Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:46 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

The Hill
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) said there could be a connection between the firing of former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and investigations into President Trump.

During an interview on ABC's "This Week," Cummings, the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, said the president has the right to fire U.S. attorneys.

But he noted that not very long ago, the president said he was willing to "keep the U.S. attorney there in New York."
"I'm just curious as to why that is and certainly there's a lot of questions coming up as to whether ... President Trump is concerned about the jurisdiction of this U.S. attorney and whether that might affect his future," he continued.
Cummings: There 'very well may be' connection between Bharara firing and investigations into Trump

I just hope the investigation includes looking to see if Kim Jong Trump himself is a freaking foreign agent!

LOCK HIM UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 09:56 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Nobody needs to read past Elijah Cummings, that says it all.

It's common for the president to replace the prosecutors at the DOJ, end of story.

How sad for you dems that you live for these fake stories about Trump.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
All Presidents clean house. This is less credible than the Russian BS you guys were talking about.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:03 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The Hill
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) said there could be a connection between the firing of former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and investigations into President Trump.

During an interview on ABC's "This Week," Cummings, the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, said the president has the right to fire U.S. attorneys.

But he noted that not very long ago, the president said he was willing to "keep the U.S. attorney there in New York."
"I'm just curious as to why that is and certainly there's a lot of questions coming up as to whether ... President Trump is concerned about the jurisdiction of this U.S. attorney and whether that might affect his future," he continued.
Cummings: There 'very well may be' connection between Bharara firing and investigations into Trump

I just hope the investigation includes looking to see if Kim Jong Trump himself is a freaking foreign agent!

LOCK HIM UP!
Does anyone remember the similarities with Nixon firing the special prosecutors?

Trump should be careful. The Democrats are all too ready to impeach and the Republicans may just want Pence as President.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Does anyone remember the similarities with Nixon firing the special prosecutors?

Trump should be careful. The Democrats are all too ready to impeach and the Republicans may just want Pence as President.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:18 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
The Hill

LOCK HIM UP!
You and Cumming don't know a thing about how the AG works, do you? Just the fact that the AG was fired/resigned doesn't mean active investigations will come to a halt. <SNOWFLAKE ALERT>

Old 03-12-2017, 10:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
The Hill

LOCK HIM UP!
Donald Trump NEVER said he would keep Bharara -- it was Bharara that announced that to the press.

I'm totally shocked that President Trump has decided to NOT keep the Obama appointees and particularly the Obama Appointee that is Chuck Schumer's favorite.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post

Wasn't alive yet, but know all about the Saturday Night Massacre. It was the final nail in Nixon's presidential coffin

Old 03-12-2017, 11:52 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wasn't alive yet, but know all about the Saturday Night Massacre. It was the final nail in Nixon's presidential coffin

And a totally different situation. Special Prosecutors are/were outside of the Executive Branch, US Attorneys are part of the Executive.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:59 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
Politicians are such unique, despicable people. In the same interview where this clown comes down on trump for making allegations with no basis or evidence, he does the same exact thing against trump 30 seconds later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies