Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 02:18 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency - The New Yorker

I haven't read this yet, but am hearing a lot of buzz about it and wanted to share while I was thinking about it. I think we'll all be hearing more about the Mercers.

In the 2016 campaign, Mercer gave $22.5 million in disclosed donations to Republican candidates and to political-action committees. Tony Fabrizio, a Republican pollster who worked for the Trump campaign, said that Mercer had “catapulted to the top of the heap of right-of-center power brokers.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 02:31 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Only if The New Yorker is publishing it. Mercer is no mystery, he just isn't a brand name like the Kochs. But The New Yorker has gone into a deep, depressed swoon that they can't seem to pull themselves out of. We've subscribed for years, but even my uber-liberal spouse can't take them anymore. You just want to kill yourself after every article, even their wonderful cartoons are all sad and gloomy. It's typical NYC liberal angst.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:35 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency - The New Yorker

I haven't read this yet, but am hearing a lot of buzz about it and wanted to share while I was thinking about it. I think we'll all be hearing more about the Mercers.

In the 2016 campaign, Mercer gave $22.5 million in disclosed donations to Republican candidates and to political-action committees. Tony Fabrizio, a Republican pollster who worked for the Trump campaign, said that Mercer had “catapulted to the top of the heap of right-of-center power brokers.”
Your own source makes it clear that your thread title is a lie.

Mercer gave $22.5 million in disclosed donations to Republican candidates, not just to Trump.

Trump ponied up $100 million for his campaign, wouldn't that make him the man behind the presidency?

I guess this is the kind of nonsense the haters are going to post when they have back to back bad weeks.

Instead of posting ridiculous threads like this, I would suggest the haters should just get used to Trump as president, because he isn't going to get impeached.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:55 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Your own source makes it clear that your thread title is a lie.

Mercer gave $22.5 million in disclosed donations to Republican candidates, not just to Trump.

Trump ponied up $100 million for his campaign, wouldn't that make him the man behind the presidency?

I guess this is the kind of nonsense the haters are going to post when they have back to back bad weeks.

Instead of posting ridiculous threads like this, I would suggest the haters should just get used to Trump as president, because he isn't going to get impeached.
My thread title is the title of the article.

As of the end of October, he'd donated $56M. Perhaps he put another $44M in the last week? $100M was what he pledged to contribute I remember. Actually at first he said he would pay for the entire thing so he wouldn't be beholden to any special interests, but that got too expensive, especially when you're not as rich as you say you are.

Donald Trump's Campaign Contributions Far Short of $100 Million Promise - ABC News

I've actually had a great few weeks, but thanks for your concern. Maybe save it for your boy, though - he's been looking pretty rough.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:59 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Wait so you're saying that Donald Trump has his very own George Soros? Well I guess that's only fair. If one side has one, then both of them should.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:04 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
My thread title is the title of the article.

As of the end of October, he'd donated $56M. Perhaps he put another $44M in the last week? $100M was what he pledged to contribute I remember. Actually at first he said he would pay for the entire thing so he wouldn't be beholden to any special interests, but that got too expensive, especially when you're not as rich as you say you are.

Donald Trump's Campaign Contributions Far Short of $100 Million Promise - ABC News

I've actually had a great few weeks, but thanks for your concern. Maybe save it for your boy, though - he's been looking pretty rough.
OK, I just checked, the final total was $66 million.

The thread title is still a lie, and Trump put more or his own money in than any one elese, by a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies