Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 11:29 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times

Advertisements

On Thursday, conservative media outlets continued to grapple with GOP infighting over the proposed Republican Affordable Care Act replacement.

Many publications suggested that Speaker of the House Paul Ryan was responsible for the discord. In “Paul Ryan’s Self-Inflicted, Healthcare Disaster,” for example, Heat Street concluded,

Quote:
Maybe Democrats have been right all along, maybe the GOP really is the party of stupid. Only a group of idiots could roll out such a poorly-crafted piece of legislation that it actually makes the old Obamacare look good. Ryan’s not standing in the corner with a dunce cap on, he’s proudly wearing it and smiling in front of the American people.

The Daily Caller, meanwhile, promoted a combative interview between Ryan and Tucker Carlson, emphasizing Carlson’s questions about congressional inaction under Ryan’s direction. National Review also took up this angle, writing that “the GOP has proven gun-shy” before going on to argue, “This is the kind of thing that happens when a party has no leaders.”

Conservative media continued to grapple with the AHCA today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
The real cannibalism is happening on the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISwlWj7rW8

Old 03-09-2017, 11:52 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,497 times
Ryan is a snake. Unfortunately he is probably a snake who has something on enough Congress members (Republican) that he was able to secure and then re-secure his position as House leader even when so many profess to know he is a snake.

This is how our Congress (in both parties) operates these days I think .. blackmail we used to call it .. now we just call it politics. Occasionally the natives get restless though and are allowed (by their extortionists) to blow off steam even in public as long as they don't vote the wrong way when told to do so. Don't let them mesmerize you .. watch for what the other hand is doing.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:04 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,602,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
The real cannibalism is happening on the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISwlWj7rW8
Assuming (very charitably) that's not fake news, tell me what's the connection between someone on CNN eating that brain and Democrats intense intraparty fighting? Otherwise, that play on words/video lacks substance.

BTW, anything by Mark Dice is instantly suspect. He's so transparently someone with an axe to grind that even the average 10 year old can tell he's hopelessly biased. His entire media model is promoting the idea "Conservatives are good because everything they do is good because they're conservatives. Liberals are bad because everything they do is bad because they are liberals". Even conservative MSM newspaper editorial sections have more credibility.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:38 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
They could just let Obama care fail all by itself then come out with something.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:39 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
None of it really matters if Democrats continue to be a hypocritical party and refuse to embrace the progressive, working-class agenda most people want.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:29 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

You're joking right? The GOP(AKA The Party With No Plan)has had 7-Y-E-A-R-S to create a better health care plan, but was unable to do so!

Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Looks like the OP missed the fact that the GOP won, BIGLY, in November. YUGELY.

As for the failed health care snafu, why is the government involved in the first place? Oh, yeah, I remember: Hillarycare. Also a massive failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They should repeal it, period. Why are they hellbent on REPLACE?

Health care is NOT the government's business. Period!

Old 03-10-2017, 04:23 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
None of it really matters if Democrats continue to be a hypocritical party and refuse to embrace the progressive, working-class agenda most people want.
And exactly what is that progressive agenda you mention? It seems to me that the ACA was about as progressive as anything that has been passed in the 21st century, despite all its flaws. Insuring over 20 million people who have never had health insurance before is pretty damn progressive. isn't it?

Old 03-10-2017, 04:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
"Party of the stupid"........They own the House, the Senate and the White House, this after just six years ago being the minority in the House, Senate and a (D) in the White House.

Which is the party of the stupid? Once again, I will point out the obvious here and get accused of being a (R) supporter, I am not. I'm trying to point out why the (D)'s are the minority in the House and Senate with Trump in the WHite House.

"They are stupid" is NOT a valid platform. How is it so hard to understand that this failed big time in the last election? Indeed Ryan is everything that is wrong in politics BUT the (R) base has shown they are willing to speak up and throw out their speaker. Pelosi is still the face of the (D)'s in the House.

I am not a (D) either but I want a counter to one party rule. I support many of the things the (D)'s pretend to support. If they want back in power they actually have to support those things, not call people names and hope to win.

Again, the (R)'s own the White House, the House and the Senate and they are the party of the stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies