Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I did vote for her because, as much as I think is an opportunist and manipulative, I think the GOP tried their damnedest to smear her with the Benghazi BS and faux outrage about her emails. YMMV
" I think the GOP tried their damnedest to smear her with the Benghazi BS"
She "smeared' herself."

it is a shame how so may on the left ignore FACTS due to their bias.

"and faux outrage about her emails."

Having held a very high TC clearance, I KNOW that she broke SEVERAL law ( the laws have been posted on here many times) and if anybody else had done what she did they would be in jail.

Sorry, if you believe what you just said, you have put yourself in the ZERO credibility file..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 06:02 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
They went through his dumpster behind Trump Tower. Of course he was wiretapped... Americans are dumb. Most can't think for themselves..
I thought it was Americans who voted Trump into office?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So, let me get this straight.... Comey says the FBI has been investigating Trump and his campaign's ties to Russia since July, but yet, there's no evidence to support Trump's claim that he was being wiretapped / surveiled right before the election? Is it just me or do those two statements directly contradict themselves?

Are we really expected to believe that an FBI investigation doesn't have a surveillance component to it?

Trump's allegations were proven true by Comey's statements. Feel free to show what I'm missing here....

Trump has been "wiretapped" since he called GW. Bush out in Iraq.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.............what story?
The story about Obama moles in government listening-in to those in the Trump circle.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:12 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have asked the left, how was the phone call Flynn supposedly made discovered?

They NEVER answer.
Pretty clear that he called the Russian minister and I would expect the minister was wiretapped, what is not clear is why Trump fired him other than the lame excuse that he lied to Pence. You would hope that the future head of NSA would know that we monitor the Russian government.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:18 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have asked the left, how was the phone call Flynn supposedly made discovered?

They NEVER answer.
By monitoring the Russian Ambassador. And no, they didn't need to hang up as soon as it was determined that Flynn was a US citizen. Under FISA minimization policies, they can see where the conversation goes and name the US citizen if that person is necessary to understand the nature of the call. From Lawfareblog:

It is certainly true that U.S. intelligence services can get orders from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to monitor foreign officials. The Russian ambassador, simply by virtue of his nationality and official position, is an “agent of a foreign power” under FISA and hence a valid target for wiretapping. It is publicly known and acknowledged that the U.S. government uses FISA to wiretap foreign embassies and consulates. So, the Journal may be right that Flynn was picked up on a wiretap of the Russian ambassador.

Wiretaps do indeed require minimization—but generally only to the extent “consistent with the need of the United States to obtain, produce, and disseminate foreign intelligence information.” In some cases, when an intelligence agency issues a report based on a wiretap, minimization requires the issuing agency to substitute a generic reference in place of a U.S. person’s name—e.g., “Ambassador Kislyak said that he was looking forward to watching the Grammy Awards on television and that he was hoping that [U.S. Person] would win an award.”

But a U.S. person’s name can be used when it is necessary to understand the foreign intelligence information in the report, and no serious argument can be made that Flynn’s identity was not necessary to understand the intelligence significance of his call with Ambassador Kislyak. The call is foreign intelligence information mainly because it involves Flynn.

https://lawfareblog.com/treatment-fl...ion-procedures

That is the most plausible explanation on HOW the call was discovered and WHY Flynn's name was not redacted.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I did vote for her because, as much as I think is an opportunist and manipulative, I think the GOP tried their damnedest to smear her with the Benghazi BS and faux outrage about her emails. YMMV
She ran guns in Benghazi and those that didn't receive them sought revenge against the nation that supplied their enemies and killed them. Bigoted democratic leadership lied and blamed it on crazy muslims rioting over a video and hillary lied about having knowledge of the gun running when Sen Paul questioned her in the Sneate hearings. The State and Treasury Departments signed up the gun runner. She lied and should be in jail.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:33 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So, let me get this straight.... Comey says the FBI has been investigating Trump and his campaign's ties to Russia since July, but yet, there's no evidence to support Trump's claim that he was being wiretapped / surveiled right before the election? Is it just me or do those two statements directly contradict themselves?

Are we really expected to believe that an FBI investigation doesn't have a surveillance component to it?

Trump's allegations were proven true by Comey's statements. Feel free to show what I'm missing here....
Other than the director of the FBI saying that he wasn't? Or the fact that the FBI would need a warrant and there no record of such thing ever issued on trump. If anything it speaks of how unlikely it would be for a clandestine operation to happened undetected while he was under investigation.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:36 AM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
If Comey clears the Trump campaign of any wrong-doing, the Democrats will be on board to impeach Comey.
The only problem is, us Republicans won't be on board, because we'll be too busy celebrating and saying "I told you there was nothing" to the Democrats.
See how Comey keeps his job? Same as last year.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:17 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,630 times
Today I read here that Trump and many people under him have been wiretapped from 2004 to 2010 by the NSA

but when asked about it, 2 days ago, Comey and Michael Rogers denied this fact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies