Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 02:45 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

So politico and CNN are right wing blogs now? Cause that's where I've been reading it from this afternoon, actually.

I haven't even bothered with Fox News or Briebart or anything.

Seriously, you gotta stop looking for "spins" and just look at what's laid right out in front of you.
Nope. I've read it there too and am seeing NO indication that Trump has been vindicated, which many are preaching here.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:46 PM

21,827 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
This has nothing to do with the Russian investigation according to Nunes.
Which means it has to do with other foreign countries. We spy on more than just the Russians, you know. We spy on pretty much everyone, including allies like Germany, as a routine matter of course. Usually we just don't get caught as we did with Germany.

Either that or there's additional information that's to come out. So far this just supports that Trump Tower was not tapped and Trump is off his rocker making baseless accusations. That doesn't mean they aren't true, of course, just that there's no proof that Trump was ever wiretapped. Can't prove a negative and all that.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:48 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Liberals right now:

"Well we weren't spying on him because of the election, we were spying on him this whole time because we spy on all of you always. We just happened to use the information at the exact time we needed it for character assassination that benefited our politics. But don't worry, we'd never do that to you. (because you'd never go against us, right??)"

Just watch the CSPAN news conference, here's a summary.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425829...nforms-speaker

1. During the open hearing on Monday, he encouraged anyone with relevant information regarding surveillance of President-elect Trump or his transition team to come forward and speak to the House Intelligence Committee.
2. Information was legally brought to him by official sources that "thought we should know it", presumably due to his request at the hearing. NSA, CIA, FBI leadership did not know that the information was going to be given to him (looks like a whistleblower).
3. He can confirm that on numerous occasions, the US intelligence community incidentally collected intelligence information about US citizens involved in the Trump transition. Details about US persons associated with the incoming administration, with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value, were widely disseminated in Intelligence Community reporting.
4. He can confirm that additional names of Trump transition team members were unmasked, similar to how General Flynn's name was unmasked.
5. None of the information he was able to see in the dozens of reports was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities regarding the Trump team.
6. Information was not part of a criminal investigation. It looks like "normal Foreign surveillance" under FISA where there was "incidental collection" that was then widely disseminated with unmasked names, but he still needs to get more information.
7. He informed Paul Ryan just this morning of this new information.
8. He is briefing the President and his team at the White House this afternoon.
9. Doesn't know if the information was picked up at Trump Tower, but working to find out details by Friday. Rogers (NSA) appears to be wanting to comply. He's concerned because he doesn't know yet if the FBI will comply. He has called the FBI, no response yet, hoping to talk to Comey later today.
10. He has seen intelligence reports that clearly show that the President-elect and his team were monitored and the information disseminated to the IC in a "raw" format.
11. Believes collection was performed legally, but the main question is why the names were unmasked and widely disseminated throughout the IC.
12. Most of the intercepts occurred in November, December, and January. During the transition period. This does not rule out any other periods of surveillance, this is just what he was able to see today.
13. It was "a lot of information about the President-elect, his transition team, and what they were doing".
14. He is surprised and "alarmed" by the discovery of this information, because it reminds him of when members of Congress were "incidentally" surveilled a year and a half ago. He doesn't understand how the intelligence regarding what President-elect Trump and his transition team were doing had any relation to foreign intelligence activities.
This makes the Intelligence community look innocent, but the DOJ and rest of Obama Administration look guilty.

It's all swamp if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
If you notice the left is pushing back the story they started (Trump /Russia connection). NSA/ CIA or the FBI must of leaked something because loyalties to Obama. Once e narrow the leak down it will be transparent where this came from.
I think they did more than leak it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
But he also said it was legal and part of FISA, so this is really a non story, but as usually the media is blowing things out of proportion for ratings.
No, felonies have occured here. Believe you me, the media isn't going to blow anything out of proportion that isn't against the Trump Administration.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-22-2017 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 02:48 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Yeah, that's weird....he ran over and didn't tell his Dem. counterpart on committee. Though he did stop and tell Ryan.

I'm wondering if instead of good news for tRump, it's BAD news for tRump and Nunes is just giving them a heads-up so they can get a good counter story together before the s*** hits the fan.

I though Nunes looked pretty sweaty when he spoke outside the WH and again when he was on Jake Tapper's show. He didn't look like he was in possession of good news for the GOP.
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing.

And who knows, Nunes may have been set up for this purposely to get him off the House committee. Get him off with a bit of really bad news for him to to leak (thus guaranteeing his removal) before the really, horrible bad news evolves.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
If you notice the left is pushing back the story they started (Trump /Russia connection). NSA/ CIA or the FBI must of leaked something because loyalties to Obama. Once e narrow the leak down it will be transparent where this came from.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
It is obviously Nunes trying to cover for Trump's lies.

Trump's tweet was "I just found out Obama wiretapped me." So how did he find out?

He obviously did not read the report Nunes was referring to, or Nunes wouldn't have had to run over like a little kid to show his teacher the routine report.

So it doesn't matter. Trump still lied, still got his info from Fox&Friends, and still owes Obama and the country an apology.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:53 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Nunes himself confirmed that the surveillance was legal. Good luck though!
The surveillance was legal but its dissemination is the issue.

Says Nunes:

“I’m actually alarmed by it,” Nunes, a California Republican, told reporters at the Capitol. “Details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in an intelligence community report,” he said. He said he didn’t know if Trump’s “own communications were intercepted.”

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Nope. I've read it there too and am seeing NO indication that Trump has been vindicated, which many are preaching here.
I'm confused. When did people say that Trump has been vindicated?

All we're (at least, I'm) saying is "Nunes confirmed that there was surveillance, but it wasn't Russia and unclear who did it".

Looks like there's still more to come with it, as its developing.

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Nunes didn't clear anything up - -he just muddled it.

Why didn't he wait to confirm everything because none of this is rush urgent had to be revealed today.......hmmmm

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Quite obvious what Nunes, in a most unorthodox manner is trying to do, which is to throw cover on his lord and master, his Royal Pettiness .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is obviously Nunes trying to cover for Trump's lies
Like tarmac discussion cover protocol, yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies