Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 06:32 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Some do not (private hospitals) and some do (public hospitals). And if you do not have health insurance, those with health insurance will pay for your health care. Is that the system you are promoting?
HEY -hey I am a safe driver 40 years I have to pay high premiums because of the neighbors stolen cars and accidents-- that's the way it works... hellooo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 06:36 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You realize total federal funds to Meals on Wheels is less than $250K, right. A little over 3% of total funding.
These people don't care about your lousy numbers or your lousy facts.

The agenda is the following so please stick with the program:

1. Trump is stupid and rich
2. People who voted for Trump are stupid and uncaring
3. The sky is falling

Do not deviate from the Borg Collective.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:41 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Single payer is great when you're rich or poor, but it pretty much sucks if you're middle class.
No it doesn't and it would prevent millions of middle class people from having to declare bankruptcy, when they get hit with huge medical expenses from diseases like cancer and the like. It's why all of the first world countries other than us have it.

They have determined that healthcare is a RIGHT and not a privilege!

Old 03-17-2017, 06:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No it doesn't and it would prevent millions of middle class people from having to declare bankruptcy, when they get hit with huge medical expenses from diseases like cancer and the like. It's why all of the first world countries other than us have it.

They have determined that healthcare is a RIGHT and not a privilege!
3% of cancer survivors file for bankruptcy.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0UJ24F20160105

Old 03-17-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Good for you but what are you saying? Cancer is just one example of thousands of diseases that can cause a family to go bankrupt, trying to treat so i'll await the rest of your research.

However, my point is single payer is the way to go but if you want to bury your head in the sand with the rest of the right wing knuckledraggers be my guest.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You need to slow down and do some research. Number one, earlier today I posted "School House Rock" on both how a bill becomes a law and our 3 branches of government, suggest you google for it.

Had the Democrats ran a viable candidate, maybe Trump would have had some competition, so blame your gripes on the Democratic Party, not Trump.

Ah, let me guess, this is St. Patrick's Day and you're "green with envy". Jealousy and sour grapes in one neat package!
I'm not green with envy because the last person I would want to be is Trump, as I don't do lying and cheating on three wives. Just want this man child to do his job, stop tweeting, stop whining, stop travelling to Mar A Lago on my dime every weekend, and apologize to BO for wiretap BS and belatedly his birther conspiracy lie.

OK!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:40 PM

45,397 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
These people don't care about your lousy numbers or your lousy facts.

The agenda is the following so please stick with the program:

1. Trump is stupid and rich
2. People who voted for Trump are stupid and uncaring
3. The sky is falling

Do not deviate from the Borg Collective.

Yeah I know better.

I didn't even mention that Meals on Wheels isn't even a federal program but a non-profit based in Virginia which makes the high dudgeon over losing 3% of the funding even more strange.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Everyone on here should just peruse the health insurance section of the Health and Wellness part of these very boards. A veritable trove of information regarding the failures of the system.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:31 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Good for you but what are you saying? Cancer is just one example of thousands of diseases that can cause a family to go bankrupt, trying to treat so i'll await the rest of your research.

However, my point is single payer is the way to go but if you want to bury your head in the sand with the rest of the right wing knuckledraggers be my guest.
Single payer is not the best way to go for the middle class. They get stuck subsidizing all the poor people to have the same option.

If you're forced to buy another person a car, they shouldn't get one just as nice as yours.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Single payer is not the best way to go for the middle class. They get stuck subsidizing all the poor people to have the same option.

If you're forced to buy another person a car, they shouldn't get one just as nice as yours.
Typical right wing BS but obviously you are drinking the kool aid, and I hope you are rich but I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies