Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As for Nunes reporting this information to Trump, there is an argument to be had that given Nunes is the chairman of the Intel committee that he had a duty to report said (alleged) conduct to the President, the person in charge of all of the intel agencies.
Wrong - independent investigation info. Does not go to persons you investigating.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:22 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, he had an obligation to report "said conduct" to the other members of his committee, he blew it and he apologized. Hopefully he will exercise better judgement in the future.
Why exactly did Nunes believe he had an obligation to run to Trump with this?

Old 03-23-2017, 04:25 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why exactly did Nunes believe he had an obligation to run to Trump with this?
Apparently he doesn't believe in separation of powers.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:32 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What really angers you is that he proved Trump right.
Donald Trump said that President Obama wiretapped him.

That's not what Devin Nunes 'proved' at all.

He merely regurgitated what we already know-that Trump campaign officials may have incidentally been recorded speaking to Russians who were being surveilled.

This was no smoking gun, no vindication-just a diversionary tactic used by Republicans meant to try and change the subject and squash the investigation. Barack Obama had nothing to do with that. Period.

I am quite frankly apalled at the partisanship-over-loyalty-to-country we are seeing right now.

Are you people Americans or are you Russians????

Old 03-23-2017, 04:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I have to agree. He's an idiot. Someone pointed out that his academic background is a BA degree from Cal Poly SLO. He's been in Congress several years and has yet to learn civics.
Nunes degree is in Ag Business--probably so he could get job with Con Agra or maybe his family has farm...
But it likely doesn't require lot of smarts...

And it isn't about being from a big name college--it is about being SMART--
And Nunes's mistake today proved he is not smart---
He shot himself in the foot--
Didn't prove anything except he is a suck up and one of his people said today that Nunes couldn't say that ANY of Trump's people were picked up at all...that what he referred to as "incidental" contact could have been foreign nationals talking to each other ABOUT Trump/Tump people--
so what did he prove with that stupid, convoluted press talk???
NOTHING--just NOTHING of any substance...but he damaged himself significantly!

Where as Adam Schiff has come out and said that he thinks what he has seen (from the training/perspective of an attorney) rises to the level of going to a grand jury...
That there is enough "fire" vs smoke in this investigation that a criminal line has been crossed...

Old 03-23-2017, 04:37 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wrong - independent investigation info. Does not go to persons you investigating.
"Does not go to persons you investigating."

You should have said that to AG Lynch when she met Bill Clinton when Hillary was being investigated.

If you think they only talked about "the grand kids"' for 45 minutes, I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
And I just wanted to say that I am from Texas--I have very few politicians in Congress that I support--certainly none from my immediate area because they are all Republicans and totally on the dark side of politics (Cruz, Cornyn especially)...
So I just wanted to say California has some of the best (IMO) and the worst politicians but you don't have anyone I have seen as stupid those from a state like OK (Scott Pruitt for example)...or as snake-y (Paul Ryan)...
Adam Schiff is a keeper...

Old 03-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Apparently he doesn't believe in separation of powers.
I still don't get why Nunse would race off to tell everyone that the U.S. intelligence community “incidentally collected” information about Trump and members of his staff while investigating other criminal or counterespionage activity.

No evidence to back this up. At a later date perhaps. Heard that one before.

But whatever. I'm willing to take him at his word. Sure. Why not?

So who showed up on which investigations?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:28 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Nunes uncertain if Trump associates were directly surveilled

Quote:
The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Devin Nunes, R-Calif., does not know "for sure" whether President Donald Trump or members of his transition team were even on the phone calls or other communications now being cited as partial vindication for the president’s wiretapping claims against the Obama administration, according to a spokesperson.

"He said he'll have to get all the documents he requested from the [intelligence community] about this before he knows for sure," a spokesperson for Nunes said Thursday. Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team executive committee.
Intel chair Devin Nunes unsure if Trump associates were directly surveilled - ABC News

Say what??

Old 03-23-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Nunes uncertain if Trump associates were directly surveilled

Intel chair Devin Nunes unsure if Trump associates were directly surveilled - ABC News

Say what??
Okay. I admit it. I'm gaslit.

What the heck is this about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies