Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:09 PM

8,166 posts, read 3,157,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A strong piece of evidence was that the gloves were snug.

Turns out that a doctor let him know that if he quit his arthritis medication his hands would swell.

Hmmm?

What was up with that slow-mo car chase?
In regards to the gloves, I doubt it was lack of medication. I think it was more about the rubber gloves he was wearing over his hands. Has anyone ever tried to put their hands in their jeans pockets to pull out car keys or whatnot with rubber gloves on? It's almost impossible.

I also forgot about that civil lawsuit ruling against O.J. So basically any money he earns would go towards that.

Also mentioned is OJ having stuff sold for an income of sorts. Well that in itself is illegal I would say. Because I had an uncle who had a lawsuit against him where he owed money in the end. He had one hell of a large gun collection and he got caught selling some of the guns for money. Basically his wife was entitled to "x" amount of dollars per month from his income. He was selling the guns on the side for cash and she suspected it so she sent in an undercover gun buyer. So he got popped and had to give her "x" amount of money for the guns he sold off.

Same with O.J. If he's got that ruling against him and owes money to someone and he in fact had those guys in Vegas selling stuff for him, that in itself is illegal. But that's now what go O.J. locked up. It was the storming in and not letting anyone leave who was there and threatening them with harm if they try and leave while in the possession of a firearm. That's what got O.J. locked up this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 04:36 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,191,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The prosecution was horrible, we found that out during the civil trial. The criminal case spent all that time on a pair of stupid gloves, when it was the shoes. Those shoes nailed him, no way out of that one.
Great point! I agree with this. I suspect that if the criminal trial had been run the same way that the civil trial was (with the same civil trial lawyers), then O.J. may have been convicted in 1995 - maybe.

However, hindsight is always 20/20. And, the civil trial lawyers obviously learned from the mistakes that the criminal trial lawyers made during the '95 trial - so they wisely didn't touch many of the issues that were brought up during that earlier trial.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 07-20-2017 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-20-2017, 04:41 PM

15,696 posts, read 10,491,797 times
OJ has lived to 70 years old. His murder victims were only 35 years old and 25 years old. I hope he suffers terribly, in every way, for the rest of his life. He deserves no happiness. His two murder victims experienced nothing for the last 23 years.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:45 PM

3,900 posts, read 2,267,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
O.J.'s co-author has said O.J. confessed to the double murder in the book and we know he read that passage for the TV special.
Evidence of this?

Old 07-20-2017, 04:48 PM

3,900 posts, read 2,267,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Who'd want to watch an old, ugly, double murderer on TV?
A lot of people. It would be a ratings hit.

Quote:
I think re-runs of the Bachelorette would be more inspiring.
People watch T.V to be entertained and not to be inspired.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:52 PM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The have already. OJ had to pay them lots and lots of money after they won their civil suit.

Once he gets out, he will be broke, friendless, homeless, estranged from his now-adult children, and is 70.

He has arthritis, is overweight, notorious, and is going to wish he was back in jail again once he's out on the streets.

No, he'll be receiving his $25,000/Mo NFL pension that the Goldmans can't touch.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,126,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
oj has lived to 70 years old. His murder victims were only 35 years old and 25 years old. I hope he suffers terribly, in every way, for the rest of his life. He deserves no happiness. His two murder victims experienced nothing for the last 23 years.

this ^^^^^.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,828,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wow pretty twisted if OJ gets a reality show but I wouldn't be surprised .
Any cash he would earn from any such deals would instantly go to the Brown and Goldman families. I think with interest he owes them about $45M now. I seriously doubt he'll work for nothing.

The guy has been released, even as he was contradicting himself the whole time. As each of the four parole board members said they would recommend early release, he acted exactly, carbon copy, as he did during the first trial when he knew he beat a rap. It was like a rerun with a heavy bit of deja vu.

We can only hope he will disappear and not harm anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, he'll be receiving his $25,000/Mo NFL pension that the Goldmans can't touch.
I believe it's actually 18k mo, but he also has access to over $2M in a retirement account as well, if memory serves. Retirement accounts, social security, and pensions cannot be taken/garnished in law suits.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:43 PM

33,617 posts, read 12,816,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Just heard that O.J. will go free. Not surprised.

However, he should be in jail for the rest of his life, or worse. He murdered two innocent people in cold blood back in 1994, and there was a plethora of physical evidence that proved that he committed the crime. I don't care that he got off in a court of law. He's still guilty, everyone knows he's guilty, and it's one of the biggest jokes & travesties of justice that he got off on this.

I understand that the prosecution team made plenty of missteps here (putting MF on the stand; asking OJ to try on the glove when they weren't sure whether or not it would fit, etc.). However, he was obviously still guilty. The fact that he walked was ridiculous.

It's painfully obvious that our criminal justice system is biased towards those who have money, and biased against those who don't. If O.J. had been poor & under the exact same circumstances, he would have been in jail forever - or gotten the death penalty.

Scott Peterson is on death row for killing his wife & unborn child in CA. And, yes, he may be guilty of the crime too, but there was a lot less evidence against him than there was against O.J.; however, SP didn't have the $ to hire expensive lawyers that O.J. did.

And, how about the M. Morton case in TX? This man was innocent of killing his wife back in the '80's, and it was even proven that he was at work when the crime occurred. Yet, he was still convicted for the crime & went to jail for years, before he was finally freed by DNA evidence. Obviously, he didn't have the $ to hire a fancy defense lawyer:

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08...es-across-tex/

Conversely, there a plethora of examples of those like O.J., i.e. wealthy people who killed others and got off scot-free. Do a google search & you'll be able to find plenty of other examples.

The fact that O.J. is in jail for an unrelated crime in 2007 is irrelevant. He should have been in jail since 1994.
Re the bolded....

....or if he had been tried in the court that would normally have had jurisdiction re where the murders were committed (the Brentwood area of L.A.), rather than being tried in Downtown L.A., he also might have been found guilty, and likely would have been in jail for the rest of his life re such a verdict.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:49 PM

33,617 posts, read 12,816,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Any cash he would earn from any such deals would instantly go to the Brown and Goldman families. I think with interest he owes them about $45M now. I seriously doubt he'll work for nothing.
Sadly, if the money the Kartrashians have made in the last 10 years is any indication, OJ might be able to pay off the Goldmans and the Browns and build another fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies