare tactic used by the left to maintain a highly stratified progressive tax system.
Trickle down economics was a scheme Reagan's Wall Street and banker cronies tricked Reagan into thinking was a good idea. Reagan didn't know any better he was just an actor for gods sake it's not like he was a Ph.D. in economics or something. He was going by what they told him.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 03-07-2017 at 06:52 PM..

Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
And it took me 5 seconds to read the first sentence under "breaking down trickle down theory" of your own damn link to find out that I was 100% correct.

If this forum were a screwball comedy, you would currently have a face full of cream pie.

Lol!

Here's the first sentence- please enlighten me as to how this proves there is no theory?

Trickle-down economics is political in nature, not scientific.

That states it's a theory. And it you're trying to win on a technicality by saying since it's a political theory- well I got news for you- economics is political these days....

The rest of that paragraph goes on to explain how it's broad based theory without a single definition....but again it's a theory...so maybe save the pie for yourself...I'm more of a cake guy anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies