Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 12:06 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,030,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
His attitude is that since he wasn't found guilty it never happened.
That's legally correct. The murders weren't caused by him (according to criminal court)
My issue was about how he could positively deal with the public after release and him saying that no one ever bothered him negatively is stupid. Him being acquitted doesn't mean that he didn't have to deal with fallout, he'd have been better served by saying "I've had people throw drinks on me, call me terrible names in front of my kids, my kids have been terrorized by the public but until the day I made a terrible mistake in Las Vegas, you've never heard of me letting the public cause me to act in an inappropriate manner".
His daughter helped him more in 2 minutes than he has helped himself.
His lawyer is awful.
Quit trying to blame the victims, deflect, lessen the crime, make it seem like learning how to Facebook is a big accomplishment.
When do we find out the decision? I think it's a hard NO from the bald guy.
Maybe he will gain yardage in the fourth quarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 12:08 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,348,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
IMO, he was railroaded by people who thought he should be punished for what THEY thought he did prior. Not for any actually crime he was convicted of. From what I heard in this hearing, 9 years is far to long to sit in jail for what happened there.
I agree.

Judge Jackie Glass was trying to get famous as the one who sent OJ to prison. Her funky Swift Justice TV show was a flop.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:18 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,030,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I hate to sound like the round table panelists on Meet the Press, but...Look...

It's clear that Simpson's 30-year sentence was in no way commensurate with that of others who were convicted of the same crime(s). If he now meets parole requirements, then he should be granted parole.

That said, every friggin' station is covering this hearing as if it were 1994-95. That'd only be because everyone knows that O.J. Simpson got away with slaughtering two people. Yes, everyone...

...including his murder trial jurors who are on record as saying so.
There's definitely some Al Capone shenanigans in his sentencing. Cant get him on the big thing, get him on the tax fraud but...
1- guns
2- being held captive by a known violent person and likely double murderer
3- despite his denial of substance issues, he was doing coke/meth regularly with his ex Christine Prody (or Brody idr)
4- there's been evidence that the majority of the items weren't technically stolen but that OJ was using 3rd parties to sell his stuff to circumvent the civil judgment and it went south. It seems like there's shades of truth to it since he was able to retrieve items afterwards via the authorities but the reluctance to do this prior may indicate that there was some illegal business between the parties.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
That's legally correct. The murders weren't caused by him (according to criminal court)
My issue was about how he could positively deal with the public after release and him saying that no one ever bothered him negatively is stupid. Him being acquitted doesn't mean that he didn't have to deal with fallout, he'd have been better served by saying "I've had people throw drinks on me, call me terrible names in front of my kids, my kids have been terrorized by the public but until the day I made a terrible mistake in Las Vegas, you've never heard of me letting the public cause me to act in an inappropriate manner".
His daughter helped him more in 2 minutes than he has helped himself.
His lawyer is awful.
Quit trying to blame the victims, deflect, lessen the crime, make it seem like learning how to Facebook is a big accomplishment.
When do we find out the decision? I think it's a hard NO from the bald guy.
Maybe he will gain yardage in the fourth quarter.
They just said 30 minutes.

I agree. This isn't how you want to present your case for parole but honestly the man was railroaded in this whole incident.

He can't help it that he's a pscyho.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:

It's clear that Simpson's 30-year sentence was in no way commensurate with that of others who were convicted of the same crime(s). If he now meets parole requirements, then he should be granted parole.

That said, every friggin' station is covering this hearing as if it were 1994-95. That'd only be because everyone knows that O.J. Simpson got away with slaughtering two people. Yes, everyone...

I agree.

Even repeat offenders don't get what he got(30 years)
Repeat offenders were getting 10 years.
1-3 years and probation, is the normal for 1st time offenders.

The courts made the Goldman's & the Brown's suffer even more, just to make him pay for Nicole's Murder. They got nothing while he was in jail. Now he is going to be out and usually parolee's must get a job, and all he makes will go to the Goldman's & the Brown's

Old 07-20-2017, 12:27 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,799,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
My parents and their across-the-street neighbor were retired during the trial and watched every minute of it. It consumed them. None of the three thought he was guilty, or at least did not think the prosecution proved its case. Trust me, I got frequent recaps. Only after the verdict came out and lines were drawn by race, did they all of a sudden change their minds and decide he must have done it. It was fascinating to watch them switch sides. We're white, btw.

I have no idea and don't particularly care whether he did it or not. But I always find reaction to the case interesting.
Only OJ Knows about the murders. I DID NOT watch the trial, but saw bits and pieces now and then. Was it OJ or his friend(???) Kato or?

There were a lot of drugs involved with Nicole and Ron and others at the Mezzaluma restaurant. There is just too much doubt. His friend Kato turned on him. Everyone was after O.J.'s fame and money.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-20-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 07-20-2017, 12:31 PM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times
Quote:

Wasn't he found guilty of armed robbery and kidnapping?

What is the usual sentence for that?

Old 07-20-2017, 12:37 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,729,268 times
Dang they need to hurry up I am on my lunch break.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:41 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,180,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I agree.

Even repeat offenders don't get what he got(30 years)
Repeat offenders were getting 10 years.
1-3 years and probation, is the normal for 1st time offenders.

The courts made the Goldman's & the Brown's suffer even more, just to make him pay for Nicole's Murder. They got nothing while he was in jail. Now he is going to be out and usually parolee's must get a job, and all he makes will go to the Goldman's & the Brown's
OJ doesn't need to get a job. OJ is 70. Fortunately for him, he doesn't have to work another day in his life. He can live on his retirement which Goldman can't touch.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:47 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,342,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes pretty sick for the victims families to see he's alive and making reality tv shows while their loved ones are dead.

Justice was not served .
OJ was found not guilty. Blame it on the cops, especially that lying scumbag racist Mark Fuhrman. From the very beginning the cops screwed the pooch in this case with their completely bogus pretext for entering OJ's property, the missing blood drawn from Simpson that was never explained or accounted for that just so happened to be in a cop's possession in violation of procedure when they made a visit to the crime scene.

There was enough reasonable doubt in the Simpson case to set dozens of people free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies