Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 03:01 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times

Advertisements

It guarentees the Democrats more votes though in certain states that are already blue for the future, but they are too silly to know that it won't change the electoral college vote.

I am not surprised by this at all. When ever I am in a poor neighborhood where these Medicaid births are concentrated it is incredible how many kids these women and men have. I mean seriously, the fathers and mothers look so exhausted, yet the women tend to be pregnant again for another baby.

Medicaid births mean crowded emergency rooms as these Medicaid births, are usually relatively physically ill children also.

I was in a Santa Ana grocery store, a while back and the grocery store sounded similar to an Emergency Room in the middle of flu season with the intense coughing fits from the Medicaid babies that are growing up in filthy, old apartments. I am sure they use the Emergency rooms alot as they have terrible respiratory issues.

I have been in many of these poverty-stricken Medicaid Birth cities and states and I feel so isolated as no matter where I go it seems like I am the only single person. It is literally a sea of poverty women and men with 3-5 kids Medicaid babies each.

It is going to be interesting though as many of the states that have massive numbers of Medicaid babies being born have huge pension liabilities coming up and relatively weak economies.

Many of these Medicaid babies, will cause rampant illness via the crowded school systems in their local area and have lots of respiratory issues as they grow up

Many of them will be in gangs with-in 15 years and the jail and prison system will be saturated with today's Medicaid babies in the couple decades.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 03-25-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 03:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Poor and lower-middle class people have always had more children no matter the society. We have to ensure they're born into a system where they can move up the economic ladder and not be relegated to low-income service work for life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
We need more planned parenthood, not less. We should have flyers indicating that you can get on the pill at little or no cost at every high school, super market, welfare office, anywhere a young woman with no means might be found.
All evidence of declining morals. There IS a right and wrong way to conduct oneself, and one's life. One way leads upwards, the other leads downward. The former is a hard climb but doable. The latter is a slippery slope that requires little effort.

While it's not comfortable to hear about morals and values, that's really where a lot of societal problems lie when people want to do what feels right to them apart from having moral standard to aim for.

If one sets one's own standards, then one repeats the same actions, and succeeding generations are pretty much doomed without outside intervention to help redirect onto better paths.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Baby/ child expenses are the sole responsibility of the parents and for the rest is private charity.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:10 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
All evidence of declining morals. There IS a right and wrong way to conduct oneself, and one's life. One way leads upwards, the other leads downward. The former is a hard climb but doable. The latter is a slippery slope that requires little effort.

While it's not comfortable to hear about morals and values, that's really where a lot of societal problems lie when people want to do what feels right to them apart from having moral standard to aim for.

If one sets one's own standards, then one repeats the same actions, and succeeding generations are pretty much doomed without outside intervention to help redirect onto better paths.
What do personal "morals" have to do with an unequal economic system? Only well-to-do couples should be allowed to have children?

Old 03-25-2017, 03:12 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
So I assume you favor free birth control and abortion?

Old 03-25-2017, 03:16 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

Old 03-25-2017, 03:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Folks, regardless of what your political point of view is, this trend is not sustainable and augers the eventual destruction of the well being and wealth of the nation. No society can withstand this trend. Forget the politicians, when you have this many irresponsible people in our midst, no one politician or congress can solve this problem. You could re-incentivize the tax code to penalize those who have children and don't have the means to provide for them, but there are some people so impulsive and stupid that they wouldn't be able to understand the meaning of such a tax overhaul.

Unless this trend is arrested and reversed, this country as you see it now will not exist in the next half century. It's simply not sustainable.
Well, of course it is sustainable! Many countries on this planet deliver EVERY baby at the expense of the government and I've never heard it being a problem.

How you make up a conclusion like this stumps me...completely! Let me provide some alternative factoids and/or guesses....

1. Support Planned Parenthood - of course, or you have more families and single parents without the means to pay for a baby.

2. The USA has the highest percentage of Cesarean births in the world? Why? Profits...plus allowing doctors to keep their golf dates.

3. Even "natural" childbirth in a normal hospital is a joke....as far as being "natural" or in terms of the value received.

4. It would very simple to set up a national midwifery org blessed by the government, states and hospitals. Do you know why it doesn't exist? It's actually as safe or safer....and maybe 1/3 the price or less.
PROFITS.....

So, instead of recognizing the real problem - which is "predatory capitalist health care at 2X the price the rest of the world pays", you rant that it is not sustainable.

What is not sustainable is our 10.5K per person per year health care costs and our entire system of "treatment for profits". But I don't think I am going to see you at the next rally calling for universal health care.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
What do personal "morals" have to do with an unequal economic system? Only well-to-do couples should be allowed to have children?

Old 03-25-2017, 03:26 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
If women (and even their partners, as condoms are free or very low cost) actually used the Public Health Department FP Clinics, they wouldn't have to resort to abortion. And like I said, taxpayer-funded Public Health Department FP Clinics FAR outnumber PP facilities. PP is redundant and not necessary.

https://www.hhs.gov/opa/

Old 03-25-2017, 03:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It guarentees the Democrats more votes though in certain states that are already blue for the future, but they are too silly to know that it won't change the electoral college vote.
Truly amazing "logic" that somehow blue states must be impregating women in the 8 of out the top 10 medicaid states...

I'll have to tell them you said it was silly to send their reps to Alabama to breed.....

Maybe you should take another look at that chart...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies