Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 11:29 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He screwed Hillary over during the campaign with little or no evidence and now is trying to do the same to Trump. He needs to be dealt with.

How can Comey be removed? Congress?
Hahahaha!

It's OK if he screws HC over but not if he does it to Trump?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:30 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Currently happening right now.

First point that is interesting. Comey states that they would not comment on ongoing investigations it is a Federal Offense. Yet? He released the information about investigating Hillary just before the election. Unbelievable.

They are continuing with Rogers asking about FISA wiretaps. Talking about leaking information, trying to tie Russia and Trump. More to come.
It's because they got nothing, nada, zip to prove their claims.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
It's Official: The FBI Is Investigating Trump's Links to Russia

“I’ve been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts.”

James Comey 3/20/2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...russia/520134/

Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
It's Official: The FBI Is Investigating Trump's Links to Russia

“I’ve been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts.”

James Comey 3/20/2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...russia/520134/
Yes, since July of last year

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Popcorn *munch munch munch*

19,779 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. They probably did, Hillary was promoting the idea of shooting down their airplanes in a place we had no business being thereby starting a war with them.

Do you blame them? I sure don't. Get rid of the war mongers if you want to win.
Wait- so Tillerson espouses conflict with North Korea...

Trump supporters okay with that? I mean- it's only South Korea at risk.

Plus, plus---- A massive military budget with deep cuts to diplomatic missions, even as military officials say diplomacy is CHEAP..

So again Trump supporters okay with this?

Who the hell is calling who a war monger? Come again?

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Why would a government with Republican President, Republican House and Republican Senate be motivated to do this? And what would motivate so many sitting Republicans to be so supportive of the investigation and so outspoken against a sitting POTUS from their own party?

Your whacky conspiracy theory makes no sense.
I try not to let my tinfoil get too tight, but I think much of this goes back to the fighting in Syria. Iran and Russia want an oil pipeline, and Assad, being an ally, is good with that. Saudi Arabia, and the US, don't want it to happen- we can't afford to lose the benefit of most the world's oil being sold in USD, so we stir up some already-existing dissent against Assad, and Syria becomes a huge mess. Trump threatens that, either because he's not on board with the whole premise, or because he doesn't want to **** off Russia due to business interests there, or some other unknown reason. We already know many of the old-time, establishment Repubs don't want him in office, probably because most of Washington is complicit in everything that goes on there.

Crazy? Maybe, but it makes a lot of sense when you look at the whole world situation, rather than just US/Russia.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Wikileaks unveiled the collusion of Hillary with CNN.. Wikileaks unveiled the collusion of the Democratic party to take down Bernie..

If the Democrats and the liberal media hadn't have done that, they wouldn't have anything to release. The democrats own collusion took them down.
This.

I don't understand why people are blaming "Russia" or "Wikileaks" for the DNC's admitted flaws that they did.

I heard this analogy yesterday, but it's like your girlfriend going through your phone and finding out that you sent naked pics to another girl.

Instead of assuming the guilt of you sending naked pics to the other girl, you instead get mad at your girlfriend for going through your phone, and get mad at HER for not trusting you and not respecting your privacy, and ignoring the thing that YOU did wrong.

This is how I see it. How can you get mad at Wikileaks for simply exposing what the DNC did wrong and how they shunned Bernie, fed questions to Hillary during the debates, etc?

To me, it's hilarious that people still defend the DNC and put blame on Wikileaks and Comey for the election being lost. But I digress.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
RUSSIA wanted TRUMP to win.....why is that so hard for the Trump supporters to acknowledge and understand??

Its obvious that there was cause to investigate Trump and I hope that he was wiretapped and bugged up the wazoo.

Especially given the long history of Russian support for separatist,nationalist, anti-EU, and far-right parties in the West. The Russians are huge supporters of the Le Pens and the French National Front, the Scottish National Party, Geert Wilders and the PVV, etc. Supporting Trump would be a natural extension.

I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp. Funding separatist movements in Western countries, inciting racial/ethnic/religious tensions, dividing the EU, etc weakens the West and lowers our ability to respond to Russian imperialism in places like Ukraine (Crimea, Donbass, etc), Moldovia (Transnestria) the Baltics, Georgia (Abkhazia and South Ottesia) Central Asia, etc. If we are too busy getting hysterical about Muslims, illegal immigrants, the EU, etc we won't see Russia make another landgrab. RUSSIA BENEFITS FROM AMERICANS BEING AT EACHOTHER'S THROATS! The Alt-Right are Russian puppets.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I bolded the word that will prevent an impeachment.

Accusing someone isn't the same as outright lying.
Bearing false witness is a lie of the worst kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies