Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Veterans Should Come Before Illegals
Agree 84 94.38%
Disagree 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 03:19 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Let me shed some light for you on why illegals are being put before vet healthcare/quality.

Simple explanation.....enforcing the border the way it should be enforced will save money by taking benefits away from illegal aliens(providing school for their kids, welfare, prison costs, law enforcement effort/$, etc.), programs/$ meant for legal citizens, can now be used to shore up VA health care and beyond.

And yes, the reality is building a wall, actually enforcing the border in a strong manner, will cost money but given this nonsense/lawbreaking that has been going on for so long/enforced in a a half baked way to benefit those in power/making $, will take time and money to fix. That's the hard reality. This problem will not be solved overnight but it's about time someone is finally taken effort to solve it.

No , you didn't answer a thing.My statment was in response to coming after a congressional member and blaming her.Trump has done the exact same thing only worse and no where in your long reply did you address that issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 03:30 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
And I will tell you once more. Just once chuck, because if you don't get it this time you never will. Promoting one cause does not mean you have no interest in the other. YOU have no way of knowing how much someone favors or promotes one over the other. Please go to school and take a logic course. Spending a dime today for water, does not mean you don't prefer tea. Making a speech about one thing does not indicate a lack of interest in another. Please stop being purposely obtuse. It does not make you look intelligent.
Take your chest and deflate it....really.

Promoting one thing that is ILLEGAL in front of people who actually need something...think about that in your school course....

Basically what you are saying is, it's o.k. to put ILLEGAL people (people breaking the law in your case) in front of those who need it far more than those breaking the law. I cannot believe I have to break it down to kindergarten language.

If the ILLEGALS are getting better service than the Vets....that would be putting the ILLEGALS in front of the Vets.....I'm sorry you don't have the mental comprehension to understand that....even when given proof....

Old 03-18-2017, 03:32 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,837 times
We can put regular vets above illegals but not POWs, because Chump himself even said that he likes people "who weren't captured".

Old 03-18-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
How is Trump not doing the same thing,he wants the Wall done before he fix's the VA.Blame Trump PRETTY SURE HE CAMPAIGNED ON THAT ...with VETS!
We should not even be talking about it, obama said he would take care of it over 8 years ago....

Old 03-18-2017, 03:37 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
No , you didn't answer a thing.My statment was in response to coming after a congressional member and blaming her.Trump has done the exact same thing only worse and no where in your long reply did you address that issue.
He said/she said/they said....haven't you learned not to trust what ANY of these clowns say?

Show me don't tell me is what you should be keeping your eye on unless you are the type that naively believes politicians words. And given trump has been in office for just a few months, I'd lay off the prejudging and wait a few years to see what he does/doesn't accomplish.

Again, actions, not words.....you might want to give that a bit of serious thought. Your partisan/trust in liars of either party is shining brightly. Look where that mindset has got our country so far, in the last few decades especially.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We should not even be talking about it, obama said he would take care of it over 8 years ago....

...as did Clinton, both Bush's ,Carter ,Reagan etc.What is your point?

Old 03-18-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
...as did Clinton, both Bush's ,Carter ,Reagan etc.What is your point?
Duhhhh....how long has it been since trump took office? I Know lefties want things done in one day, as long as it a repub in charge....everyone else can take there time....

Lets see what he does, he's already boosted the military budget, you know, instead of cut it....like who did, over the last 8 years?

Old 03-18-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Duhhhh....how long has it been since trump took office? I Know lefties want things done in one day, as long as it a repub in charge....everyone else can take there time....

Lets see what he does, he's already boosted the military budget, you know, instead of cut it....like who did, over the last 8 years?

So you are saying it's OK to make the Veteran's in this country wait for a decent VA administration,right?

Old 03-18-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
So you are saying it's OK to make the Veteran's in this country wait for a decent VA administration,right?
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, noooooooooooooooo....

What I'm saying is lets see if trump really does anything, he is already doing what he said he would do and the left is going freaking nuts about it....

If he does nothing, then I'll be just as aggressive towards him as I Have been the rest......

Does that shock you?

Old 03-18-2017, 04:37 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,370 times
The poll is dishonest. It's not vets before illegals. It's the wealthy before both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies