Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 10:51 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times

Advertisements

Maybe New York City and Palm Beach should totally stop any measures to protect him, if it's costing these municipalities money that they're not being reimbursed for, and let this billionaire president shoulder the costs! If he gets shot because he didn't feel like spending some money - well, too bad, so sad!

Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
His trips to Florida are ridiculous on so many levels. First of all, why the Hell does he need to go on vacation every weekend ? How about staying in DC and working for a change. Secondly, is the cost, both on the Federal level and local level.

It also creates a real traffic and neighborhood mess when he comes here. I was stuck in 4 hours of dead stopped traffic one time when Bush came to town, so can you imagine this every weekend ? That area is not designed to handle this kind of mess all the time, it needs to stop. It also drains resources that could be better spent enforcing laws and fighting crime.

Trump just really does not give a damn and does not have the common sense or brains to realize he is not a rock star but a President. The government of Palm Beach and the Coast Guard need to stop providing protection and let the Feds do it. Problem is, WE ALL pay for that bill too !

The man is an idiot.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose
If they aren't being paid for these services, why not just stop providing service?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think they should stop closing down I-95 and let him sit in the same rush hour mess everyone else does.
This. The county should simply inform Trump that they can no longer afford his trips down there. If he chooses to continue coming, then he will either, A, have to pay for the services he costs the county himself; or B, will simply have to do without them.

How do you think King Con will react to that?

Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This. The county should simply inform Trump that they can no longer afford his trips down there. If he chooses to continue coming, then he will either, A, have to pay for the services he costs the county himself; or B, will simply have to do without them.

How do you think King Con will react to that?

Donald Trump: "When you are a star, you can do anything you want !"

Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM

863 posts, read 1,195,800 times
Funny........you never see even the most ardent Trump supporters trying to defend him on this issue.

That's really saying something considering the imaginative excuses they come up with for all his other insane actions.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
I am sure someone will say soon "...but he's not taking any salary"

Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
That's what I don't understand, why is the local police force providing this service? They have no obligation to do the work of federal gov't. The 10th Amendment prohibits the federal government from using state or local resources to achieve a federal purpose.
Comcast should cut his cable so he can't watch Fox News 24/7. Maybe that would drive him out. The Coast Guard, whose budget he is cutting should let the boating crowd get up close and personal. I just feel sorry for the small businesses he is single handedly ruining.

There should also be a big running calculator (like the debt calculator) shown daily on the news of all the millions the entire Trump family is costing the country with their various residences, jet set trips and 'business' trips.

I'm assuming we pay when Lil Donny Jr. goes to his political fundraising events all over the country (or does the GOP pick that up), as well as Eric's and his business trips. Wouldn't that make people sit up and take notice of His Royal Obliviousness?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
I wonder who paid for the new landing pad for marine 1 at Mar a Lago.

Donald Trump in Palm Beach: Helipad at Mar-a-Lago complete

I bet it will make for great photo ops for his paying members.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I wonder who paid for the new landing pad for marine 1 at Mar a Lago.

Donald Trump in Palm Beach: Helipad at Mar-a-Lago complete

I bet it will make for great photo ops for his paying members.

Walk into your bathroom and look in the mirror over the sink. That is who paid for it, you and I, and everyone else in America.

Trump really needs to go and go now. (and I am not talking about going to Mar A Lago). Him rubbing our faces in it by making these trips is just one example of what a weird mind he has. Any rational person would realize this is not right, but he does it just to show us he can.

Every day, he drives one more nail into his (soon to be short) political career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies