Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 11:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't know anything about Bankruptcy because I never claimed Bankruptcy. Do you have personal expertise on the subject?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Great deflection where you completely ignored every other point. Any smart business owner would know about these various avenues to save one's assets.... Again... any actual...smart business owner....
No, not really. Especially if your business is successful and have no need to know the specifics of bankruptcy laws. And if you run into issue's, and because the rules change, then you consult an expert to guide you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 11:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,962,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
[url=https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/rachel-maddow-took-almost-30-minutes-to-reveal-trumps-tax-re?utm_term=.uoEKayOq4#.sog813J4E]Rachel Maddow Took Forever To Reveal Trump’s Tax Returns And The Internet Almost Died[/url]
Exactly. He keeps saying "nobody cares" and websites were crashing from too much traffic.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:07 PM

1,896 posts, read 813,512 times
Quote:
You just don't get it, and obviously you never will because you can't open your mind to the realities of the way it works.
I do get it. You'll need to take a drastic reduction in Medicare and SSN. If you are truly wealthy it wouldn't matter but it will matter to many millions of Americans.

I prosper when more people prosper.... it's that demand thing..... that thing that drives businesses.... We don't have a supply issue in the least.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:08 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,037,601 times
Quote:

So elitism then? Only certain folks are smart enough to grasp the issue..... What's your view on rent seeking?
I got real tired of rent-seeking in the Obama administration. It was one taxpayer-financed "green energy" grift after another. Fortunately, I think the new administration will be taking a hard look at that type of chicanery.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
No, not really. Especially if your business is successful and have no need to know the specifics of bankruptcy laws. And if you run into issue's, and because the rules change, then you consult an expert to guide you.
Kinda hard to predict where your business will go when you start it, considering the failure rate of small businesses. Some folks get loans from their Daddies and don't have to worry about such things.... that wasn't me.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I've seen it both ways. Conservatives and Liberals both tend to prey on tax-illiteracy and will be dishonest about tax code if it benefits their cause. I'd be willing to wager that a number of congressional representatives couldn't tell you the difference between a 1065-B and a 1065-C off the top of their heads.

It's not really a partisan thing.
I agree with that. That's why people should be more knowledgeable at least in the basics or the tax law needs to be simplified. However I was referring to Obama and Democrats making a big push to raise taxes "on the rich" which was actually very misleading.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I got real tired of rent-seeking in the Obama administration. It was one taxpayer-financed "green energy" grift after another. Fortunately, I think the new administration will be taking a hard look at that type of chicanery.
Interesting you decided to respond to that piece only....

Green energy led the globe installation in 2016 by the way.... with China and the US.... AND the US broke production records for oil and gas under Obama too by the way.... AND the petrochemical construction refining boom is winding down too.... Lots of petrochemical exports gonna happen.

What happened to that electricity rate jump due to renewable.....?

You'll lose arguing energy with me, trust me.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I agree with that. That's why people should be more knowledgeable at least in the basics or the tax law needs to be simplified. However I was referring to Obama and Democrats making a big push to raise taxes "on the rich" which was actually very misleading.
Better the "rich" than the middle class. I'm young enough to get rid of medicare and SSN and be fine... are you? Someone's going to have to pay for the Boomers mistakes.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Kinda hard to predict where your business will go when you start it, considering the failure rate of small businesses. Some folks get loans from their Daddies and don't have to worry about such things.... that wasn't me.
That wasn't me either but I don't begrudge them for being able to get a loan from their father like you do.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:17 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,816 times
Quote:
I've been telling you ever since Obama and Democrats said Tax the rich, people making an "INCOME" of $250k a year but you wouldn't get your head out of your asses to listen. They were playing on your ignorance and you fell for the lie hook, line and sinker.

High income does not mean you are rich or wealthy either. Those people, small businesses, doctors etc simply made high income. Their expense, for example college debt, have a lot to do with the ability to grow their wealth. Taxes are an expense and high taxes reduces your ability to grow your wealth.
Which is why, if anyone is interested, Trump actually paid more in taxes than he would have with just standard tax rates. Based on his taxable income and tax rates of 2005, he would have paid just over $11 million. But because of the Alternative Minimum Tax, he actually paid nearly 3x that number.

It's not just that the income he received was very high, but the continued growth potential in the wealth that he did accumulate and/or hold onto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies