Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:06 PM

416 posts, read 254,478 times

Advertisements

This gave me a great idea for an restaurant:

Only locals can enter (enforced by ID). Living in high tourist areas, and in wealthy areas that are nearby poor areas, I can attest to how displeasurable it's to share the restaurant with people you don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 02:14 PM

8,507 posts, read 3,366,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Yep.

So the waiter is a single guy. & these four daughters are seated in his section. Probably dressed nicely in this trendy restaurant & the four of them are having fun & cutting up with each other - since they're sisters, & then they look up at him to order with those fabulous smiles....

Look, it was a dumb move (asking for their DLs)....but I bet he's pulled this shtick before (heck, it might have worked for him? ). & If one of them had a Birthday within 2 weeks of that day, they probably would have gotten a free fancy desert with 4 forks.

He's thinking romance & instead one of them goes La Raza on him. (like i said....he was dumb, but I doubt he was racist).
So what you're saying is that those four pretty young women are too dumb to know when they are getting hit on - or not.

The waiter didn't ask (your words) if they are from "around here" but said he needed proof of RESIDENCY: “I need to make sure you’re from here.” Driver's licenses come with addresses. The waiter could well be fortunate that the young women didn't wonder if he was some sort of stalker.

No reason in the world to be asked for private information like that without a valid reason. No alcohol involved in the meal. Very weird behavior. I would hope my daughter would never hand over ID to someone not sanctioned to take a look.

Good move on the girls' part to notify the manager. The restaurant fired him.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:14 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,924,296 times
[MOD CUT/trolling]

When I read stories like this, I am ashamed to be an American. And I can't see how anyone cannot feel that way.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-19-2017 at 03:04 PM..

Old 03-19-2017, 02:17 PM

7,270 posts, read 4,233,858 times
washington post. say no more.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:18 PM

416 posts, read 254,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
When I read stories like this, I am ashamed to be an American. And I can't see how anyone cannot feel that way.
Go to Mexico, renounce your citizenzhip, marry an latina, problem solved.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:23 PM

26,063 posts, read 22,268,288 times
Do we really know what was said? Also, is it possible they did not have ID and he was required to see it before serving them alcohol? The whole story sounds "off" to me.

Hate crime? Did he attach them to a fence and beat them calling them dirty foreigners, maybe tie them to the bumper of his car and drag them around the block shouting insults toward their ethnicity?

Old 03-19-2017, 02:23 PM

35,795 posts, read 21,180,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Yep.

So the waiter is a single guy. & these four daughters are seated in his section. Probably dressed nicely in this trendy restaurant & the four of them are having fun & cutting up with each other - since they're sisters, & then they look up at him to order with those fabulous smiles....

Look, it was a dumb move (asking for their DLs)....but I bet he's pulled this shtick before (heck, it might have worked for him? ). & If one of them had a Birthday within 2 weeks of that day, they probably would have gotten a free fancy desert with 4 forks.

He's thinking romance & instead one of them goes La Raza on him. (like i said....he was dumb, but I doubt he was racist).
Dumb and racist hope he lost his job

Old 03-19-2017, 02:24 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,924,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
This gave me a great idea for an restaurant:

Only locals can enter (enforced by ID). Living in high tourist areas, and in wealthy areas that are nearby poor areas, I can attest to how displeasurable it's to share the restaurant with people you don't like.

Or a website for that matter.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,359,191 times
The odds are very high that this happened like the supposed "racist" remarks on receipts that didn't actually happen.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM

63,178 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Do we really know what was said? Also, is it possible they did not have ID and he was required to see it before serving them alcohol? The whole story sounds "off" to me.

Hate crime? Did he attach them to a fence and beat them calling them dirty foreigners, maybe tie them to the bumper of his car and drag them around the block shouting insults toward their ethnicity?

Those were my thoughts also. He may have been checking to see if they were old enough to be served alcohol. Leave it to the liberals to make more of this story than there was. It's what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies